OFFICIAL GAME OF THRONES THREAD | HOUSE OF THE DRAGON Premieres 8.21.22 | OFFICIAL TRAILER REVEALED

Who ends up sitting on the Iron Throne?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
This is Brianne......

upload_2019-5-2_9-5-17.png

I have questions.

Never underestimate Plot Armor. Arya got shanked like Edward James Olmos in American Me but she's still here and brought the dawn.

My understanding of episodes two explanation was that Bran represented human history. He was the end all of all past, present and future. True death comes from wiping out the very memory of something. In order to create the long night (The NK's desire), he needed to wipe out all traces of humans. He needed to kill Bran.
I get that and I stated as such in my post. But why the rush if he also wants to kill EVERYONE else?

Also, it needs to be said, but Lyanna's last stand was stupid and pure fan fiction. Her head would have been bitten off if Martin wrote that scene. Getting crushed like a squeeze toy but managed to stick her tiny arm out? **** out of here.

Caught up to the thread. That color correction on that opening scene was A1. HBO fumbled that entire episode with that ****** lighting :lol: :smh:

Also, it needs to be said, but Lyanna's last stand was stupid and pure fan fiction. Her head would have been bitten off if Martin wrote that scene. Getting crushed like a squeeze toy but managed to stick her tiny arm out? **** out of here.

I kinda thought the same thing. Internal organs all would've mush :lol:

Just a reminder, there are magical beings who shoot magic sparkles out of their hands in this show.

Suspension of disbelief is vital.:lol:

I genuinely believe people are upset that the show is ending, and don't know how to express that. We've looked over so much in the 7 seasons before this one. Feels like people are nitpicking now.

Just a reminder, there are magical beings who shoot magic sparkles out of their hands in this show.

I genuinely believe people are upset that the show is ending, and don't know how to express that. We've looked over so much in the 7 seasons before this one. Feels like people are nitpicking now.

I'm not upset that the show is ending, just annoyed by HOW after it spent 4-5 seasons setting up "rules" and character traits that are ignored in the last 2-3. Just feels like my time has been wasted, but since I've already watched so much of it, I feel obligated to watch how it ends. If the first 4 seasons were anything like the last 3, I would never have watched GOT

My only wish would’ve been more time dedicated to the battle. It felt cheap because they only have 6 episodes to do it. Other than that it was an awesome episode filled with some really tense gut wrenching moments. Who cares no one does. Stop complaining about everything.

read our gripes...they are very far from nitpicking
people aren't mad it's ending. they are mad at how it's ending.

lazy af writing

I hear this, I do. But we didn't have this with Breaking Bad, that writing was still tight.

I'm totally cool with the dead, Giants, witches, handicapped ravens, all that. I can suspend that disbelief.

But the last......15-20-25? episodes have started to turn. The stakes that they raised, they then went and burned to ash.

The first scene, THE FIRST SCENE of the series, is 3 dudes goin North of the wall and discovering the dead. Then they hide that storyline for quite a while. Then in S2 we get a glimpse of a dead wight. Then late S2 early S3 we see the dead army. Babies turned. A White killed by Sam with dragonglass. Then Hardhome. They built and built and built this storyline over time.
In a single episode, they wiped it all out and ended the entire series with the NK killing ONE person. Theon. Not just this episode, the entire 8 seasons, he's killed ONE person. The dude that sprinted to him for 8-10 seconds. This menacing, evil, deadly character, killed one dickless dude in 73 episodes.

The White Walkers did jack ****.

ONE single Giant. (even tho we saw several just 2 episodes ago)

People getting mauled/overwhelmed, and living.

I haven't even mentioned the time traveling they started doing S5-6-7 etc.

Is that nitpicking, or GLARING weaknesses in the writing now? Honest question.

so if they're not trying to please fans who exactly should they please? I'm legit confused

it's like going into a marvel movie and being mad they do comic book things, it's not real life. People say they want realism, they get rid of the main magical element of the show and people are still pissed. It's an unwinnable spot the producers are in it seems, I'm sure they're gonna be face deep in the finest of Dornish wine the second this show is over because they get ripped apart for every route they go with the script.

Such a dumb argument. People are upset because the episode played out in a way that goes against the precedents the show had set throughout its run.

We've seen a woman literally give birth to a shadow assassination demon before. It has been very clear from the beginning that this world is built on a fantasy foundation. Sparkles out of peoples' hands aren't the issue.

The issue is that we've seen this show sacrifice crowd favorites for the sake of ruthless realism within this fantasy world. Key characters could be outsmarted and offed because THAT is what made the most sense given the pieces on that part of the board at that moment. We saw notable exceptions for what became the show's core characters - those who are being manipulated by the wheels of fate, namely Jon Snow (his core character status acknowledged by the show in that he was resurrected by the Lord of Light - a device whose precedent was somewhat set by Beric Dondarrion dying and revived 7 times for some unknown "purpose"). So while I'm not surprised Jon survived the battle in what one might consider a machination by a powerful spiritual entity, I'm very surprised that characters we like but that are likely not CORE characters somehow miraculously survived the battle. This isn't internally consistent with how deaths have been handled in the show and I think that's disappointing for long time viewers.

Back
Top Bottom