OFFICIAL GAME OF THRONES THREAD | HOUSE OF THE DRAGON Premieres 8.21.22 | OFFICIAL TRAILER REVEALED

Who ends up sitting on the Iron Throne?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
The writers of the show already know how it's going to end so I am not worried at all. This dude will most likely die before the 7th book is even started.

The problem with Dance is that Martin wrote a big 5 year time skip into the plot. And after giving it to friends and editors they all told him that it just wouldn't work. So he went back and had to re-write pretty much everything and piece it together to make it work.

Even stuff from The Winds of Winter that we've read feels like it was grounded in the 5 year time skip that never happened.

twd is one of the lower-tier quality popular shows. Hodor and The Hound would do work on that show.
Yeah right. watch the season 4 mid finale and finale and tell me that it is "low tier". cuz it isnt, it has amazing character development, suspense, and storylines
TWD sucks and has sucked since S2 started. The show is bad. Bad acting, poor execution of some good plots, terrible pacing, etc.

The show is not on the level of shows apart of that new age of tv shows being better than movies.

This is from a person that likes the comics (but is getting tired of that too) and stopped watching the show when The Governor just escaped and drove away after he lost to Rick and his crew. I know he's dead now but it don't really matter. It's really become one of those shows where I use to watch regularly but now have no care in the world about it.

I'd rather watch The Good Wife, Once upon A Time, Turn, reruns of The Mentalist and Law & Order than TWD. I think it comes on around 10pm still when it airs and I'd def say the better shows like Mad Men are more worth a viewer's time.

Last edited:
Carl and his stupid @#$ @#$@$@ crusty hat alone made me hate the show that much more. Just wanted to slap some sense into that kid every time I saw him on screen trying to act hard

Last edited:
I watched TWD until a few months ago cause my room mate/friend is a nerd and always has it on (and even he forces himself to watch it). Show takes FOREVER to progress. Season 2 (or whatever the season with the farm house was) was probably the worst season of a "big name" show I've ever seen. The characters are mostly idiots. What suspense is there?

cosign.

I tried watching the first season on Netflix cause a couple of my friends are really into it.

Couldn't get past episode 3.

Then I caught a couple of episodes from this last season.

They literally just walked for two episodes.

The Hiking Dead :smh:

Man the fir twd was so good at one point now it's just notb living up to the hype. I'm proud of Kirkman tho. Dude is caking like no other off walking dead.

Image is no marvel or DC but I like their stories much more

mean.gif

Last time I reply about this because everytime I post it becomes a spectacle for the next few posts.

Please remember I'm posting from a casual viewer's perspective about this show. I don't know each and every character's name so I describe them from how I remember them from the show. I didn't read the book this show was based on, or any of the other stuff fans of this show does to know so much about it... I just watch it when I can on putlocker. I don't go back and revisit seasons or episodes like some do in here to know all that you know about the show and when my girl is watching episodes to catch up I might look or glance at what she's up to.

You guys are acting like these people have simple memorable names like Bob, Susie, Mike, Rick, etc. no they don't... they have those old time names that don't stick on me as easily, but the one's with simple names I do remember like Jamie, Little Finger, Joffey, Ned, Rob Stark, and Jon Stark. And as for the places I don't know or remember any of them besides Winterfall and King Landing and I don't know how time works on this show so I'm not sure how and when things take place I just try to read and learn what I can from you guys.

Another thing is this show isn't like a TWD or BB or some other shows where it is one set of people and/or characters and it follows them throughout the entirety. GoT is all over the place they're constantly adding in new people and killing them off quickly and there are so many different story lines and it jumps all over the place back and forth and sometimes they don't go back to a story line for 2-3 weeks.

I'm asking and discussing the same thing everyone else in the thread is, but I just don't know some of the characters by name so I describe them from how I remember their significance on the show and I get bashed and told I'm mentally ******ed and other crap.

If you don't want to reply what I type that's cool you can just scroll on by instead of the next 10-15 posts about trolling, trying to be funny (I said two quirky things one was the red witch lady with the smoke monster vagina from Lost, and they other was King Joffy Joffer) so I don't understand how I'm tying to hard... I'm not trying anything I just added in two quirky jokes because those two things reminded me of those quirky things I said.

I'm trying get better with the names because I'm not trying to mess up you guys beloved thread and beloved show, but not everyone is going to be as knowledgable as some in here because some go beyond the show and read and get into other elements of the show.

I just got into this show because people kept telling me it was worth watching and now since TWD is done until October I wanted start watching something else. I guess the habit of nicknames also came from all the shenanigans of the Draya Michelle thread maybe.

@CmPunk this show is alright I think you should give it a try. I'm a big fan of TWD although many bash it in the TWD thread. Both shows have their cons so don't be led to believe that this show is doesn't have faults and is perfect. Word of advice learn the characters names and their level hp because if not then the elitists will jump on you every chance they get.

inb4
did not read
strikethrough
.gifs
http://viewers-guide.hbo.com/game-of-thrones/season-1/episode-1/map

Y'all gotta let Puttin in Work rock with his posts.
Might be a lil forced but if you get past that it still is kinda funny. At the end of the day we all know who he's talking about through the wild descriptions he gives of the characters.

I try to keep up with this thread to try to catch the little tidbits that I might've missed while watching the show.
You gotta understand that for every person that goes on the internet and discusses the show with other people, there are 10 people who just watch it and don't put any thought into it till the following Sunday

Assuming you've watched all 4 seasons, even just casually, there's no reason to be referring to tyrion as the ****** dude.

Assuming you've watched all 4 seasons, even just casually, there's no reason to be referring to tyrion as the ****** dude.
You can confuse Tyrion and Tywin enough to say **** it.

I really don't know why this bothers y'all so much :lol: Just don't read his posts then.

rewatched a few episodes of season 1 again, and the fusion of the seasons and the storyline have been nothing short of masterful. Quality wiring and acting along with great visuals. HBO does not disappoint

You can confuse Tyrion and Tywin enough to say **** it.

I really don't know why this bothers y'all so much :lol: Just don't read his posts then.

SERIOUSLY!

i Mean damn ya'll act like ya'll getting residuals off the show or something :lol: let that man live. I don't know all the characters and I've watched all 4 seasons.

jon snow
cersai
tyrion
the hound
jamie

those the only names I really honestly know with confidence (and can spell and say them correctly)

Michelle Fairley would get it. She played someone rich on Suits and would wear rich cougar clothes and talk in her accent. Would bend her over a desk and attack with some Valyrian steel.

I watched TWD until a few months ago cause my room mate/friend is a nerd and always has it on (and even he forces himself to watch it). Show takes FOREVER to progress. Season 2 (or whatever the season with the farm house was) was probably the worst season of a "big name" show I've ever seen. The characters are mostly idiots. What suspense is there?

How you call your roommate a nerd for watching TWD when you watch GOT? :lol:

How you call your roommate a nerd for watching TWD when you watch GOT? :lol:
:lol: I don't think he called him a nerd for watching TWD, think he was just establishing his friend is a nerd that always has the show on. There's limits to it.

Back
Top Bottom