OFFICIAL FOOTY THREAD ⚽️: Spain wins 2024 Euro Cup and Argentina wins the Copa America

Who wins the Euros?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
This Anthony Gordon talk is depressing, I haven’t forgiven Everton for the Ross Barkley transfer yet
You guys finna repeat it with Gordon. The potential is there, but not for that amount. I miss the days when cats had to prove it much more consistently to warrant that transfer fee. Nowadays they don't have to do much and clubs dropping big bags. 4 goals and 3 assists in a full season for 60-70 mil?

As much as I want someone, I’ve learned to trust the board. Sometimes we fans get our manager mode hats on and think if someone doesn’t pan out we’ll just sell them. But very often when players don’t pan out here, they still stay. And by the time they leave it’s on a free or massive discount.

Even after getting rid of so much dead weight, we still have Hazard, Asensio, and Mariano making minimal G/A contributions. So as much as the likes of Diaby, Nkunku, Antony might pan out, they don’t unanimously convince the fanbase or board. They could turn out to be mid, and not that much better than playing Valverde/Rodrygo at RW. The one guy that convinced us is thriving in Arsenal, which is also somewhat of a testament to trusting the board.

I think the fanbase is antsy because we haven’t made an attacking splash in years, have apparently made 600m in sales the last few years, won a CL, missed out on Haaland and Mbappe, and still haven’t filled our obvious need in attack. But if there isn’t a player really worth going after you can’t just invent him. So I’m fine with the no mid approach. Who knows maybe the next big thing breaks out by the winter market/World Cup. The good thing is we know we’ll be good for the money when the time comes.

As much as I want someone, I’ve learned to trust the board. Sometimes we fans get our manager mode hats on and think if someone doesn’t pan out we’ll just sell them. But very often when players don’t pan out here, they still stay. And by the time they leave it’s on a free or massive discount.

Even after getting rid of so much dead weight, we still have Hazard, Asensio, and Mariano making minimal G/A contributions. So as much as the likes of Diaby, Nkunku, Antony might pan out, they don’t unanimously convince the fanbase or board. They could turn out to be mid, and not that much better than playing Valverde/Rodrygo at RW. The one guy that convinced us is thriving in Arsenal, which is also somewhat of a testament to trusting the board.

I think the fanbase is antsy because we haven’t made an attacking splash in years, have apparently made 600m in sales the last few years, won a CL, missed out on Haaland and Mbappe, and still haven’t filled our obvious need in attack. But if there isn’t a player really worth going after you can’t just invent him. So I’m fine with the no mid approach. Who knows maybe the next big thing breaks out by the winter market/World Cup. The good thing is we know we’ll be good for the money when the time comes.

Give some Cantera boys a chance.

A follow up thought, maybe Valverde at RW is the move for now too. Gives us flexibility defensively being able to play 2 blocks of 4 (and Vini/Benz to lead counters.) Helps an aging Carvajal with the workrate, frees up room in midfield for Tchouameni and Camavinga to get minutes (and maybe Bellingham in the future.)

And I know fans want a backup ST but the only players that fit the mold are mid. And it seems like our board doesn’t want anyone joining this camp unless they’re studs. I just hope the next big thing in attack rises sooner than later. And Benz stays healthy.

If Chelsea want to disrupt the market and throw it into chaos that’s fine….

I want €120 million for Neto, you hear that Arsenal?

Sorry, I don’t make the rules.

Neto is a solid player, but his finishing needs work. He hasn't had anyone to deliver the ball since Wolves has had a bunch of injuries so much of the chances he's created are for naught. But the potential is there. Max I would send to wolves for him is 35 and maybe 40 with bonuses.

Neto is a solid player, but his finishing needs work. He hasn't had anyone to deliver the ball since Wolves has had a bunch of injuries so much of the chances he's created are for naught. But the potential is there. Max I would send to wolves for him is 35 and maybe 40 with bonuses.

I agree with everything you said here about Neto.

But Chelsea are turning this into something else.

Like I said, I don’t make the rules.

I agree with everything you said here about Neto.

But Chelsea are turning this into something else.

Like I said, I don’t make the rules.
I don't disagree at all. If this kid at Everton is going for that amount, then Neto should be going for 2-3x the amount.

Englanders are by far the worst I’ve ever seen a pronouncing names.

Like have some pride in your work. Get the guys name right at least.

it's not that they're not aware they don't care.

I remember watching a Arsenal match where the commentators talked about meeting with Nuno Tavares and learned they were mispronouncing his name, they said it correctly once then continued with the mispronunciation the rest of the match.

it's not that they're not aware they don't care.

I remember watching a Arsenal match where the commentators talked about meeting with Nuno Tavares and learned they were mispronouncing his name, they said it correctly once then continued with the mispronunciation the rest of the match.

That’s even worse.

Whoa no way
19ED508A-E72A-4FE8-B64F-34EA66AD411E.jpeg

My boy saw the Chelsea team walking around when they were here in Boston for preseason a couple years ago. He said he missed a lot of the team but he called out for Ross Barkley and he just straight up ignored him :lol: :lol:

Back
Top Bottom