OFFICIAL GAME OF THRONES THREAD | HOUSE OF THE DRAGON Premieres 8.21.22 | OFFICIAL TRAILER REVEALED

Who ends up sitting on the Iron Throne?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
The whole Dorne arc was horrible

That's when they passed the books and I thought GOT was going to go downhill

But to their credit it eventually did get good again

Now in the final season they go backwards and mess up the NK

Reactions: sb
Someone brightened up the scenes. Literally night and day...

gtc7doevxlv21.gif

Trash *** writers really ruined this season for me. Been hyping up the last night and the WWs for 8 YEARS .. and they end it halfway through the last season in 1 night :rofl:

Dudes should be banned from film making after this
Relax man season ain’t even over. Too early to be writing off the NK like that.

Trash *** writers really ruined this season for me. Been hyping up the last night and the WWs for 8 YEARS .. and they end it halfway through the last season in 1 night :rofl:

And we got guys in here talking about “the story has always been about the THRONE. The WW’s were just a little subplot.”

Man, what!? :lol:

I at one point in time had this surpassing the Sopranos & The Wire. :smh:

And I swear to the old gods & new, if they do some bull**** like have the NK live on through Bran, I’m punting my GoT funko pops like footballs.

Last edited:

Dudes got the meanest layup with GOT and couldn't keep up with GRRMs writing. I gave them the benefit of doubt cuz the show is still better than most on TV.

Then they came with that confederate BS. Wondering where they were going with this, I read the premise. Just terrible.

Still love GOT overall tho.

I wonder how much of the 3rd episode was poor writing or dudes just wanting to be done with the story and winging it. For all the work that went into creating the episode, it should have been matched with the writing. After they went past the books, the writing definitely suffered but we still got big moments like Battle of the Bastards, Hardhome, The Spoils of War. So, D&D are definitely capable of delivering in big moments without source material. They dropped the ball here. Hopefully they finish things up with a bang.

but dudes act like the questions I'm asking are out of nowhere, like I said earlier HBO's own website is asking these same questions

there were some obvious holes

some of which can be explained if they care to but idk if they will given the pace they've been moving at

Underwhelming season so far. Still entertaining but something just seems to be missing. Episode 2 was a bunch of forced dialogue. Episode 3 was full of plotholes (for the parts we could see anyway). The deaths also didn't seem that impactful. I was legit expecting Tyrion/Jamie/Breane or someone of that magnitude die

Yeah, I mean the show is ending, there's no way they could have made a purely realistic resolution to the Night King storyline. The Great War ending in 1 night is definitely somewhat bogus instant gratification but what else were they supposed to do

It wasn't a satisfying end but after even slight thought, again there's no plausible way you're going to give it justice in 6 let alone 3 episodes. They painted themselves into a corner leading up to this point by wasting the previous 2 or 3 seasons on filler episodes

As good as Hardhome was, that’s really what started the WW hype train. If the WW were never gonna be a significant threat that most of Westeros might not even believe, they shouldn’t have hyped em as much. Instead, now they looking like a plot device to put Cersei back into a position of power.

As good as Hardhome was, that’s really what started the WW hype train. If the WW were never gonna be a significant threat that most of Westeros might not even believe, they shouldn’t have hyped em as much. Instead, now they looking like a plot device to put Cersei back into a position of power.
I think they were an absolute threat. I think the build up of the WW was well done, but could have been better.

We needed better motivation from the Night King. We needed better back story on them and what the hell the goal was imo

We needed better motivation from the Night King. We needed better back story on them and what the hell the goal was imo

Bran explained it in the second episode. Unfortunately, it seemed like it was that simple and that's all we're gonna get. He was created to wipe out all of humanity and that's all he's been trying to do. Nothing more, noting less.

All those questions seem valid. Except for the Ghost one in my opinion. Is that really a plot hole simply because he wasn't shown?

they have not been hyping the WWs for 8 years. they've been hyping the throne and it's controller for 8 years..

still funny to me 1 episode finally got majority of yall to see.

Bran explained it in the second episode. Unfortunately, it seemed like it was that simple and that's all we're gonna get. He was created to wipe out all of humanity and that's all he's been trying to do. Nothing more, noting less.
Exactly. That’s all it was ever going to be. Where I get lost is his motivation to kill Bran specifically and the rush to do so. I understand why he wants Bran dead, but if his plan is to wipe out everyone, wouldn’t he have gotten to Bran eventually?

What they could have used was the fact that Bran saw his creation and knows the only way he can be killed. Which according to D&D was true, but they never covered it in the show. Bran held no absolutely no key in defeating the Night King. They caught him with luck.

I’m not dissatisfied with the NK’s ending. I’m dissatisfied with Bran’s.

Yeah, I mean the show is ending, there's no way they could have made a purely realistic resolution to the Night King storyline. The Great War ending in 1 night is definitely somewhat bogus instant gratification but what else were they supposed to do

It wasn't a satisfying end but after even slight thought, again there's no plausible way you're going to give it justice in 6 let alone 3 episodes. They painted themselves into a corner leading up to this point by wasting the previous 2 or 3 seasons on filler episodes

This their own fault. I doubt hbo was like you gotta end the show at season 8 and only have 6 episodes. They chose to give themselves a rushed deadline to end the show for whatever reason.

So if the last three episodes are great will yall still be complaining about the damn battle ending in one 80 minute episode? Feels weird to me a lot of yall are just convinced the show is fully dead now and can't recover with three more 80 minute episodes left.

All those questions seem valid. Except for the Ghost one in my opinion. Is that really a plot hole simply because he wasn't shown?

i mean unless they pulled a summer, which based on the preview for the next episode they didnt.. it doesnt make sense

they literally have jon telling sam in an earlier battle "i need him more than i need you"

the 1st time jon encountered that foe, take a wild guess who was by his side

Back
Top Bottom