OFFICIAL FOOTY THREAD ⚽️: Spain wins 2024 Euro Cup and Argentina wins the Copa America

Who wins the Euros?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
What a joke.
Expect a lot of yellow cards, he gives out the highest amount pretty much every season in the Bundesliga.

I've mentioned Zwayer's background story before during these Euros but in case anyone needs a reminder:
Felix Zwayer accepted bribes to fix matches for €300. Let that sink in. Bribery and matchfixing for pocket change.
There was a much more corrupt referee organizing the matchfixing, and Zwayer became a key witness in the investigation and effectively avoided permanent accountability and consequences by fully cooperating against the main guy at the top.

Idk about others but I think accepting bribes for pocket change money is arguably more corrupt than doing so for actual substantial amounts. If he was willing to do it for pocket change and only escaped accountability by snitching, why should he ever be trusted in an environment where the money would be massive?
Looks like common sense may still win the day.

A penalty is a 0.79 xG, just deal with the fact it’s probably gonna turn out to be a goal.
Those pundits complaining incessantly about those run ups ironically doesn’t sound much like a ‘real man’ to me.

Is there even longer term statistical evidence the stutter runs are more successful?

I might be wrong, but I feel like Neymar made the slow run up/stutter popular. He seemed to actually be good at it though. Didn’t he also have some type of fake kick that got banned?

Anyway, whenever I see these stutter step penalties, I can tell they’re most likely going to be saved. Even when they do go in, they seem to barely go. Why even risk it? If you put enough power and pace through your kick, even if the keeper guesses right, he might not be quick or strong enough to save it.

I might be wrong, but I feel like Neymar made the slow run up/stutter popular. He seemed to actually be good at it though. Didn’t he also have some type of fake kick that got banned?

Anyway, whenever I see these stutter step penalties, I can tell they’re most likely going to be saved. Even when they do go in, they seem to barely go. Why even risk it? If you put enough power and pace through your kick, even if the keeper guesses right, he might not be quick or strong enough to save it.

Pretty sure Brazilians have been doing since long before Neymar. Some guys used run up and make a complete stop to force the keeper to dive, then kick it into the empty net. That got banned a while ago.

rolaholic rolaholic why are y'all signing de ligt and branthwaite when you have lisandro too?

Like degenerate423 degenerate423 mentioned, Lisandro has had his share of injuries since joining, he missed most of last season so more depth is always a must.

Also lost Varane, Evans is out of contract currently and from reports INEOS are more than willing to sell Maguire as soon as a good offer comes so the talk at the start of the window was always around adding 2 CB's.

It's why the club has also been linked to Todibo, Yoro, Chalobah, Bremer, Adarabaiyo before he joined Chelsea and Guehi this summer.

Would rather avoid buying from PL clubs though myself, the tax isn't worth it.

Getting Ugarte is a nice move, idk about Zirkzee and MDL, and finally moving off some of those RWs seems sensible.
if they can get a 65M rated MDL for 45M like its being reported ill take it for sure but they gotta start selling off the trash players before bringing people in

theyre being linked with that turkish LB today too he should be rather cheap so sign me up lol im sick of them splashing the cash on MID players i dont really wanna see this club spend 40M+ on a player for the next year or 2 honestly

My guy :pimp: :pimp:, prototypical poacher/fox in the box 9 and one of the best finishers I've seen to this day.

Really hope he can help level up these forwards this season, finishing was awful last year :smh:

:lol: :smh:

Really? For all their success, Palmeiras doesn’t really play a style of football that Brazilians typically want from their national team.

Yea, that’s what the critics say. “It wouldn’t be a good fit”.

But some Brazuks are like “**** style, we’re beyond that now”

Idk. We’ll see.

Back
Top Bottom