OFFICIAL FOOTY THREAD ⚽️: Spain wins 2024 Euro Cup and Argentina wins the Copa America

Who wins the Euros?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Is Bayern going to resign Davies or is he gone?
As of right now he's gonna get to free agency next summer, and I assume on Jan 1st, RM will send him a contract offer, he could still move later this summer. When this rumor came up years ago, I didn't think Bayern would mismanage Davies to this extent.

3 of the 4 managers in the Copa America semis are from Argentina. Would’ve been 4/4 if Venezuela had advanced. If Brazil is serious about winning again, they need to swallow their pride and hire a tactician from Argentina. A few of the big clubs in Brazil have Argentine managers already.
My Argentina hoodie is the only one that won’t go back to Fanatics. I didn’t realize I was from Argentina until the shootout with France.

I was 😃 from 👂 to 👂 when I handed the hoodies to the USPS worker. They asked the value of the contents and I told them $0
Yo back in the day I used to ship shoes via USPS media mail cuz it was dirt cheap then I got caught and mfs mailed the shoes right back to me :lol:

3 of the 4 managers in the Copa America semis are from Argentina. Would’ve been 4/4 if Venezuela had advanced. If Brazil is serious about winning again, they need to swallow their pride and hire a tactician from Argentina. A few of the big clubs in Brazil have Argentine managers already.

The Portuguese managers took over Brazil too the last couple years. It’s insane just how well they’ve done over there.

So many Brazilians want Abel from Palmeiras to manage the team.

This tournament is Spain’s to win. On paper France is the better team but it’s Deschamps style of play. They look like they are stuck in 1st gear at times
and araujo was out the whole game. ^
he shouldn’t have been out there. south america is a different beast for a kid especially in the middle of the park.

we’ve seen 9’s all summer long be terrible.
lukaku, ronaldo, the european guy that should’ve put portugal away in the first round, havertz, mbappe, morata, endrick, and not sure about kane but he’s not scoring.
honestly think the tourneys have been so underwhelming cause everyone is gassed.
Both tournaments have been weak. The amount of games they have to play is ridiculous, it’s getting out of hand. It’s not fair to the players and fans

bring this back for shootouts and keep the current penalty system for in game pens. had no idea cruyff liked this system and said Europe should try it

The Portuguese managers took over Brazil too the last couple years. It’s insane just how well they’ve done over there.

So many Brazilians want Abel from Palmeiras to manage the team.

Also, I was obviously trolling. Brazil would never hire an Argentine coach. I could definitely see them hiring a European coach though. They were flirting with Ancelotti recently.

Hope there's a sell-on clause in the deal, think he'll cook under De Zerbi there

Realistic transfer fees back at United??

he plays on the wing isolated. you don’t know footy.
it’s not the same for a 9 or 10.

what bigger match has endrick played in?
Exactly, he’d get bodied the same as Endryck did in a similar role against the physicality of this Uruguay side.

And forgive me for not “knowing” footy. I forgot this is your burner account, Pep.

🤡

What a joke.
Expect a lot of yellow cards, he gives out the highest amount pretty much every season in the Bundesliga.

I've mentioned Zwayer's background story before during these Euros but in case anyone needs a reminder:
Felix Zwayer accepted bribes to fix matches for €300. Let that sink in. Bribery and matchfixing for pocket change.
There was a much more corrupt referee organizing the matchfixing, and Zwayer became a key witness in the investigation and effectively avoided permanent accountability and consequences by fully cooperating against the main guy at the top.

Idk about others but I think accepting bribes for pocket change money is arguably more corrupt than doing so for actual substantial amounts. If he was willing to do it for pocket change and only escaped accountability by snitching, why should he ever be trusted in an environment where the money would be massive?

Back
Top Bottom