OFFICIAL FOOTY THREAD ⚽️: Spain wins 2024 Euro Cup and Argentina wins the Copa America

Who wins the Euros?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
There’s a part of me that doesn’t see how financially there’s a point that satisfies all parties. For Mbappe, if he stays he collects a fat “loyalty bonus” of around 70m and then on top of that if he joins RM on a free the following season he can get a 9 figure signing bonus.

So even without wages counted in, Mbappe could earn 200m in bonuses signing with RM next season.

If you’re PSG then obviously you’re going to have to pay him a cut of that 70m just to leave, and then accept a smaller transfer fee from RM so they could give him a bigger bonus this season to make up for the 130m he’d get by going there on a free next season.

At what point do you if you’re PSG say we’re better off just keeping him for one last season.

Jose Felix Diaz thinks he'll renew :lol:, would be hilarious after everything

From a month ago

Got him at the clubs price after all, not even mad. He's gonna offer more pressing wise than Eriksen with his fresher legs, probably less creativity though, but that's already gonna be big for ETH's system over the course of the season.

Didn't really rate him too much at Chelsea but haven't heard many bad things about him from Chelsea fans and they were still trying to keep him so hoping he ends up being a solid contributor this season. Also seemed to be pushing for the move himself hard and ETH was deadset on him.

Fair deal for both clubs imo, kinda jealous at Chelsea's ability to clear out though.

bookmark this and we will see but i think going after mount is the first mistake regardless of the price
chelsea fans i see are all applauding the sale of mount

I want to be clear that I’m not applauding the sale of Mount. I rate him.

But considering the circumstances, I accept it and feel that the fee is fair.

It will be funny to see the United fans that talked the most **** about him, suddenly become fans though.

United fans on my twitter timeline were laughing at paying the 55. Saying they’ll take Caicedo instead :lol:

I remember reading so many “Chelsea ****** around and found out” tweets when that report of United forgetting Mount and going after Caicedo instead story dropped.

There’s a part of me that doesn’t see how financially there’s a point that satisfies all parties. For Mbappe, if he stays he collects a fat “loyalty bonus” of around 70m and then on top of that if he joins RM on a free the following season he can get a 9 figure signing bonus.

So even without wages counted in, Mbappe could earn 200m in bonuses signing with RM next season.

If you’re PSG then obviously you’re going to have to pay him a cut of that 70m just to leave, and then accept a smaller transfer fee from RM so they could give him a bigger bonus this season to make up for the 130m he’d get by going there on a free next season.

At what point do you if you’re PSG say we’re better off just keeping him for one last season.

Jose Felix Diaz thinks he'll renew :lol:, would be hilarious after everything

This whole fiasco is why he remains dead to me after the last tic-tac go around. Unless he's photographed wearing the white shirt in an official announcement, I couldn't care less about him.

as much as i like ten hag as a manger and tactician, his acquisitions have all been reallly sus.
more chelsea fan celebrations lol they really had a hell of a window. i don’t think i’ve moved that much in fifa

I'm not moved at all. Another mid-grade player for already failing club. Welcome to purgatory.

From a month ago

Got him at the clubs price after all, not even mad. He's gonna offer more pressing wise than Eriksen with his fresher legs, probably less creativity though, but that's already gonna be big for ETH's system over the course of the season.

Didn't really rate him too much at Chelsea but haven't heard many bad things about him from Chelsea fans and they were still trying to keep him so hoping he ends up being a solid contributor this season. Also seemed to be pushing for the move himself hard and ETH was deadset on him.

Fair deal for both clubs imo, kinda jealous at Chelsea's ability to clear out though.

Chelsea never intend to sell him for that kind of price like 80 mill pound. If they said Mount can be sold for 50 mill pound, clubs will want to buy him for less than 40 mill. They are not that stupid. 60 mill pound for a squad player who is on the final year of his contract is a lot of money

I want to be clear that I’m not applauding the sale of Mount. I rate him.

But considering the circumstances, I accept it and feel that the fee is fair.

It will be funny to see the United fans that talked the most **** about him, suddenly become fans though.

Totally understandable

To be honest, Mount's work ethic disappoints me lately. I admit that that wasn't fair for me to compare him to Lampard tho

It's true that Mount had his best year from the 2021-2022 season but his G/A were against mid/low table teams mostly. I never forget his incredible performance against Real Madrid in second leg game. Unfortunately, I think it was a fluke. That game was so emotional for everybody just like Chelsea vs Ajax game. I felt like Mount was outperformed often after being given too many chances to play. It makes me thinking that he is a replaceable player this market

I only wish him the best of luck tho

Really hate this signing.

Mount is such a bang avg. English player, and we once again didn't stick to our guns and came up in price when no one else was around to bid against us.

No point in getting hopeful about this club until the Glazers are gone.

Not even allowed to wish for the best for new signings? C'mon :lol:

Been saying he wouldn't be my first choice but I trust the manager in trying to recruit his profile of players so I'll give it a chance before ****ting on him :lol:

He's apparently liked him since 2018 when he was on loan at Vitesse, I'm sure he has an idea what he might bring.

Now time to go and get in a new no.1 and striker

bro we have/had 44 players on a normal roster of 25(avg). I EXPECT losses out the wazoo:lol:. On the field Ls and now a real transfer window. Boehly is learning

Who else was competing with United to acquire Mount? NO ONE.

Chelsea were not bringing Mount back under any circumstances. This was the last Summer to cash out on Mount.

They would have let go of Mount for much cheaper but then United came calling and they saw an opportunity to “rob”.

Just call it what it is.

Not even allowed to wish for the best for new signings? C'mon :lol:

Been saying he wouldn't be my first choice but I trust the manager in trying to recruit his profile of players so I'll give it a chance before ****ting on him :lol:

He's apparently liked him since 2018 when he was on loan at Vitesse, I'm sure he has an idea what he might bring.

Now time to go and get in a new no.1 and striker

I'll be honest with you. He's easily likable when you know him on and off the pitch. Mount has always been a positive guy

Heck, I rooted for him to do well many times :lol:

It's just his game doesn't speak well enough. You cannot win games by having nice dudes on the pitch

Chelsea were not bringing Mount back under any circumstances. This was the last Summer to cash out on Mount.

They would have let go of Mount for much cheaper but then United came calling and they saw an opportunity to “rob”.

Just call it what it is.

Yeah, insane. I figure Bayern and other clubs will be waiting for next year to sign Mount on pre-contract. To be honest, I was prepared to see Mount signing a pre-contract with a different club in January 2024

Just call it what it is.
Same situation with Havertz. Difference is, United fans haven't been on the receiving end of this Chelsea ******** before :lol: They'll find out.

Same situation with Havertz. Difference is, United fans haven't been on the receiving end of this Chelsea bull**** before :lol: They'll find out.

Teams actually wanted Havertz tho. There was RM and Bayern smoke.

Absolutely no one wanted Mason Mount.

I was speaking to the fact United have much higher revenue than these other clubs and yet are apparently being limited by FFP. Yet a club like Chelsea can spend 500m in a years time and have no issues.

I really do think this has more to do with the sale then to do with the club actually having money. But then again we are always slow in the market under these owners

Those long contracts they were doing helped spread out the cost of transfer fees past the standard 5 years. Because of that, they closed the loophole starting this summer. You can now only spread it out over 5 years. They also get great returns when selling players.

For United, our revenue is not keeping pace with the wage bill and our transfer spending. And obviously, we have **** owners who think we are Disney world or whatever.

Fair, but was anyone paying 70 for Havertz? Boehly out here like Michael Scott turning the tables this summer.

No they weren’t but sometimes you have to overpay for players if you have competition in the market.

United had no competition. :lol:

Back
Top Bottom