OFFICIAL GAME OF THRONES THREAD | HOUSE OF THE DRAGON Premieres 8.21.22 | OFFICIAL TRAILER REVEALED

Who ends up sitting on the Iron Throne?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
He had no reason to let it go. Lets not forget Jamie killing his house guard Jory Cassel. Ned was all about honor. He lived by it and died by it.

Bruh, there's like 10 year difference between Roberts rebellion and the current time.
He had all thr reason other than it being better for the realm.

Last edited:
Bruh, there's like 10 year difference between Roberts rebellion and the current time.
He had all thr reason other than it being better for the realm.
The dude literally stabbed the king he was sworn to protect in the back then cut his throat. And you expect the honorable Ned Stark to forgive someone who would do that??? Jamie was known as the Kingslayer all over Westeros and that wasnt a term of endearment but more akin to being a kinslayer which is probably the worst thing someone could be in their world. All lords treated him that way.

The very definition of rebellion means youre breaking your oath or alliance. Which is what roberts whole side was doing. This is why jamie always seemed so incredulous when ned and others called him kingslayer. Yall were coming to do the same thing. plus "At what right does the wolf have to look down on the lion" thats what he meant by that. He was calling Ned a hypocrite.
No one wanted to listen to his story after that. He was mad bitter. Like i did yall *****es a favor

^That's the very point I'm getting at.

Rebeling against the king is cool as long as you don't actually kill him?

The reason why everybody got at Jaime like that is because he was one of the few people who should have never betrayed the King. The Kingsguard historically are elite knights who's entire existence is to protect the king, at the cost of their own lives. For Jaime to kill Aerys, it was the ultimate betrayal. Ned, Robert and Jon could rebel, but it's not nearly as heinous as a Kingsguard killing a king. It would be like if the secret service turned on the pres.

I can't wait to see another season of dissapointment for Lord Friendzone. I hope his anger is channeled through his fighting of White Walkers lol.

The ending of episode 6 on season 4
tenor.gif

The reason why everybody got at Jaime like that is because he was one of the few people who should have never betrayed the King. The Kingsguard historically are elite knights who's entire existence is to protect the king, at the cost of their own lives. For Jaime to kill Aerys, it was the ultimate betrayal. Ned, Robert and Jon could rebel, but it's not nearly as heinous as a Kingsguard killing a king. It would be like if the secret service turned on the pres.

This comment is why I dont see why people think both
1. R+L=J
2. Rhaegar was a good guy
One of these cant be true going off this statement

I also think a lot of the why is Jaime himself and how people had already felt about him and his family.. and how he handled it

If he had done the right thing and informed everyone that wild fire was planted, not to get credit or be excused for his actions, but to deal with the problem and potentially someone accessing it at a later point.. I think he would have been viewed differently

Look at Jon, only a small number know that he literally died so he's not an oath breaker.. but no one questions his honor

Look at cersei asking him not to get involved towards the end of last season.. she should know he took the black and all of a sudden he's there.. she didn't throw him taking an oath to not get involved in his face BUT she still believed he would live up to anything he swore there

The dude literally stabbed the king he was sworn to protect in the back then cut his throat. And you expect the honorable Ned Stark to forgive someone who would do that??? Jamie was known as the Kingslayer all over Westeros and that wasnt a term of endearment but more akin to being a kinslayer which is probably the worst thing someone could be in their world. All lords treated him that way.

ned so dumb and honorable he would’ve let aerys burn down king’s landing. We actually need someone like Jaime Kingslayer right now. An evil, crazy person is in power right now trying to destroy this country.

ned so dumb and honorable he would’ve let aerys burn down king’s landing. We actually need someone like Jaime Kingslayer right now. An evil, crazy person is in power right now trying to destroy this country.

That's the problem, they had zero clue that card was even there to inevitably be played by cersei

For Ned and co, I think they simply viewed Jaime and the lannisters as opportunists and Jaime was only serving his own

Yes, but what I am getting to moreso is he just went back to being Theon. He didn't "change" he was brainwashed, and then back to being himself. Not really a "changed" man. If that makes sense.
Yes back to Theon in name but he's clearly a different Theon than in season 1.

I wrote exactly what it has to do with that in the book thread, and in here before. probably doesnt matter for some people. But it has a lot to do with the tower of joy and KINGSguard

would u mind shooting me a pm or posting in a spoiler im not sure what you're getting at but im interested

Back
Top Bottom