OFFICIAL FOOTY THREAD ⚽️: Spain wins 2024 Euro Cup and Argentina wins the Copa America

Who wins the Euros?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I know this was said partially in jest, however, for clarity Porto was in a financial bind and Liverpool was the only Club willing to give them 95% of the transfer fee upfront or they would have faced punishment for FFP. Diaz also only had 1 year left on his deal with Porto. Diaz had a similar performance situation to Darwin. He showed potential but really had a breakout for Porto within that year. Risky for Pool that said season could be a one-off, but worth the gamble. Porto would have been foolish to hold off for more money cause he would be a free agent in a year. No club would splash a huge amount on him. They would just let his contract run out and he would have left on a free.

Yea I’m going to have to disagree with the Darwin comparison.

Luis Diaz did not just come out of nowhere. He’s been a baller.

Wasn’t a gamble to me like Darwin.

(I get the rest of the stuff tho)

He decided against it huh :lol: Don’t nobody want this bum ****

Terminate the contract and let Ronaldo be a free agent then.

Oh but you guys won’t tho….

You’re too scared he’ll join Chelsea. Score 30 goals. Win a trophy. And take the top 4 spot your owners love so much.

Yea I’m going to have to disagree with the Darwin comparison.

Luis Diaz did not just come out of nowhere. He’s been a baller.

Wasn’t a gamble to me like Darwin.

(I get the rest of the stuff tho)
Look at Diaz stats before the season he left for Pool. Then compare it to the year that he did. Not gonna tell you to look at highlights of Porto for those 3 years cause that's your team. He did well in first season but wasn't consistent enough in his second. He had his breakout and was much more consistent then left in that January window. Darwin had 2 seasons playing in portugal compared to Diaz's 3. Darwin struggled in his first and then made great strides in his second.

Terminate the contract and let Ronaldo be a free agent then.

Oh but you guys won’t tho….

You’re too scared he’ll join Chelsea. Score 30 goals. Win a trophy. And take the top 4 spot your owners love so much.
He signed a contract, no once forced a gun on him to :lol:

Why would the club would cancel the contract and pay him to play for someone else when he still has value, as much as clubs around Europe don't think so. That's crazy.

Inadvertently allowing that Chelsea scenario would be even stupider.

Nobody told him to try to undermine the new manager or the club this summer, that's on him for doing all that without assurances that there would be concrete offers for him outside of Saudi. Him and Mendes will just have to live with the situation they created. That's not on anyone else

Look at Diaz stats before the season he left for Pool. Then compare it to the year that he did. Not gonna tell you to look at highlights of Porto for those 3 years cause that's your team. He did well in first season but wasn't consistent enough in his second. He had his breakout and was much more consistent then left in that January window. Darwin had 2 seasons playing in portugal compared to Diaz's 3. Darwin struggled in his first and then made great strides in his second.

He was raw for maybe one season but the talent was there. I wasn’t worried about the stats. They’d come.

It’s like what I saw with Leão.

Why would the club would cancel the contract and pay him to play for someone else when he still has value, as much as clubs around Europe don't think so. That's crazy.

Nobody told him to try to undermine the new manager or the club this summer, that's on him for doing that without assurances that there would be offers outside of Saudi. Him and Mendes will just have to live with what they created.
Pundits and the media, former teammates pressed him into signing for United, (despite knowing that the club was in a state of despair) when they saw he was going to City. Ronaldo didn't know the club was ******. Then they bring in this new manager who's basically telling him to piss off and go sit on the bench. Disgrace with what y'all doing to a club legend.

Nobody told him to try to undermine the new manager or the club this summer, that's on him for doing that without assurances that there would be offers outside of Saudi. Him and Mendes will just have to live with the situation they created. That's not on anyone else

I get all that.

But if you guys hate him this much there is absolutely a world where Mendes and United can sit down and terminate the contract to let Ronaldo be a free agent.

Ronaldo would give the money up, you guys don’t have to pay for anything. It’ll save you paying his extraordinary contract this year.

The flames ruin this masterpiece.

Somebody please get Messi cloths that fit him. Jesus Christ.

You wilding fam. Without the flames, it would look like an Anderlecht kit :lol:. Not everyone liked their bape camo kits until they won the copa.

He was raw for maybe one season but the talent was there. I wasn’t worried about the stats. They’d come.

It’s like what I saw with Leão.
He had 3 more goals in his first season. 2nd season he regressed. 3rd season(which wasn't full) he went off and left in the January window.

Pundits and the media, former teammates pressed him into signing for United, (despite knowing that the club was in a state of despair) when they saw he was going to City. Ronaldo didn't know the club was ****ed. Then they bring in this new manager who's basically telling him to piss off and go sit on the bench. Disgrace with what y'all doing to a club legend.
That's on him if he didn't realize what everyone in football knows, that the club was a mess.

He's a grown man who still made a decision, peer pressure should have no bearing on a 36 year old man :lol:

The reality is he thought it would be good for his brand a romantic return/homecoming and it definitely was as the beginning.

With how things played out on the pitch he could've made it known before the season ended of his plan, it didn't take until the final match to know they wouldn't qualify for CL football.

He waited until the summer window had already began and domino's already fell to make it known. The timing couldn't have been worse and the fact it was done with zero concrete offers on the table isn't anyone's fault, especially not the club.

The manager wanted to integrate him when he joined but he decided to skip preseason and showed up on his own time. It's been reported recently though that he's more than willing to part ways after all his cryptic **** on socials when the season started, no coincidence he hasnt started a match since, but there's literally been nothing offered outside of Saudi Arabia. Why would they let an asset go for nothing, actually paying to lose it, when they still have a binding contract?

You guys wouldn't do the same for Salah, Mane, VVD or anyone of value to the club. You'd try to get whatever value you can like any club, It's pie in the sky **** to act otherwise

That's on him if he didn't realize what everyone in football knows, that the club was a mess.

He's a grown man who still made a decision, peer pressure should have no bearing on a 36 year old man :lol:

The reality is he thought it would be good for his brand a romantic return/homecoming and it definitely was as the beginning.

With how things played out on the pitch he could've made it known before the season ended of his plan, it didn't take until the final match to know they wouldn't qualify for CL football.

He waited until the summer window had already began and domino's already fell to make it known. The timing couldn't have been worse and the fact it was done with zero concrete offers on the table isn't anyone's fault, especially not the club.

The managers been reported to be more than willing to part ways but there's literally been nothing offered outside of Saudi Arabia. Why would they let an asset go for nothing, actually paying to lose it, when they still have a binding contract?

You guys wouldn't do the same for Salah, Mane, VVD or anyone of value to the club. You'd try to get whatever value you can like any club, It's pie in the sky **** to act otherwise
Salah, Mane and VVD were never in the predicament that Ronaldo is in. And that's purgatory.

Salah, Mane and VVD were never in the predicament that Ronaldo is in. And that's purgatory.
Nobody forced him to sign up for it, he decided to at the end of the day. Not any ex-player or pundit. If he took his decision based on outside noise then that's also on him.

It shouldn't be on the club or anyone else to accommodate him if he wants to turn back on what he agreed and signed up for when he's being compensated handsomely and has gotten treatment from the club that no else would be able to.

He didn't get fined once during his preseason boycott while his agent whored him out around Europe like other players would. The manager was willing to integrate him in the team if he wanted to be around and has been willing to let him go after knowing that he doesn't. It's on every other club in Europe and how little they actually value him that he hasn't been able to leave yet. No one else...

Pundits and the media, former teammates pressed him into signing for United, (despite knowing that the club was in a state of despair) when they saw he was going to City. Ronaldo didn't know the club was ****ed. Then they bring in this new manager who's basically telling him to piss off and go sit on the bench. Disgrace with what y'all doing to a club legend.
Lmfaoooo nice try… maybe he didn’t know the position United was in but his agent sure af did. He should be upset with mendes not advising him better. No way in hell we should be paying him off, or any wages on a loan deal. If he wanted to leave so bad and valued ucl so much why not lower your wages for a year to allow the move. Surely he’s made enough in his life.

United has done so much wrong.. but mistreating Ronaldo is not one of them. Mind you he’s the highest paid player in the epl.. sitting on a bench. Liverpool wouldn’t be in this situation with their stars because they wouldn’t have signed him to begin with.

Dudes like to preach accountability for everyone but their favs :lol::smh:

Then it's all 'woe is me' 'I'm a victim' **** >D

All for the same dude who called himself a slave when the club didn't want to lose him coming off a Ballon D'Or season...it's rich

Back
Top Bottom