OFFICIAL GAME OF THRONES THREAD | HOUSE OF THE DRAGON Premieres 8.21.22 | OFFICIAL TRAILER REVEALED

Who ends up sitting on the Iron Throne?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
50FDA275-6526-48E2-926E-000EA8B30BA2.jpeg

WOAT.

What beef yall got with LOST i only seen the first 2 episodes.

All i know is that the plane crashed and the island moves.

How SHOULD the show have ended?
Enjoy 4 great seasons, and a god 5th season. Come back when youre done with the 6th.

I will say part of the disappointment of Lost was watching it in real time week to week. The hype, the guarantees by the creators, the mystery upon mystery all added up to high expectations that simple were not met.

yall cant truly believe season 5 of the Wire was good. The literal ENDING was good but the season as a whole was mediocre. Newspaper angle was awful television, the fake serial killer was ridiculous

Breaking Bad stands alone to me, they didn't have any bad season imo. Lost was killed by the writers strike and the final season was stupid, we got so few answers

The disrespect to Oz. :smh:

It was before all those shows. Most underappreciated show...

Adebisi >>>>>> :pimp:

OZ is overrated

I look at Oz like I do Power. It was over the top and outlandish, thus entertaining. If it was done in this social media era, it would get killed with some of the ridiculousness on that show.

yall cant truly believe season 5 of the Wire was good. The literal ENDING was good but the season as a whole was mediocre. Newspaper angle was awful television, the fake serial killer was ridiculous

I didn't think so

I was thinking about it last night, and the last few seasons have really hurt it's standing on my All Time TV list. There were so many missteps when they were telling them story themselves. After season 4 I probably would have put it up right next to Breaking Bad. Now Thrones doesn't hold a candle to Breaking Bad.

Dexter peaked with the the Trinity Killer season.

I watched BB from the first season it aired. I remember being in HS and randomly stumbling upon the pilot and I thought it was the most refreshing concept for a show that I had seen at the time since The Sopranos (hadn’t watched The Wire yet I think).

It was undoubtedly great television to watch live week-to-week but what keeps me from ever ranking it above The Sopranos or The Wire is it’s rewatchability (sp?). I just can’t do it. The burn is too slow. And that’s coming from someone who’s watched films like the LOTR, Once Upon A Time In America, HBO’s The Godfather Saga, etc.

Whenever I want to introduce someone (i.e. a shorty) to great television when they’ve been accustomed to network junk like Gossip Girl, The Vampire Diaries, novellas and KUWTK all their lives... I don’t ever mind going through a rewatch of The Sopranos & The Wire. I actually look forward to it as they
88D6E406-CBD4-4A06-BFD9-E22DFA985EDD.gif
while I
302C212F-14F9-4FB8-A1ED-6441C3CFF862.png
.Can’t say the same for Breaking Bad.

Dexter peaked with the the Trinity Killer season.

I watched BB from the first season it aired. I remember being in HS and randomly stumbling upon the pilot and I thought it was the most refreshing concept for a show that I had seen at the time since The Sopranos (hadn’t watched The Wire yet).

It was undoubtedly great television to watch live week-to-week but what keeps me from ever ranking it above The Sopranos or The Wire is it’s rewatchability (sp?). I just can’t do it. The burn is too slow. And that’s coming from someone who’s watched films like the LOTR, Once Upon A Time In America, HBO’s The Godfather Saga, etc.

Whenever I want to introduce someone (i.e. a shorty) to great television when they’ve been accustomed to network junk like Gossip Girl, The Vampire Diaries, novellas and KUWTK all their lives... I don’t ever mind going through a rewatch of The Sopranos & The Wire. I actually look forward to it as they
88D6E406-CBD4-4A06-BFD9-E22DFA985EDD.gif
while I
302C212F-14F9-4FB8-A1ED-6441C3CFF862.png
.Can’t say the same for Breaking Bad.

Underrated gangster movie

I was thinking about it last night, and the last few seasons have really hurt it's standing on my All Time TV list. There were so many missteps when they were telling them story themselves. After season 4 I probably would have put it up right next to Breaking Bad. Now Thrones doesn't hold a candle to Breaking Bad.

The writers/show runners without Martin's not giving a **** attitude and book guidance are doing typical TV and what they think people want to see and trying to appease people. The writing is still there as far as dialogue, because that's what they're good at.

If you were in to GOT from the beginning, you watched for the unexpected.

It's hard for me to expect any fan favorites to die now.

Underrated gangster movie
The European cut is a masterpiece.

Glad I never watched the US cut where they butchered Leone’s storytelling by making it linear and condensing it for the sake of run time. :smh:

Would have probably ruined my whole perception of the film even if I learned about the EU version afterwards & subsequently watched it.

Yeah I had to leave it alone after that too, Tyrant (used to come on FX) was actually really good, sucks it got canceled.

The writers/show runners without Martin's not giving a **** attitude and book guidance are doing typical TV and what they think people want to see and trying to appease people. The writing is still there as far as dialogue, because that's what they're good at.

If you were in to GOT from the beginning, you watched for the unexpected.

It's hard for me to expect any fan favorites to die now.
At this point, it's almost a sure thing that we wont get another moment like that. It's sad. I went into The Battle of Winterfell completely prepared to have my heart broken with the loss of a bunch of characters, but that episode showed me that they were really done with trying to tell a compelling story, and just want to try to please the average TV fan. When it was George's work, the intention was to please both book readers and average TV viewers, and in a lot of instances it seemed the book took priority over the story.

I really think Benioff and Weiss didn't expect to be put in the position where neither of the final two books are done. I think they genuinely wanted to just adapt the story, and didn't sign up for the way this all turned out.

I will say though, it makes me look at them and their ability to tell a compelling story much different when I gave them 50% of the credit for the show being so good. Now it seems like they only deserved about 25%.

And **** that Confederates show they tried to make.

I think we're definitely getting some fan favorites killed in the next two weeks Arya and Jaime being number 1 and 2, they're on suicide missions

Varys' treason wheels spinning gonna get him killed or Tyrion I don't see how both make it out of this conundrum unless Dany dies first

After all this I really think Sansa is the betting favorite to be sitting on the throne by the end as a Littlefinger/Cersei hybrid minus the violence.

I think we're definitely getting some fan favorites killed in the next two weeks Arya and Jaime being number 1 and 2, they're on suicide missions

Varys' treason wheels spinning gonna get him killed or Tyrion I don't see how both make it out of this conundrum unless Dany dies first

After all this I really think Sansa is the betting favorite to be sitting on the throne by the end as a Littlefinger/Cersei hybrid minus the violence.

I really hope Dany kills Sansa or anyone for that matter.

I really think Benioff and Weiss didn't expect to be put in the position where neither of the final two books are done. I think they genuinely wanted to just adapt the story, and didn't sign up for the way this all turned out.

I will say though, it makes me look at them and their ability to tell a compelling story much different when I gave them 50% of the credit for the show being so good. Now it seems like they only deserved about 25%.

This this and this! Just had this conversation today.

So really, it's GRRM fault :lol:

Back
Top Bottom