OFFICIAL FOOTY THREAD ⚽️: Spain wins 2024 Euro Cup and Argentina wins the Copa America

200w.gif

which explains why they won't sell to Qatar.

Pops used to go with his boys to the Parc throughout the 70's/80s. Back when tickets were like 4 or 8 Francs or something and the club was brand new.

It really was a club for immigrants, built by immigrants. With the some of the most diverse crowds.

While the French ol' boys were too busy skiing and playing rugby - snubbing their nose at Football and the fans.

I took my father in law to the parc when Zlatan was still there.. we ended up in the Boulogne stand with the ultras.. which made for a VERY entertaining 0-0 game

PSG gets a bad wrap because of the Qatari takeover and the "Oil-Club" jokes....

But those fans and that atmosphere is so underestimated. That’s all the immigrants in Paris had and could call theirs.

Thats why it never shocked me that Mbappe stayed way longer at PSG than he should have.

He knows how important PSG is to his city. How important a CL would have meant to them.

Last edited:
You want to know when this all started with Nike leaving Football?

Porto 2014.

We were one of the first teams to have Nike kits. Ever since then, they've gradually been losing clubs. United, Juve, etc.

SF (and Oakland for that matter) was at its peak around 2014-2016 then started getting worse and worse with increasing tech bro and fiend presence. Your daily interactions these days are about limited to which failing startup you work for or someone screaming in the middle of the street with his pants down.

People love to talk about “Fox News exaggerating” but as someone who grew up in the city, I can tell you that while overall number of crimes was higher back in the day, you knew which blocks and districts to avoid. There were always homeless people, but most of them weren’t aggressive,violent, and widespread like they are today.

I moved to SJ with my family in high school and moved back to the city after college. I moved out to the South Bay/Peninsula around 2016 as soon as I noticed the griminess spreading throughout previously “nice” parts of the city. I still worked in the Mission/SOMA/Union Square until 2020, and the best part of my day M-F was getting the hell out of the city and coming back home to pristine neighborhood with fresh air, zero filth on the streets, zero fiends screaming or taking a @$@$ outside of my home.

People who still like SF are just strange to me. Sure, you’re not going to die or anything, and it’s still better than cities like Baltimore, Philly, etc. , but I feel like they haven’t experienced staying in any other expensive city on earth to see the difference in quality of life.

Short story: still like going back home to the Bay Area, (other than the cost, its still one of the nicest metro areas of the country with great weather and access to nature), still support my Bay Area teams, hate going anywhere in the actual cities of SF/Oakland in 2024

You cooked here.

I have a friend from college who ended up moving to San Fran for a start up.

He’s currently living in a tent somewhere in SF, staying at homeless shelters. I couldn’t believe it, I feel so bad for him because he really is a smart dude.

Mind you his father is a millionaire btw. Nuts man :lol:

You cooked here.

I have a friend from college who ended up moving to San Fran for a start up.

He’s currently living in a tent somewhere in SF, staying at homeless shelters. I couldn’t believe it, I feel so bad for him because he really is a smart dude.

Mind you his father is a millionaire btw. Nuts man :lol:
Met a dude who legit lives in a white van in the Presidio(nice area). He knows the good overnight parking spots. Showers and such at the gym. Works in big tech.

Fast forward a year I got to a comedy show in SF and headliner opens up with” how’s it going San Fran? Yall doing okay? Cot damn you gotta make 100k just to be homeless out here”

Cold world

Met a dude who legit lives in a white van in the Presidio(nice area). He knows the good overnight parking spots. Showers and such at the gym. Works in big tech.

Fast forward a year I got to a comedy show in SF and headliner opens up with” how’s it going San Fran? Yall doing okay? Cot damn you gotta make 100k just to be homeless out here”

Cold world

Want to know the crazier thing?

On top of my boys Dad being a rich Financial Analyst, his father is also one of the best/famous poker players in the world.

I catch him on TV sometimes betting pots that would be able to buy my boy an apartment at least :smh:

His pops just abandoned him, sad man.

Nike really don’t give AF about Football anymore…

Damn.
AT ALL. I was at the employee store over the weekend and their entire footy collection there is relegated to about 4 stands of kits/tshirts, and only PSG, Club America or a weird collaboration I didn't even bother to look at. This is the global HQ of Nike, who can't even be assed to put up a stand of Portland Thorns kits. The literal hometown team of the NWSL which is the league that Nike themselves sponsor.

Was at the store right after the last world cup too. Couldn't find a single France kit and that was the sole reason I was there. Their ******* flagship team in the world's biggest stage, and they can't put up a single replica kit in a city that's crazy about the sport.

Nike is so shamless :smh:

And their shoe selection at the ES is ******* *** too.

Back
Top Bottom