OFFICIAL FOOTY THREAD ⚽️: Spain wins 2024 Euro Cup and Argentina wins the Copa America

Who wins the Euros?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
It’s crazy that being “anti-American” has become a tool for CONSERVATIVES.

Since when are they on this ship?

Now they’re making me look bad. :smh:

1691436367893.jpeg
Theyve always used this tool... where you been?

Why does it feel like this'll all end up with him renewing in a few weeks :lol:

Kind of like when he was linked to City a few summers back

Has that feel to it. That or he knows that come winter time, he’s signing a pre-contract elsewhere and he’ll have even more options

😂 Just take the money

I would've taken it but they do have like £130M in fresh funds to play with and offered more for a worse player, £40m for Gallagher, just a few weeks back :lol:

Can afford playing handball with them since they're getting desperate.

attendance matters in other aspects of sports..

but the important aspect is, it’s the national team.. there is no special factor for popularity, it’s why you have trials in other sports to qualify

if Phelps screws up at trials, he’s not going to the Olympics.. Same for ledecky

and payment from USA is based on results not the who or the why

and I get the argument in even scholastic sports because you certain teams that literal drive revenue for the institution and other sports

but for the national team, it’s the popularity of that event and ain’t got shh to do with the results.. by that logic the Olympics teams should pay certain swimmers, runners and gymnasts the most since those are the most popular events

but if you’re a star, you will get yours above everyone else from your country in sponsorship.. like bolt and Phelps did.. or like Serena did

I brought up attendance because you mentioned that the US men's team isn't attracting as many people to their games as the women's team. The difference in numbers is clear. I also pointed out that the women's team has been winning, which likely contributes to their increasing popularity and viewership surpassing that of the men's team.

Popularity is definitely a factor. It affects the number of sponsorships a team can secure, which in turn affects their earnings. That's why you see brands all over the place.

It's also worth noting that popularity can impact player selection for certain sports. Sometimes, a team might bring along a less talented player for marketing purposes. To deny that this happens would be disingenuous.

Back
Top Bottom