OFFICIAL FOOTY THREAD ⚽️: Spain wins 2024 Euro Cup and Argentina wins the Copa America

Who wins the Euros?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Cucurella news came outta nowhere.

I’m not getting invested though. Barca probably gonna pull another lever.

What about….

FOWARDS/STRIKERS?
We brought in Sterling and we all saw what happened with Raphinha. That would have been enough for me.

Since the Raphinha move fell through… we should be targeting another forward. But there haven’t been any real links. But I’d rather not force it if the ideal targets aren’t available.

It’s funny watching Flo basically invent a new way of generating income in the footy world with his convertible stadium to be able to lease it to a company and split the revenue 70-30 (70 for RM) for the non-footy events it hosts, vs Barca doing these deals.

In the end Laporta will get the credit as president, but he won’t get the blame when the benefits of this temporary fix go away.

Oh and then seeing their La Masia product coach betray their “values” and keep urging the club to buy-buy-buy just because he’s the coach at the expensive of their long term security is interesting. They’ve sold off 25% of their TV rights :sick:. “Over 25 years, that would equate to just over €1 billion on their initial investment of €527.5m.” So essentially Barca will lose about 500m over the 25 year course of their tv rights deal.

If Barca don’t at least win La Liga this will all be looked at as a huge failure.

Last edited:
Think another wild part is Laporta not using any of the money raised to pay off debts. It’s just all going to being immediately dumped into transfers because that’s the sexy stuff. And still having the audacity to get players to take paycuts just to bring in new guys to take their minutes 🤣

I think in RM we’ve seen the benefits of having a socio-owned club with no real owner, vs in Barca the danger of having a club without an owner. That people can just go in, **** things up and get cheered for it (like Bart in his early tenure,) and leave without dealing with the consequences of short-sighted moves.

I think in RM we’ve seen the benefits of having a socio-owned club with no real owner, vs in Barca the danger of having a club without an owner. That people can just go in, **** things up and get cheered for it (like Bart in his early tenure,) and leave without dealing with the consequences of short-sighted moves.

Real Madrid isn’t like other socio-owned clubs because Fiorentino rewrote the club constitution to make it extremely taxing to try and mount a challenge and run against him. He’s become a strongman dictator who effectively acts as the club’s owner.

I like Cucurella but $50M....i mean....and you can get Dumfries for less??

Or just make due until you can drop a bag on Reese James

Real Madrid isn’t like other socio-owned clubs because Fiorentino rewrote the club constitution to make it extremely taxing to try and mount a challenge and run against him. He’s become a strongman dictator who effectively acts as the club’s owner.

Can you explain more? It’s definitely difficult but it seems to be some understandable gatekeeping by making sure that whoever is president can pay off money lost if they wind up in that position. Iirc the amount of time spent as being a socio along with there no longer being new socios added makes things complicated to run against him though. But you also avoid the situation of outsiders running the show.

But there are always people looking to challenge. They just don’t though because it’s never the right time since he’s always winning titles and signing stars. Definitely in that first year post threepeat/CR7 there were a lot of sharks smelling blood and ready to mount a challenge, but then RM won La Liga just one year later.

So Oscar’s been in China making bank every week this whole time? Or didn’t that stop?

I know this fool is out googling nightclubs and restaurants and checking interactions on their players’ socials before he winds up saying no.

RM need to offer a player+cash swap to Espanyol for RDT since Barcelona is a city that might be worthy of the esteemed Mariano

Can you explain more? It’s definitely difficult but it seems to be some understandable gatekeeping by making sure that whoever is president can pay off money lost if they wind up in that position. Iirc the amount of time spent as being a socio along with there no longer being new socios added makes things complicated to run against him though. But you also avoid the situation of outsiders running the show.

But there are always people looking to challenge. They just don’t though because it’s never the right time since he’s always winning titles and signing stars. Definitely in that first year post threepeat/CR7 there were a lot of sharks smelling blood and ready to mount a challenge, but then RM won La Liga just one year later.

You basically covered it. Any candidate would have to put up hundreds of millions in collateral. No new socios also makes it difficult.

Add that to his tremendous success and yeah he’s your president as long as he wants to be :lol:

The Chinese super league idea came and went. Oscar is really the only big name that still remains. Politics really. There’s a video on it somewhere.

Back
Top Bottom