OFFICIAL GAME OF THRONES THREAD | HOUSE OF THE DRAGON Premieres 8.21.22 | OFFICIAL TRAILER REVEALED

Who ends up sitting on the Iron Throne?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I've been wondering about all the possible marriages.

Jon, Sansa, Dany, Tyrion, Olenna, Lyanna (when she's old enough), Arya (work she's old enough), Pod, Brienne, Tormund, and Littlefinger are all single and ready to mingle.

Best thing would be to put them all in a house like The Real World with cameras in every room and see what happens.
The most likely would be Jon and Lyanna( once she's older of course). That would unite houses in the north etc. And Jon and Dany seems like a bit of a longshot

Again, Women & Children flourishing are the main theme of Game of Thrones.

When the Maester in the Citadel says..."no women and children aloud"....its confirmation of the series intention. Never underestimate women and children. Which the "great men" continuously do. Robert was killed by his wife. Ned by Cersei. Arya got bodies. Joffrey by Olenna. Brienne defeated the hound. Sansa killed Ramsay. And Cersei wiping out the Faith and High Septon.

Robert wasn't killed by his wife. Jon was killed by his wife. 
Lyanna started this damn stark curse. Dunno if it would've prevented all this trouble and death but maybe leaving a note saying she didn't want that brute robert baratheon and she was going to be with that harp playing pretty boy rhaegar would've caused less problems.

Lyanna was already promised to Robert. She probably couldn't choose, so maybe running away with Rhaegar was a good idea at the time. 

Yea speaking of the iron throne being weak........Cersei and the Lannisters have no allies and everyone hates them......Dany bout to wash them sooooo hard :x
Pretty much. The only hope is if Jon and the north feel like Dany may be encroaching upon them, then I could see an uneasy alliance between Lannister and Stark. But Dany would be smart to just marry Jon so that wouldn't be an issue

I can imagine bran arriving the day after their wedding night and wondering if he should tell Jon he just entered that incest world.
Eh that's not totally out of the norm for royalty. Especially the targaryans.

Yeah but you think Jon would be into that? He considers himself a stark. A tradition for the targs but other people besides jaime / cersei and caster probably think it's gross.

Last edited:
Nah i'm cool on son getting yambs over at this auntie house (yeeeeeahhh). Winter is finally hair though, not just cumin.

The most likely would be Jon and Lyanna( once she's older of course). That would unite houses in the north etc. And Jon and Dany seems like a bit of a longshot
the houses in the north is already united. Lyanna already professed that House Mormont's forever loyal to the Starks and the king of the north. 

Last edited:
Man I'm still speechless from last night. I didn't think they could top episode 9 but they did. I damn near want to leave work early just to watch it again :lol:

Not sure where the season ranks but it's at least in the top 3 for me. I haven't gone back and rewatched in a while.

Somebody at work brought up an interesting point. Was Cersei trying to protect Tommen by keeping him there or did she want him to watch because she was done with him too? She didn't seem shaken by his death at all. Completely cold.

the houses in the north is already united. Lyanna already professed that House Mormont's forever loyal to the Starks and the king of the north. 
United was the wrong word, I mean strengthen ties even more. Like Jon can't marry a southerner or Dany. He would have to marry a northerner

Not sure if it's been discussed, but the only thing i didn't like about this episode (besides varys teleporting) was the weird timing between Jaime and Arya. They set it up like Jaime was going to do something sinister, but really he just leaves.

Otherwise it was an amazing 69 minutes.

The wildfire, Ceesei giving no damns, and the timing and music was perfect.

Cersei's speech to shame girl about doing things because they feel good was great too. And will be her undoing soon enough.

Jon becoming king of the north :pimp:

Finally confirming Jon's Targ blood and Ned's purity :pimp:

And Tyrion's speech to Dany was great. He really is the most mature person in the whole show.

Somebody at work brought up an interesting point. Was Cersei trying to protect Tommen by keeping him there or did she want him to watch because she was done with him too? She didn't seem shaken by his death at all. Completely cold.
I'm pretty sure she wanted to protect him. He's still her only child, or was. But because things had gone cold between them she wasn't there standing next to him and he didn't have any urge to turn to her for comfort.

Last edited:
I'm glad they found a way to incorporate Frey pies. I was hoping for Davos' "Vengeance" speech. Maybe they'll do it next season. S6 > S5 officially.

Man I'm still speechless from last night. I didn't think they could top episode 9 but they did. I damn near want to leave work early just to watch it again :lol:

Not sure where the season ranks but it's at least in the top 3 for me. I haven't gone back and rewatched in a while.

No she was protecting him because he would've went there also. But at that point she was probably like, "this kid is weak and can't do what I say. Whatever "

I don't think she expected him to kill himself but what more can she do. Her and Jaime need to start a new litter and hopefully they aren't dumb or crazy

Last edited:
Cersei the GOAT 
sick.gif
pimp.gif

I wonder what would've happened if Bronn tried to smash the wine girl. He probably would've put a dagger in her skull before she finished talking.

Didn't Varys leave long before Dany left Vaes Dothrak? how are ya'll making it seem like his trip to Dorne's duration was outrageous?

Cersei definitely won the battle..but will lose the war :lol:

She was a badass yesterday I give her her props...that all black looking like Tywin to the silver shoulder pads ..to the shame shame shame right byke at that big *** :pimp: she was on point last night. But Jamie gonna take her out

Also..she was trying to protect Tommen by keeping him there

Last edited:
She was definitely protecting him. No matter where he was, he would of either seen or heard the explosion. She definitely wanted him as far away as possible.

I think her coldness stems from the fact that the Curse has been coming into fruition and in order for her to survive, she has to take control of everything. According to Maggy The Frog's curse, first all of Cersei's children will die and Cersei herself will die. She has to be ruthless if she's to have any chance of living.

Last edited:
Didn't Varys leave long before Dany left Vaes Dothrak? how are ya'll making it seem like his trip to Dorne's duration was outrageous?
It was his trip from Dorne back to Mereene dude.

He went from being in Dorne in the middle of the episode to standing next to Danny on the ship to Westeros.

Last edited:

Like someone else said, we have to assume the events unfolded in a different order than was shown.

Cersei destroys King's Landing happens before Varys showed up at Olenna's. Then Varys made it back to Dany's fleet for the final scene.

So it makes sense as long as we assume this is not happening in linear time. There's probably some time that passed for Dany to prepare to sail, and probably also some time that passed after the wildfire before Cersei becomes queen (and enough time for Jaime to arrive back home). It just seemed weird to see Varys creepily appear in every other scene.

Last edited:
So who is Dany going to marry?

Is there another dragon inside the Wall?

Will Bran be the savior of the Great War?

And to add to the Cersei/Tom discussion, remember that she already knew all of her children would die. I wouldn't be surprised if she was ready for this to happen, knowing her son and his fragile self. It sure looked like she was prepared.

Furthermore, even though damn near everyone of importance is dead, it'd be a bad look having orchestrated this plan with the King in harm's way.

Where arya get that face from? She took one from the temple or you think she actually had to kill that girl at the freys then take her face?

Cersei's outfit was so sharp last night :smokin, even though I want her to die in the most excruciating fashion she is the villain this show deserves. So much is set up for next season it's gonna balls to the wall and we didn't even get the Wightwalkers this episode. I'm hoping for some kinda backstory on them from Sam's studying at the citadel but it's gonna be weird since they don't even talk.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom