OFFICIAL FOOTY THREAD ⚽️: Spain wins 2024 Euro Cup and Argentina wins the Copa America

A funny read about the madness at Chelsea since Boehlys take over.

Geez, the Chelsea 22/23 season is so wild

Success isn't always what you see

5ihdjo.png

If Adam Silver is really planning on a mid-season tournament, he needs to get the EuroLeague involved

He’s too scared to do that.

The top Euroleague teams would beat at LEAST 1/4 of the NBA teams.

It’d make the league look bad :lol:

But it would be dope. I agree.

You guys are spitting facts in here. Both the NBA and Euro league would gain so much exposure from both leagues and generate so much money. Both fanbases can actually see different players and styles of play.

They should just cut the 82 games since it's so rare for players to do that in the modern game anymore. So much potential being wasted to evolve the sport.

He’s too scared to do that.

The top Euroleague teams would beat at LEAST 1/4 of the NBA teams.

It’d make the league look bad :lol:

But it would be dope. I agree.

Adam needs to deal with that fact that it will happen :lol:

If I'm Adams, I'd meet even with FIBA to plan a basketball champions league with the other leagues too 🤷🏾‍♂️

this is true. this city squad in particular doesn’t have super expensive players. grealish is the only ridiculous transfer.

This is foolishness :lol:
The lack of context makes it cherry picking :lol:

Their backups cost most than most teams starters :lol:, Rodri was the most expensive DM ever at the time and so was Ederson for GK's.

Main difference is also when they buy, they can afford to take their time with them or replace guys immediately if it doesn't work out while a lot of these other clubs are stuck for years with the same guys.

Even Grealish was able to be eased in slowly despite being the most expensive PL player ever, that's not the case anywhere else.

What he's saying sounds nice but they have a massive advantage in terms of recruitment when you actually look into it further. Only 1 other club in the world could've afforded Haalands wages + 3rd party/agent fees (about 200M) even with his low release clause at BVB, that's P$G.

Back
Top Bottom