OFFICIAL GAME OF THRONES THREAD | HOUSE OF THE DRAGON Premieres 8.21.22 | OFFICIAL TRAILER REVEALED

Who ends up sitting on the Iron Throne?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I will agree with this because I believe the show is whats holding up the books. Love the show but I read books before the show and have been waiting 7yrs for this damn Winds of Winter (which I believe is already finished)
If this isn't it
i_will_find_him_man_of_steel.gif

I read some article and they showed the season to some people from Entertainment Weekly or something like one of those shows and they all but spoiled what's going to happen for the season.

Will try to find the link and put it in a spoiler.

From what they stated doesn't seem like it's going to be some big grand Season 8 we were all hoping for.

I will agree with this because I believe the show is whats holding up the books. Love the show but I read books before the show and have been waiting 7yrs for this damn Winds of Winter (which I believe is already finished)
I don't think the show is holding the books up anymore. The show is even beyond Winds of Winter so if it was done I'm not sure why they wouldn't release it.
Someone here or on another board said something that I'm starting to believe is the case. GRRM might have simply lost his train of thought and is having trouble getting back to finishing the books... I mean there are a ton of characters and plot threads. I'm not a writer but I would image if you step away for even a year, it would be hard to pick back up let alone multiple years. I pray this isn't the case though.

I think winds is done and hes working on spring. I think what he wants is to have them both released with a year or 2 from each other and so yes he doesnt lose it.
He has other writers with him that know the books as well as his fans so i doubt its the case of him losing train of thought.

I think for season 8 theyre going to leave it a bit ambiguous so it has to tie in with the prequel show. Like a huge flash back. (Im spit balling on this)

I don't think the show is holding the books up anymore. The show is even beyond Winds of Winter so if it was done I'm not sure why they wouldn't release it.
Someone here or on another board said something that I'm starting to believe is the case. GRRM might have simply lost his train of thought and is having trouble getting back to finishing the books... I mean there are a ton of characters and plot threads. I'm not a writer but I would image if you step away for even a year, it would be hard to pick back up let alone multiple years. I pray this isn't the case though.
Yes I have heard something similar where he has basically painted himself into a corner and has had a hard time thinking of where to go with story in order to arrive at his predetermined ending. However I believe he has overcome this already. That book is done.

Yes I have heard something similar where he has basically painted himself into a corner and has had a hard time thinking of where to go with story in order to arrive at his predetermined ending. However I believe he has overcome this already. That book is done.
Unless he finished within the last month or lied about it being done, he said in an interview with EW in November that WoW isn't done...
I hope he lied. :lol:
Anyway Fire and Blood looks good and I just picked up The Wise Man's Fear. At the rate it takes me to finish a book I'm sure WoW will be out by the time I'm done those two.

I wonder if he regrets not keeping the series to 3 or 5 books. I know 7 is an important number in the story and the show should’ve tried to end at 7 seasons too.

Unless he finished within the last month or lied about it being done, he said in an interview with EW in November that WoW isn't done...
I hope he lied. :lol:
Anyway Fire and Blood looks good and I just picked up The Wise Man's Fear. At the rate it takes me to finish a book I'm sure WoW will be out by the time I'm done those two.
This still goes with my thought that the story of WOW is done but you need ADoS to truly complete it.
shogun shogun If he tightened up a few loose ends. I think he could've been done in 5. Maybe would have made ADWD a bit better.

Im starting fire and blood next week. should be done by late Jan. I wish there was an audio bok for it' i'd have it finished by christmas.
hard to sit down and read with a newborn.

This is why I also said the book and show will have different endings. Mark my words
they will. Just look at all the things happening in the book that aren’t in the show. Characters, storylines, prophecy, etc....

Just finished rewatching season 6-7.. the scene at the Dragon Pit still too fire :pimp:. Cant wait for that Clegane Bowl. Euron got that good swagger for an evil bastard, although I hope Yara smokes him. Ramsay still one of the best fictional villains ever. I hope they don’t push this Theon redemption theme too hard after he won back the hearts and minds of the Greyjoy men leaving Dragonstone, He still needs to catch that knife to the heart

Who all is left on Arya’s list? Is it just Cersei and the hound?

I’ve never read the books so I don’t know if there is more depth and detail in those but is the Golden Company really all that? Also, 20,000 doesn’t seem like that crazy of a number compared to Dany’s army.

Emilia :blush:

There are theories about the Golden Company that revolve around the Blackfyre lineage (Targaryen bastard line), but that was omitted from the TV show so I imagine their importance is mostly related to turning the tide of the war.

Back
Top Bottom