OFFICIAL GAME OF THRONES THREAD | HOUSE OF THE DRAGON Premieres 8.21.22 | OFFICIAL TRAILER REVEALED

Who ends up sitting on the Iron Throne?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
It took me a few days but I finally caught up in this thread after the finale 
laugh.gif

Gotta feel for the people of KL for the time before Dany arrives,totally unhinged Cersei's gonna be pulling some heinous stuff that would probably make the Mad King blush now that all her kids are dead
sick.gif
I just realized we might get an all-Sarah Connor showdown. 
nerd.gif

Sarah Connor to me is the OG, had me thinking when was she cast on the show :lol:

If Lena was ever Sarah I never saw that movie/show.

Ok can some one quote or explain quickly to me the Jons mom thing and its implications. Like because His mom is like Targerian and his dad is Stark he may have a claim to the throne?? or something? I know its prob been discussed im reading through the thread trying to find it.

Also can some one explain the sides that are now set up?

Like North = Jon and Salsa and Little Finger (maybe?? he wants the throne for himself so maybe not) i know im missing all the dudes that said "king of the north" in the finale but all them too
Dragons - Khalessi and Tyrion and them ships and them dragons and Mereen? like i know the bald dude with no junk went there but i don't know if he got them to help Danny or not. If he did then the Queen of Thorns is on their side too so they have the Tyrells too?
Lannisters = Basically Cersi and Jamie at this point and the Mountain (the freys too i guess)
Dead people = White walkers

then like out liars like bran muffins lazy self

Jon being targ means

a) Ned was 100% honorable
b) Jon is not as much of a bastard (although being crowned king of the north took care of that, at least in eyes of the north)
c) yes, he now has a claim to the throne and can unite targs and starks
d) genetically being targ may give him some special powers (like withstanding fire)

a major theme through all 6 seasons has been the difference between high born kids and bastards and how that changes how people perceive you. Jon being the merger of arguably the 2 strongest bloodlines (are there any others?) is a big deal. on top of that, he's proven himself over and over as a bastard. imagine what he can do now when he can rattle off titles like what dany does...

You have backwards. Lyanna Stark was Ned sister and she was kidnapped ( or ran away with) Rhaegar the prince and some of Mad King. Jon would be the only male air to the throne before it was usurped by Rob during Roberts rebellion. Dany still got a claim since she is related to Rhaeger as his sister and not a bastard.

Dany has three dragons, Varys, Dorne, Tyrell, 100,000 dorthraki, unsullied and PIMP Tyrion

Jon is king of the north with Sansa, the free folk pm the vale and little finger running some game but for now with the north

Cersei punk *** got the Mountian and maybe Jamie, but he may see the light and kill this girl at some point

Jon being targ means

b) Jon is not as much of a bastard (although being crowned king of the north took care of that, at least in eyes of the north)
d) genetically being targ may give him some special powers (like withstanding fire)

a major theme through all 6 seasons has been the difference between high born kids and bastards and how that changes how people perceive you. Jon being the merger of arguably the 2 strongest bloodlines (are there any others?) is a big deal. on top of that, he's proven himself over and over as a bastard. imagine what he can do now when he can rattle off titles like what dany does...
Fixed.

Targs are not immune to fire on the show or books.

Danny is but not Jon or her brother Viserys....or any other Targ that has lived.

Jon being targ means

Fixed.
Danny is but not Jon or her brother Viserys....or any other Targ that has lived.
To be fair, the show runners can put whatever they want in the show so while it's not cannon for the books, it's up in the air for the show

Jon burned his hand in the first or second season and viserys got his face melted with that gold. He did write "may" though. I don't remember any special powers besides a few being ok with heat like dany is.

Jon being targ means

Fixed.

Danny is but not Jon or her brother Viserys....or any other Targ that has lived
To be fair, the show runners can put whatever they want in the show so while it's not cannon for the books, it's up in the air for the show
Like @shogun  said Jon burned his hand in season 1 and Viserys died by getting molten gold poured on his head. Making Jon immune to fire all of a sudden would be kinda ridiculous. 

Jon burned his hand in the first or second season and viserys got his face melted with that gold. He did write "may" though. I don't remember any special powers besides a few being ok with heat like dany is.
Jon had to die before he could get his powers. boom. Done

[QUOTE name="whywesteppin" url="[URL]http://niketalk.com/t/526952/official-game-of-thrones-thread-season-6-done-season-7-in-2017/27660#post_26114500[/URL]"]
Jon being targ means

Fixed.
Danny is but not Jon or her brother Viserys....or any other Targ that has lived

Like @shogun
 said Jon burned his hand in season 1 and Viserys died by getting molten gold poured on his head. Making Jon immune to fire all of a sudden would be kinda ridiculous. 
[/quote]I mean let's not act like ridiculous stuff isn't already in GoT

Last edited:
Jon had to die before he could get his powers. boom. Done
Power? You mean Azor Ahai powers? If that's the case, that has nothing to do with being a Targaryen. The prophecy doesn't say anything about being a Targ. 
 I mean let's not act like ridiculous stuff isn't already in GoT
What?
laugh.gif

I meant ridiculous as in bad story telling or writing. 

Last edited:
Instead of these red priest and priestesses endorsing people, R'hollor should give them more power and they should be fighting off these wights / white walkers. Melisandre got that shadow baby attack but it's limited.

A podcast was talking about how the maesters and Oldtown / The Citadel are going to play a major role. Basically thinking they're like the illuminati, some new world order that controls the world. Said that the maesters were the ones who figured out how to stop dragons which I forgot about.

Instead of these red priest and priestesses endorsing people, R'hollor should give them more power and they should be fighting off these wights / white walkers. Melisandre got that shadow baby attack but it's limited.

A podcast was talking about how the maesters and Oldtown / The Citadel are going to play a major role. Basically thinking they're like the illuminati, some new world order that controls the world. Said that the maesters were the ones who figured out how to stop dragons which I forgot about.
That would be pretty interesting. 

I thought the Iron Bank would be the illuminati since the crown owes them a lot of money and people seem to be afraid of them.

Since most of us are junkies and can't get enough of GOT

Would you guys be down to maybe rewatch the series as a group

Maybe watch an episode every Sunday or set a deadline to finish a certain amount of episodes?

Plus it would keep this thread alive

The Iron Bank has been made to sound scary from everybody but they've always been in the background. Would be funny if they start messing up stuff the last 2 seasons and show their power.

Since most of us are junkies and can't get enough of GOT

Would you guys be down to maybe rewatch the series as a group

Maybe watch an episode every Sunday or set a deadline to finish a certain amount of episodes?

Plus it would keep this thread alive
That could be pretty cool. Might have to double up a couple episodes in a week, but what if we set it up so that the last ep of season 6 is the week before the season 7 premier?

I've spent the past couple days watching clips from old episodes. It's great seeing all the foreshadowing.

Jon before he leaves to go to the Wall in Season 1 tells Bran: "I know we always talked about seeing the Wall together, but you'll be able to come visit me at Castle Black when you're better. I'll know my way around by then. I'll be a sworn brother of the Night's Watch. We can go out walking beyond the Wall, if you're not afraid."

frown.gif
you know what was a great foreshadowing that people seem to have missed?

Bran telling a story that Arya eventually turned into reality.

That could be pretty cool. Might have to double up a couple episodes in a week, but what if we set it up so that the last ep of season 6 is the week before the season 7 premier?

I am down if we have a decent amount of people

I want to rewatch the series anyways

Back
Top Bottom