OFFICIAL FOOTY THREAD ⚽️: Spain wins 2024 Euro Cup and Argentina wins the Copa America

Who wins the Euros?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Hutchinson moving to Ipswich is a good look. I may not be a fan of it but Chelsea does one hell of a job acquiring youth players and flipping. Had a good loan, will get some good minutes. I know fans were feeling a type of way when he left Arsenal. Cozier-Duberry going to Brighton, should and hopefully gets playing time. Walter’s at Luton. Not sure what’s gonna happen with Obi-Martin. But people forget how hard it is to break into the first team. Especially when you’re competing for the league and or other trophies, giving minutes to academy players is tough. But at the same time, if the team is up 4-0, you could give them a few minutes. I noticed on Twitter, fans were complaining about the state of the academy and Arteta not breaking them into the squad

Lokonga going to Sevilla. ESR looks like he is going to leave. El Neny left. Partey is a question mark plus he’s not getting any younger, nor is Jorginho. Vieira didn’t have a good season, injuries and ****. Midfield might be looking kind of thin

Onana to Villa.

Really wanted him at United, thought he would shore up a lot of our midfield issues and slot in well next to Kobbie.

Villa have great recruitment.

Brazilians always say “oh we didn’t care about that” when they’re behind on Argentina on anything. They used to say the same about their clubs in the Copa Libertadores.

Bro hate to take the side of Brazilians here but they really didn’t care about Copa growing up. It wasn’t that serious to them.

I don’t think they’re lying here.

It’s obviously changed a bit the last decade but it was always World Cups for Brazilians.

Bro hate to take the side of Brazilians here but they really didn’t care about Copa growing up. It wasn’t that serious to them.

I don’t think they’re lying here.

It’s obviously changed a bit the last decade but it was always World Cups for Brazilians.

World Cup is always top priority. They aren’t alone in that. They used to say the same about the Copa Libertadores too. When they win, it’s because they’re the best. When they lose, it’s because they weren’t trying :rolleyes

brazil should probably focus on copa america more cause they are terrible and wont be winning any world cups anytime soon
not unless neymar gets new legs.
the new school looking so bummy they made ronaldinho and ronaldo stop watching footy

World Cup is always top priority. They aren’t alone in that. They used to say the same about the Copa Libertadores too. When they win, it’s because they’re the best. When they lose, it’s because they weren’t trying :rolleyes

Look man I’m just telling you from my experience. Growing up with a multitude of Brazilians. It was an afterthought to them and their parents.

It’s absolutely changed tho. Which is good.

But that post had a point.

Lamine Yamal is the most exciting football prospect since Neymar. But he hasn’t been pumped with Bane venom like a young Messi, and Barca/Spain have had an abysmal track record of keeping players healthy. Even tho he’s the opps, he’s a gift to the game and I hope he stays healthy.

Not sure who to root for tomorrow. I don’t want to bring geopolitics into here too much but Spain have been more on the right side of a certain issue as of late, but Jude is RM’s guy. So I’m planning to watch as a neutral, and just hope there’s no reffing/VAR ****ery.

Look man I’m just telling you from my experience. Growing up with a multitude of Brazilians. It was an afterthought to them and their parents.

It’s absolutely changed tho. Which is good.

But that post had a point.

That tweet is referencing the stone ages when Pele played. They’ve won 6 Copa Americas since 1989, which is presumably your lifetime. They’ve definitely cared the last 30 years at least. Sounds like your friends are just casuals who only tune in for the world cup.

That tweet is referencing the stone ages when Pele played. They’ve won 6 Copa Americas since 1989, which is presumably your lifetime. They’ve definitely cared the last 30 years at least. Sounds like your friends are just casuals who only tune in for the world cup.

Because that’s how good the Brazilians were then. But the Brazilians didn’t care about those Copas like that.

Calling them casuals is crazy. I saw these boys cry recently with their club teams winning the titles as of late. :lol:

Copa was like what the Gold Cup is now in America. Just an event to prepare for the World Cup.

But it’s changed, which is good. It’s became more meaningful.

Back
Top Bottom