OFFICIAL FOOTY THREAD ⚽️: Spain wins 2024 Euro Cup and Argentina wins the Copa America

Who wins the Euros?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
First 35 mins were smooth sailing, but the rest of the match was sloppy. Rodrygo and Camavinga continuing what they did in the CL, making an impact off the bench. Props to Carlo today. Made the subs fairly early on, it’s been a key to what’s changed his managerial tenure when he was on the hot seat at points last season making 80th minute subs.

3 away matches and 9 points to start the season. Hope we get a better performance next weekend though.

Camavinga is getting visibly better. His shimmy to make space is so filthy, and that breakaway speed to open up the field was really impressive.

Benz is freaking inevitable. As soon as they determined that to be a foul on Ceballos, I knew Benz would pick up that ball and there was no way Alaba was taking the FK

Tchouameni was also really good today, played out of pressure so easily.

Alaba kinda disappears when plays fullback attacking wise and contributes more when plays CB. We got nothing from fullback today.

Big match up vs Betis next week, they had our number at home for years now.

What happened yesterday to Sporting and today to Porto is crazy.

Chaves is crazier. Been 20 years since they were up. (This is my grandpa’s team).

$100 million for a guy that scored all of 8 goals last season in the damn Dutch league :lol: :smh:.

Truly ridiculous Porto only got €45 million for Luís Diaz.

Porto really need to be on some Ajax “F*** You - Pay Me” s*** going forward.

They have been settling for way less recently. It’s pathetic.

I want €80 million for Diogo Costa from United. Bleed these morons.

For anyone who actually watches both EPL and La Liga, any thoughts on comparisons for those 8th-15th type sides.

In terms of both collective quality and playstyle against the top 2 of their respective leagues.

We heard for years that La Liga was a 2-team league while they also dominated Europa. And now I guess we’ve also got the conference league to compare further depth. But when you see the financial discrepancies and regulations on La Liga, it really seems unsustainable and like something will have to give (if it hasn’t already.)

The market in the Portuguese league is unfairly cheap. What gives?I want Diogo Costa in ManU. I love his contribution with his feet. Knows how to play from the back very well too. Fits the system well.

The market in the Portuguese league is unfairly cheap. What gives?I want Diogo Costa in ManU. I love his contribution with his feet. Knows how to play from the back very well too. Fits the system well.
The fight for CL spots in the Portuguese league is much tougher as compared to the Dutch league so you have to secure some funds as safety. Ajax knows as long as they aren't a disaster they be in it. That's a huge safety net and can afford not sell players on the cheap. I feel that contributes to some cheaper deals being done.

The fight for CL spots in the Portuguese league is much tougher as compared to the Dutch league so you have to secure some funds as safety. Ajax knows as long as they aren't a disaster they be in it. That's a huge safety net and can afford not sell players on the cheap. I feel that contributes to some cheaper deals being done.
Yea they outspend all their domestic rivals combined typically and don't really need to worry about competition for CL places as much as in Portugal so they really can maximize the money that they sell for. Unless a player's on an expiring contract they usually sell on their terms.

They've also got the pedigree as a European heavyweight club historically that makes them try to move differently than most selling clubs who usually sell out of necessity.

That gives them stronger position to really squeeze everything they can get for their players who end up shortlisted by other clubs.

They outspend all their rivals combined typically and don't really need to worry about competition for CL places as much as in Portugal so they really can maximize the money that they sell for. Unless a player's on an expiring contract they usually sell on their terms.

They've also got the pedigree as a European heavyweight club historically that makes them try to move differently than most selling clubs who usually sell out of necessity.

That gives them stronger position to really squeeze everything they can get for their players who end up shortlisted by other clubs.

Pedigree my balls.

Ajax haven’t won a CL since 1995.

Pedigree my balls.

Ajax haven’t won a CL since 1995.
Tell that to their club management and board members who see themselves as the club of Cruyff, Total Football and CL titles more than a selling club :lol:

I'm not agreeing with it but they definitely have a good amount of pride and care a lot about their perception amongst big European clubs even though they've essentially become a selling club over the last 25-30 years

Tell that to their club management and board members who see themselves as the club of Cruyff, Total Football and CL titles more than a selling club :lol:

I'm not agreeing with it but they definitely have a good amount of pride and care a lot about their perception amongst big European clubs even though they've essentially become a selling club over the last 25-30 years

Porto > Ajax

You could write a book/make a doc on the instances of this kind of stuff in football man. Had the likes of Pele, Maradona, Hulk etc for through similar or even worse between their fam :smh:

We won’t pay a dollar over 90 million at the end of the window .. take it or leave it, but please take it because we are desperate and ******ed

Back
Top Bottom