OFFICIAL GAME OF THRONES THREAD | HOUSE OF THE DRAGON Premieres 8.21.22 | OFFICIAL TRAILER REVEALED

Who ends up sitting on the Iron Throne?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Exactly. That’s all it was ever going to be. Where I get lost is his motivation to kill Bran specifically and the rush to do so. I understand why he wants Bran dead, but if his plan is to wipe out everyone, wouldn’t he have gotten to Bran eventually?

What they could have used was the fact that Bran saw his creation and knows the only way he can be killed. Which according to D&D was true, but they never covered it in the show. Bran held no absolutely no key in defeating the Night King. They caught him with luck.

I’m not dissatisfied with the NK’s ending. I’m dissatisfied with Bran’s.

My understanding of episodes two explanation was that Bran represented human history. He was the end all of all past, present and future. True death comes from wiping out the very memory of something. In order to create the long night (The NK's desire), he needed to wipe out all traces of humans. He needed to kill Bran.

This is Brianne......

upload_2019-5-2_9-5-17.png

I have questions.

they have not been hyping the WWs for 8 years. they've been hyping the throne and it's controller for 8 years..

still funny to me 1 episode finally got majority of yall to see.

Nah man. Part of the intrigue of the show was them fighting over the throne pointlessly when a larger threat was looming. The first scene of the show was about WWs.

They wrapped this up like they did the High Sparrow and the faith . This was to big of a threat and theme of the show to end it the way that they did. Again idc that is was Arya who did it ..but the way that they boxing themselves in that led to this is inexcusable

The NK was never going to set on the Iron Throne. It is the last season, I am not really sure how much more you guys wanted.

The NK was never going to set on the Iron Throne. It is the last season, I am not really sure how much more you guys wanted.
That's not a valid excuse for a subpar episode. They chose to make it 6 episodes. I'm remaining hopeful but I don't see how they wrap everything up in the last 3 episodes in a proper way.

from the article posted a couple pages back. holes everywhere

21. Really was that it? After eight seasons and more than 70 hours of television where the ultimate antagonist was marching south, it was all resolved in one night, without giving the antagonist a clear motive or purpose?

22. We’re supposed to assume that in 10,000 years when the Three-Eyed Raven has fought the Night King presumably many times that the humans never came up with the plan to…stab the Night King?

23. This great war, the war to end all wars, the fight for the living, took only one night, killed none of our beloved main characters and was won by the Night King walking into the most obvious trap ever placed?

Yeah, I mean the show is ending, there's no way they could have made a purely realistic resolution to the Night King storyline. The Great War ending in 1 night is definitely somewhat bogus instant gratification but what else were they supposed to do

It wasn't a satisfying end but after even slight thought, again there's no plausible way you're going to give it justice in 6 let alone 3 episodes. They painted themselves into a corner leading up to this point by wasting the previous 2 or 3 seasons on filler episodes

Honestly for a threat this big that’s been build up, Cersei should have been dealt with first, then finally who’s left takes on the dead and they all simply DIE....the End.

That would have been satisfying and GOTish.

Jaime stabs one, quick cut to dragon fire yards away & all those walkers just stop gnawing on Brianne... >D

Also how does the dragons shooting flames from 40ft up in the air into pure darkness NOT burn the living along with the dead who are fighting on top of each other....lmao

Dude turned off friendly fire..

Also how does the dragons shooting flames from 40ft up in the air into pure darkness NOT burn the living along with the dead who are fighting on top of each other....lmao

Dude turned off friendly fire..
The dragon fire was no where near the living army

The dragon fire was no where near the living army

Yeah. Ramsey was letting off arrows on his troops during the BotB because he didn't care. I'm gonna have to assume Khaleesi at least knew this much to light off WW's far enough from her own troops.

So if the last three episodes are great will yall still be complaining about the damn battle ending in one 80 minute episode? Feels weird to me a lot of yall are just convinced the show is fully dead now and can't recover with three more 80 minute episodes left.
I have faith in the show. I was disappointed in the the last ep but I'm not ready to call the season trash. Ep 2 was great and after the hype of the entire season ep 1 was ok.
However one of the actors said the ending will split the fans. If this episode did that then I'm gonna go ahead and assume that people are going to call the ending the most disappointing ending of all time.

Back
Top Bottom