OFFICIAL FOOTY THREAD ⚽️: Spain wins 2024 Euro Cup and Argentina wins the Copa America

Who wins the Euros?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
naw man allegri has to go. this is insane :rofl:

1661242250616.png

Last edited:
Fam the excuses started flying right after Man U scored. I’ve ruled them out as my team. Don’t wanna deal with that fanbase :lol:

I’m probably just gonna root for players. Americans, Mexicans, and Salvadorans (if we ever get another player in europe lol).

My main takeaway from watching 3 weeks worth of the Premier League is that regular season games matter so much more compared to american sports. The flipside to that, tho, is knowing your season is over after 4 games would kind of suck. Also, if a team runs away with the title and is clearly gonna win with multiple weeks left in the season. That would be kind of wack for neutral viewers. But I’m definitely gonna keep following along. I’m slowly getting to know these little storylines between players, cosches, teams, etc.
Champions League hasn't even started and thats the pinnacle of club soccer. Right now teams only focus on their leagues but once Champions League matches take place in between league games it gets even better.

Theres also domestic Cup matches that get mixed in mid season and some teams play 3 matches a week and that's when **** gets crazy. League is far from over especially with the World Cup deadass in the middle of this season.

Also don't feel like you have to choose a Premier League club...the Italian and Spanish leagues are worth watching for Mexican players. Hirving Lozano plays in Italy and Diego Lainez and Jesus Corona plays in Spain. Germany has more of the young American talent with Gio Reyna, Ricardo Pepi, Justin Che, and the OGs like John Brooks and Chandler.

Last edited:
Reactions: HIM
Early days in the season. Still plenty to play for with cups and what not as above. Very enjoyable start to the league.

Legit didn't know him until a few weeks ago :lol:, that English tax is serious though

Hope he shines for them with consistent footy, he wouldn't be the first defender I'd send packing but his injury proneness doesn't help him.

Mou was interested in bringing him to OT a few years back

:nerd:

Was his best overall game so far. Love what he brings to the team. His agility for his size is wild

Having not seen too much of him at Dortmund. I was suprised with his activity. The few times i saw him at dortmund he ended up very isolated. Could have to do with the service lacking (just like Vlahovic at Juve). But he was checking back attempting to link up play and was very active even when he wasn't getting touches as far as movement for a #9. He is only going to get better.

TAA is absolutely generational moving forward, just don't think he's best suited as a defender

RM or RW might be the best use of his talents

He's defensive capabilities
Say you were a CB and they told you to get forward constantly in a match and assist in scoring/creating a goal. Can you do both defend and score? Yes, but you will be a liability on one side of the ball. Trent isn't fast enough to go so high up the pitch at full pace and try to create chances. and if it doesn't work, to then immediately track back on the other side to try and stop a counter being made by some pacey winger/counter-attacking team. Sometimes he's pushed so far up and slanted in the middle that it doesn't make any sense.

I've been saying it for a while. Convert him into a midfielder and sign an RB whose job is to defend or leave him as RB who makes a daring run like that 3-4 times a game. With him as a midfielder, it grants us more depth and someone who is versatile enough that if he needs to fill in that RB role for a game or two, he can. But this advanced role that he's been in for the last few years is just not working out these days. He's getting blamed for the tactics of the manager. Anyone who watches football and has at least an eye can tell.

Say you were a CB and they told you to get forward constantly in a match and assist in scoring/creating a goal. Can you do both defend and score? Yes, but you will be a liability on one side of the ball. Trent isn't fast enough to go so high up the pitch at full pace and try to create chances. and if it doesn't work, to then immediately track back on the other side to try and stop a counter being made by some pacey winger/counter-attacking team. Sometimes he's pushed so far up and slanted in the middle that it doesn't make any sense.

I've been saying it for a while. Convert him into a midfielder and sign an RB whose job is to defend or leave him as RB who makes a daring run like that 3-4 times a game. With him as a midfielder, it grants us more depth and someone who is versatile enough that if he needs to fill in that RB role for a game or two, he can. But this advanced role that he's been in for the last few years is just not working out these days. He's getting blamed for the tactics of the manager. Anyone who watches football and has at least an eye can tell.
No I get it. I do. I also think he's actually able to defend he just doesn't want to. He saves energy for offense which makes sense when you have vvd and kanoute behind you.

But labeling him generational is a bit much. He probably won't even start over Reece James

It's all based on Deschamps and player health imo.

No I get it. I do. I also think he's actually able to defend he just doesn't want to. He saves energy for offense which makes sense when you have vvd and kanoute behind you.

But labeling him generational is a bit much. He probably won't even start over Reece James
Could he defend a bit better? Yeah, but regardless the way we are playing is just suitable for this roster. He won't start over Reece James cause the medias current trend is to label him as a defensive liability as opposed to looking at the tactics. They were doing it since last season. He's better than Reece, but the difference is Reece is in a role where he doesn't have to break the norm and do way more than he can and thus, he will look good.

10-15 years ago he'd have been a world class RM and probably shortlisted for the B'Dor by now but with the WB wave over the last 10 years he's been made a FB when his skills would be utilized much more efficiently by not having the responsibility to always defend.

I agree with tomdiginson tomdiginson in that Klopp should sign a natural RB and give TAA license to play further up in the midfield or on the wing in attack. Would be more beneficial for everyone imo

yeah he's just not defensive minded. also the luxury of being an attacking defender is that a good winger like salah will take all the attention off of him and allow him to get those crosses in relatively pressure free.
no one uses wide midfielders anymore though but he would fit in a back 5. wonder if klopp would ever try it.

It's all based on Deschamps and player health imo.

Could he defend a bit better? Yeah, but regardless the way we are playing is just suitable for this roster. He won't start over Reece James cause the medias current trend is to label him as a defensive liability as opposed to looking at the tactics. They were doing it since last season. He's better than Reece, but the difference is Reece is in a role where he doesn't have to break the norm and do way more than he can and thus, he will look good.

I'd be interested in seeing TAA as a wing back. I think as a ball dominant team you would want more attacking players on the field when possible. I completely understand why Klopp does what he does. TAA just needs to stop being lazy defensively honestly. I don't think he is great technically on the ball and i think his position fits his skill set. And Pools midfield right now is not good so its not doing him any favors either. They started James Milner yesterday....

Back
Top Bottom