OFFICIAL FOOTY THREAD ⚽️: Spain wins 2024 Euro Cup and Argentina wins the Copa America

Who wins the Euros?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Elliott can play in the midfield, but not in this advanced role where he will have to cover Trent while he's far up the pitch and then still look for runs and creating chances. Just too much to ask of him considering this is his first time in the role. Might as well sign a RB and convert Trent in a midfielder at this point. It makes the most sense.

Elliott can play in the midfield, but not in this advanced role where he will have to cover Trent while he's far up the pitch and then still look for runs and creating chances. Just too much to ask of him considering this is his first time in the role. Might as well sign a RB and convert Trent in a midfielder at this point. It makes the most sense.

the same dilemma we faced with kimmich at RB. converting him was easy, replacing him with someone of the same quality at RB has been damn near impossible

Liverpool will be fine. Team is full of quality with the best manager in the world. I get the frustration though.. owners need to open the purse strings just a little bit more for another mfer or RB

Man says whatever after bad results
9820ED51-1554-45B4-B2E6-9F443562E646.png

As much success as Pep, Klopp and Tuchel have I honestly dislike all of em. They are extremely passionate but its borderline animated to me.

They are so into their heads they really can't unsee their own faults. I only back Pep because he's our manager but these guys are absolute nutcases.

Maybe I'm too used to the NBA and seeing adjustments made throughout the games but footy coaches really live and die on their tactics and excuses :lol:

Liverpool will be fine. Team is full of quality with the best manager in the world. I get the frustration though.. owners need to open the purse strings just a little bit more for another mfer or RB
We will be. It's injuries and outages, but we will have issues if we don't sign a midfielder and a RB.

I wish Klopp would stop with **** like that.. leave those petty excuses for Pep. He’s too good to feel like he needs to make excuses
This is mental tactics. You're not going to go out and publicly trash your players in a time of despair or they'll end up like United during their slump. Especially this early in the season. You have to protect the player's confidence. I'm surprised you all don't recognize that.

For everyone saying Pool is going to be fine, just how sure are you? That midfield was McFred quality today .

Thiago doesn’t have the best history of staying healthy. Salah is still great but it can go fast when you’re on the wrong side of ‘30, Hazard went from the best player in the prem to an afterthought pretty much over night.

Diaz and Nunez are talented and Nunez was missed especially out there today (has a lot of size on Lisandro), but the team has a lot of holes. Henderson and Milner starting in 2022 is a recipe for ending up outside of the top 6. The prem is too loaded week to week, and Darwin/Diaz can become Pepe/Werner 2.0 real fast.

United couldn’t have been in more peril before today and now this ******ed fan base will swear we’re back. Hard to coach in a sport like that and not be a maniac.

How upset were the fans?

Were they trying to attack the TV when Bruno held onto the ball? :lol:

Fam the excuses started flying right after Man U scored. I’ve ruled them out as my team. Don’t wanna deal with that fanbase :lol:

I’m probably just gonna root for players. Americans, Mexicans, and Salvadorans (if we ever get another player in europe lol).

My main takeaway from watching 3 weeks worth of the Premier League is that regular season games matter so much more compared to american sports. The flipside to that, tho, is knowing your season is over after 4 games would kind of suck. Also, if a team runs away with the title and is clearly gonna win with multiple weeks left in the season. That would be kind of wack for neutral viewers. But I’m definitely gonna keep following along. I’m slowly getting to know these little storylines between players, cosches, teams, etc.

Last edited:
Fam the excuses started flying right after Man U scored. I’ve ruled them out as my team. Don’t wanna deal with that fanbase :lol:

I’m probably just gonna root for players. Americans, Mexicans, and Salvadorans (if we ever get another player in europe lol).

My main takeaway from watching 3 weeks worth of the Premier League is that regular season games matter so much more compared to american sports. The flipside to that, tho, is knowing your season is over after 4 games would kind of suck. Also, if a team runs away with the title and is clearly gonna win with multiple weeks left in the season. That would be kind of wack for neutral viewers. But I’m definitely gonna keep following along. I’m slowly getting to know these little storylines between players, cosches, teams, etc.
4 games won't ruin your season in PL. Maybe a few years back when City was the only one stacked and everyone else was in shambles, but teams are much more stacked and able to compete to take points either via a win or draw.

Then you have other Cups/leagues teams are involved in. The champions league is bigger than all domestic titles. So, if your team loses domestically, but wins the Champions League that is a big win(Chelsea went from having an abysmal performance domestically to winning the Champions League and end up reshaping as a powerhouse). Then each league has additional cups.

PL- Prem League title, Fa cup, and Carabao cup,

Ligue 1- Ligue 1 title, Coupa de France and Coupe de la Ligue

La Liga - La Liga title and Copa Del Rey

Series A- Seria A title and Copa Italia

Bundesliga - Bundesliga title and DFB Pokal

Like basketball, you will have all kinds of crazies within a fanbase. What keeps people interested in continuing to watch a league despite there being a "clear" winner is fantasy leagues, individual players, and just the pure enjoyment of the game.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom