OFFICIAL FOOTY THREAD ⚽️: Spain wins 2024 Euro Cup and Argentina wins the Copa America

Who wins the Euros?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
so you are saying united are the yankees of footie? :lol:

I mean that wasn’t my point - but you could say that. United would be the Yankees of England. Or the Cowboys.

Europe it’d be Real Madrid.

Chips are all that matter. That was my point.

20230803_133812.jpg

madrid really need touchameni. it’s odd though how he just doesn’t look comfortable even with all the world class midfielders around him

i expected him to take off more than camavinga
You basing this off pre season, where him & Bellingham been our best players?

He had a great first half of the season, then like the rest of team never got back to that form after an injury.

Camavinga is not currently better than him either.

Pulisic is a fine player, it’s just the margins are thin when you get to elite clubs and he just doesn’t excel at any one thing in particular to deserve to get real playing time at a major club.

We won’t see an Elite American until our best atheletes really start playing the game and it still feels like that’s a little while away, although I think the game is making real strides in popularity (see Speed, Kim taking her kids all over this year etc.)

You basing this off pre season, where him & Bellingham been our best players?

He had a great first half of the season, then like the rest of team never got back to that form after an injury.

Camavinga is not currently better than him either.
last szn
i’m not watching y’all’s preseason matches even though he looked sus against barca

so are the rumors just fluff?

United would be the Yankees if the Yankees missed the playoffs 8 out of the last 10 years. Let's be real, aside from a couple 2nd place finishes they haven't even been close to a title.

United would be the Yankees if the Yankees missed the playoffs 8 out of the last 10 years. Let's be real, aside from a couple 2nd place finishes they haven't even been close to a title.

So if you’re telling me United fans no longer expect to win and expectations are that pathetic….

Mets then.

I’ve been hard in Sancho but he seems to be in better shape. I think having a real striker in Rasmus will really benefit him. He excels if he has people who can make runs around him.

Also, as “mid” as Sancho might be, I’m starting to accept that Antony might be the worst player I’ve ever seen in a United jersey. He makes the 80m’s we dropped for Harry look like a bargain.

I remember there was a Ted Lasso skit (you know before he became a p**** on Apple TV)

Where he was like “So Liverpool and United are both the Cowboys?”

And I was thinking to myself. “Sort of, yea. It’s hard to explain”.

(But Pool have won since then)

That’s not even disrespect tho.

You guys never tried explaining Soccer to your friends here who know NOTHING about Soccer by comparing American sports? :lol:

I’ve done this my whole life. :lol:
No I get that. And idk who United compares best to but to call them the Cowboys, who haven't won a Super Bowl in like 30 years, is hilarious.

Tho, their fans sure are similar levels of delusional.

Yea that’s the other point I always make with these comparisons.

FANS.
Do Arsenal next. Cleveland Browns? Detroit Lions? What's the most hopeless team where the fans know the outcome and you can't trick us anymore?

Some teams like the Browns or Lions can't be compared because if they played in Europe, they be in the 2nd/3rd division.

Back
Top Bottom