OFFICIAL GAME OF THRONES THREAD | HOUSE OF THE DRAGON Premieres 8.21.22 | OFFICIAL TRAILER REVEALED

Who ends up sitting on the Iron Throne?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Am I? Or are you?

:lol: You still on the bull ****. I just called it out.

I don't know why in your mind it's impossible for someone to come to that conclusion from the episode preview.

I never read any spoilers and would never spoil it for anyone.

"Its easy to confuse what is for ought to be, especially when what is has worked out in your favor."

This is a show which has dragons, ice zombies and direwolves and still dropped a cold *** line about current society.

Dudes talking about the last season of the Wire like s5 of GoT hasn't already knocked it down a couple notches.

They both in the same boat to me.

BB doesn't have that problem.

Also don't know why yall making the distinction about whose plan it was. Jon didn't think it up, fine. Still stupid to go along with it. Not to mention he's only behind the Hound for doing dumb **** :lol: Its a joke to even call it a plan. It was an idea and notion. They literally had no plan on capturing a wight and bringing it back. They found a small group and then let that escalate to being surrounded by a good deal of the army.

This,the rest of the seasons are strong enough to get past that imo. There hasn't been a better written or executed show on all the complex subject matter and themes it explored since.

Def ahead of its time,it would've thrived in today's golden era of TV dramas
The attention to detail in The Wire was so good. The writers really gave you a glimpse into people's lives. Even small things like seeing Rawls in the gay bar was so amazing. Like, the whole show you had no idea he was gay, but you catch a glimpse of him in this bar and you're like "holy ****! Was that Rawls?" The show didn't even expand on it or try to make it an integral part of the plot (ala Power with the girl from the first season seeing Ghost on tv), it was literally there just to show you a part of his life you never would have known otherwise. Just to show how complex his character was.
I remember watching season three when they introduced Mike and crew and in one of the classroom scenes the camera pans around the class and there was a girl that look exactly like a younger Snoop and not thinking anything of it. Only to watch a later episode when Snoop is talking to Mike and Naymond telling her "hey your sister is in my class!" and telling my wife, oh ****, I bet you it was that little girl we saw earlier. Any other show would've played that up and made it known that they were related, but The Wire never did that. She was never even mentioned again. You either caught it or you didn't. Little things like that put the show in another league to me

the wire never pandered. the dialogue and characters were never trying to be anything more than what they were, if that makes sense. outside of maybe season 5, the plot was never spoon-fed. it was just allowed to unfold.

When did S5 of The Wire overtake S2 in terms of worst season? I remember everybody hating S2 the most. Personally I *** with every season of The Wire.

When did S5 of The Wire overtake S2 in terms of worst season? I remember everybody hating S2 the most. Personally I *** with every season of The Wire.
So do I. Season 2 was definitely slow coming off of season 1, but it was necessary. Season 5's plot was just kinda out there, but I still enjoyed it

SMH at whomever posted this last week (i forget if it was on here or twitter) right after the episode leaked.

Dammit. I been waiting to post that :smh: :lol:

giphy.gif

What, first few episodes of this season people were with joy.

Seeing euron coming through in the clutch. The chess played by cersei.

It wasn't until this episode and maybe the one before where people started to question the writing.
Yea it was going fast, but nothing to questionable. This one was wild with capturing a wight, Jon going yolo, NK not going after drogon. Only GOT can dip in quality in season 7 with WW and dragons being shown :lol:

Boardwalk Empire started off amazing..then meh then ended amazing
last season was trash.
just started killing off characters to tie up their stories.
show was the goods before they announced it was ending.

S2 of the wire is important in hindsight. I watched the wire after it finished but not sure I could've made it through s2 if I had to wait week by week for each episode

Jon was apparently supposed to have a farewell scene with Ghost when he was leaving to go meet Dany but it was cut. Not sure if the scene was supposed to be like the scene between Arya and Nymeria where we knew that we weren't going to see Nymeria again or if they plan on bringing Ghost back in a future scene.
Pretty sure we will see nymeria again in the future because otherwise they were better off saving the money and time not shooting that scene

First season is awful..cheesy and the acting is atrocious..the later seasons get a little bit better..and then..they were trying too hard

What type of trash *** opinion is this bruh? :smh:

You should be sent to the wall for calling The Sopranos trash. Easily top 3 all time with Breaking Bad and Thrones.

I dont care what the rest of y'all saying Ive still really enjoyed this season of GOT and its the undisputed GOAT to me. Nothing has ever grabbed me or intrigued me on a screen as much as the fictional world George RR and D&D created for us. The past 7 seasons have combined to provider viewers with cinematic moments rivaling blockbuster movies while at the same time having quality politics, dialogue, and drama that rivals any show ever created.

Again, its the GOAT don't @ me.

as for Salsa, she got married off to two of the worst villains in Westeros. was raped by one and humiliated repeatedly by the other before he was killed at their wedding.

I'm no woman, but i wouldn't be surprised if most women in the world would rather go through what Arya went through than what Salsa endured. and I'm not trying to downplay what Arya went through; both had it tough.

sometimes we're a little bit narrow-minded in here.
And she still messing with LF after all that.

Back
Top Bottom