OFFICIAL GAME OF THRONES THREAD | HOUSE OF THE DRAGON Premieres 8.21.22 | OFFICIAL TRAILER REVEALED

Who ends up sitting on the Iron Throne?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Do you guys believe in the Sam theory where the whole story is narrated by old man Sam at the citadel.

Waaaaaaaaaaay to much story to cram into 5 episodes to circle to that. I doubt it.

also good watch
I think there could be some credence to it. You don't necessarily have to go down that whole road.
A simple hint that Sam would be tasked with putting the story to text would be all you really need to confirm it.

Not sure how you do that without it coming off a bit cheesy, though.:lol:

Waaaaaaaaaaay to much story to cram into 5 episodes to circle to that. I doubt it.
What story would they have to cram in? They could just have the last couple minutes be Sam writing what just happened in the last scene, camera pans up to his face, we see he's old and a maester, closes the book and it says "A Song of Ice and Fire".

That was a MASSIVE detail my dude :lol:
not really. it wasnt like a big story. it wasnt a mystery. we knew who pushed him and we knew he survived and both went on with their lives. There was no cliff hanger or suspense around it. It would be diff if he was pushed by someone off cam and we finally found out 8 seasons later who did it. plus everyone knows jaime smashes his sister, so its not like jimmy is keep his secret either.

that scene was underwhelming. probs why it didnt matter to me. Jaime's will probs apologize, tell him he's dreadfully sorry and tell him he's happy he's alive. It's a crime for pushing him out the window i guess, so i'm guessing he'll hope he doesnt tell anyone. but that side story is weak sauce tbh.

Do you guys believe in the Sam theory where the whole story is narrated by old man Sam at the citadel.

The baby is also named Sam. And there's a Sam spoiler in the season trailer as well.

not really. it wasnt like a big story. it wasnt a mystery. we knew who pushed him and we knew he survived and both went on with their lives. There was no cliff hanger or suspense around it. It would be diff if he was pushed by someone off cam and we finally found out 8 seasons later who did it. plus everyone knows jaime smashes his sister, so its not like jimmy is keep his secret either.

that scene was underwhelming. probs why it didnt matter to me. Jaime's will probs apologize, tell him he's dreadfully sorry and tell him he's happy he's alive. It's a crime for pushing him out the window i guess, so i'm guessing he'll hope he doesnt tell anyone. but that side story is weak sauce tbh.

It literally started the entire war/conflict that's been going on for the past 8 seasons :lol:

What story would they have to cram in? They could just have the last couple minutes be Sam writing what just happened in the last scene, camera pans up to his face, we see he's old and a maester, closes the book and it says "A Song of Ice and Fire".

I'm here for it :lol: I love Sam

not really. it wasnt like a big story

tenor.gif

I'm willing to believe it. And like I pointed out earlier, we're seeing that the events of the show are being represented in the intro as being part of Westerosi history. It could be that someone in the future is explaining what happened in the past.

Something I just noticed rewatching the premiere, why did no one remotely care after Bran told them "we don't got time for this ****, the Night King has your dragon and the wall is down"?

Sansa was more worried about hating on Dany and Dany and Jon were more worried about smashing. I wish they would have brought a wight to Winterfell cuz the seriousness of the situation isn't translating very well.

Something I just noticed rewatching the premiere, why did no one remotely care after Bran told them "we don't got time for this ****, the Night King has your dragon and the wall is down"?

Sansa was more worried about hating on Dany and Dany and Jon were more worried about smashing. I wish they would have brought a wight to Winterfell cuz the seriousness of the situation isn't translating very well.
Dany did give him a look, but to be honest I was expecting more. I'm no show writer but I think it would have had way more of an impact if he drop the "We don't have time for this ****" in the great hall right after Tyrion got down saying some goofy ****.

Dany did give him a look, but to be honest I was expecting more. I'm no show writer but I think it would have had way more of an impact if he drop the "We don't have time for this ****" in the great hall right after Tyrion got down saying some goofy ****.

that definitely would have worked better. I think Bran is in a weird space where his powers aren't being taken serious by a majority of the cast. He could definitely benefit from one display of his knowledge in front of the whole crew at Winterfell. I think we might get it when they confront Jaime next episode.

no it didn't.

It had a a lot to do with it.

Lannisters → incest → Jon Arryn knows → gets murdered → Robert goes to WF to make Ned hand → Bran sees said incest, Jaime tries to kill him

Huge detail in the grand scheme of everything that happened, especially when Catelyn seizes the imp. Bran goes to King's Landing if he's not crippled and bedridden and probably gets offed or escapes with Arya. Whole story changes.

Everything that happens in GoT produces a ripple effect.

Last edited:

Though it didn't seem like it, they were preparing themselves for battle. Gendry was creating dragonglass weapons, they sent the Umber kid to bring the Umbers to Winterfell. Davos, Tyrion and Varys were outlining a marriage proposal to unite the North and Dany. They couldn't just have Jon, Dany and a massive army enter Winterfell without explaining what's going on. Certain characters have to meet and speak before certain other things happen.

no it didn't.

Bran being pushed out the window and surviving lead to the cut throat that tried to finish him off with the valyrian steel dagger which lead to Catelyn stark arresting Tyrion which lead to Jamie arresting and imprisoning Ned which lead to Joffrey having Ned executed which lead to Robb...........

It's one of the main catalysts for the war. It's one of two physical actual events that took place that lead to the war, along with the death of Jon Arryn.

They couldn't just have Jon, Dany and a massive army enter Winterfell without explaining what's going on. Certain characters have to meet and speak before certain other things happen.

that's a good point, I didn't even consider that. especially with the way to common folk were ice grilling the Dothraki, Unsullied and Tyrion

that definitely would have worked better. I think Bran is in a weird space where his powers aren't being taken serious by a majority of the cast. He could definitely benefit from one display of his knowledge in front of the whole crew at Winterfell. I think we might get it when they confront Jaime next episode.

They really just ignoring the fact that Bran can warp into the past like it’s just an everyday thing. Like what?! They could ask this moher****er anything about ANYTHING. Why aren’t they posted up around him 24/7 with the quill and paper taking notes? “Bran, right quick, you think you could play back the tape and dig up some info on this night king person. Imma need you to bring some energy my dude, we tryna save the realm B.”

Instead dude is just rolling around the courtyard like he’s on a summer camp trip just chilling, and NOBODY even acknowledges him.

Back
Top Bottom