OFFICIAL GAME OF THRONES THREAD | HOUSE OF THE DRAGON Premieres 8.21.22 | OFFICIAL TRAILER REVEALED

Who ends up sitting on the Iron Throne?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
So I've Heard That D&D Changed GRRM's Original Ending:
attachment.php

https://moviechat.org/tt0944947/Gam...eard-that-DandD-changed-GRRMs-original-ending

https://www.datalounge.com/thread/22521737 411 replies down.

Okay! Over at the Datalounge a totally anonymous posted some gossip about changes in the ending, and sometimes *some* of the gossip over there turns out to be true. So here's what that totally anonymous person said about the ending:

"So I asked, (apparently I’m not the only one asking questions about what happened right now), and managed to get a few new bits of information. GRRM has made it clear he’s ‘not pleased’ with how the show ended behind closed doors. Things were already strained between him and D&D, but this was the final straw. It’s categorically NOT the ending he had planned for the characters. The good thing is that it’s finally lit a rocket up his *** to finish the next book...

"The original plan for S7 and 8 was quite different. Cersei’s pregnancy was meant to end with her miscarrying at the end of S7 as Jaime rode North. That scene was filmed, but held back, and then cut entirely. That was meant to signal the start of her spiralling into absolute madness. The whole nonsensical ‘Bronn being sent to kill Jaime and Tyrion’ plot is a hangover from that original outline, but he was meant to go after Sansa (who Cersei believed had her poisoned), and in turn Brienne, which was supposed to be the death knell for any reconciliation for the twins when Bronn came North and told Tyrion and Jaime about Cersei plans. That was the set up for Jaime being the Valonqar, which morphed into Jon killing Dany.

"Dany was always meant to lose it after being provoked by Cersei, but the situation was a lot less black and white. With nothing left to lose, Bat**** Cersei was going to outright threaten to blow up King’s Landing with the remaining wildfire. Dany still ends up razing the capital, but it’s in the aftermath of a far more even battle. She wins, but but everyone (including Grey Worm) she brought West with her dies. Both Jon and Tyrion walk away from her too, and she commands Drogon to melt the throne and flies back East.

"George is working towards a return to seven independent kingdoms in the books, but they cut so many of his characters that is was never a realistic option. In the show, Jon was meant to sit on the throne originally, with Jaime, in the aftermath of killing Cersei, paying for his crimes by serving as his Hand. They essentially split the two major beats of Jaime’s arc, killing his Queen and becoming Hand, between Jon and Tyrion and ****ed him (and Cersei) over, because HBO wanted to ensure that Kit, Emilia and particularly Peter would get a shot at Emmys. (Nikolaj and Lena were smart enough to realise that their character arcs were being sacrificed.) King Bran was the result of D&D being OBSESSED with reading online theories and wanting to come out of left field. There was also discussion of how it would be perceived if they removed a woman from the throne and placed a man there instead. ‘Bran the Broken’, as a disabled character, was the compromise. The second hand embarrassment is ****** painful! "

https://www.datalounge.com/thread/22521737 444 replies down.

And a bit later, someone who seems to be the same guy added:

"No, Sansa and Brienne would both live, but Bronn would make it explicitly clear to Tyrion and Jaime that he’d find a way to get to them if they didn’t make a better offer to him than Cersei already had. Bronn hedging his bets was always planned. It was just less nonsensical. It was about bringing things back around to Jaime betraying Cersei and sending Brienne after Sansa. I know it was scripted in the S7 finale that Cersei would notice Brienne carrying Oathkeeper in the Dragon Pit. It may have been filmed as well, but I’m not sure.

"Sansa becoming Queen in the North was always intended. There was far more meaning to Jaime and Brienne hooking up originally. Jon chooses Jaime as his hand because because he wants someone who’d be prepared to stop him should he overstep the mark. Who better than someone who’s killed their King/Queen twice over? Jaime was meant to be the checks and balances. He was meant to marry Brienne and she was going to be the checks and balances on the checks and balances. It would also strengthen the links between the Six Kingdoms and the newly independent North. (The political aspect of a Jaime/Brienne union comes straight from George.)

"Jon and Jaime ruling together in the show was foreshadowed in the first couple of episodes. When Jon Arryn’s body is barely cold, Cersei tells Jaime that he should be hand. They also specifically added the non-book scene where Jon and Jaime meet and discuss being in the Kingsguard and the Night’s Watch for life. The original intention was always that they’d return to that. "

I still don't know why they didn't just drop Arya off in King's Landing and let her take Cersei out.

Let her kill Cersei and that would have bonded Dany and the Stark girls and if Dany was still crazy they let Arya kill her too.

No mess, no fuss and it keeps the other Lords and Ladies from freaking out about the "savages"
storming Kings Landing.

Last edited:
Game of Thrones Writer Says One Character Was Originally Set to Survive to the End (SPOILERS)

Game-of-Thrones-645x370.jpeg

https://411mania.com/movies/game-of-thrones-writer-which-character-originally-set-survive-spoilers/

Game of Thrones writer Dave Hill has revealed that one of the characters killed in the Battle of Winterfell was originally going to survive the whole show. Hill told EW that Jorah Mormont, who died in “The Long Night” protecting Daenerys, was originally supposed to live all the way through the finale to head north with Jon Snow and Tormund.

“We wanted Ser Jorah to be there at The Wall in the end,” Hill said. “The three coming out of the tunnel would be Jon and Jorah and Tormund. But the amount to logic we’d have to bend to get Jorah up to The Wall and get him to leave Dany’s side right before [the events in the finale] … there’s no way to do that blithely. And Jorah should have the noble death he craves defending the woman he loves.”

EW also asked Jorah himself, Iain Glen, how his character would have dealt with Dany’s actions in the final episodes, like burning King’s Landing. “There’s a sweetness in that [dying in “The Long Night”] because Jorah will never know what she did,” Glen said. “That’s probably best. It’s a blessing for him that he never found out what happened to her. And from a pragmatic story point of view, his death served a greater purpose. Where could we have taken Jorah from there? **** if I know.”

D&D are going to be answering GoT questions for the rest of their careers. I can see them getting only GoT questions at the Star Wars ___ premier.

He wanted to kill targryen babies and would have killed Jon if Ned didn't lie

hey something that makes sense

The results show that Jon Snow and Daenerys Targaryen are twice as likely to be read about than any other character, with 80 million minutes spent reading content related to Game of Thrones across the globe Interesting regional variations show that Arya Stark is most popular in Sudan while Tyrion Lannister attracts the most readers in China.

Enough about Dany time for something new.

Westeros science fair!
Qyburn, old *** Alchemist from KL, Sam, whoevere developed Bran's wheelchair.
Who you got?:nerd:

I'm going Qyburn. Wild fire is empressive but qyburn came up with the scorpion himself.

not serious but whoever can make a poll I mean why not...

BofKL
kings landing should have happened first

ravens fly super fast now

dany stays at dragonstone the whole time

sansa and arya and bran from winterfell send ravens about the nk advance past the wall into the gift

after dany receives word cersei troops never arrived at winterfell, she swiftly overrides jon and varys and flies straight for the red keep on drogon

(cleganebowl - hound wins outright)

(euron dies in blackwater bay when wildfire burns it up)

jaime and tyrion are in winterfell, jamie still knights brienne after swearing to kill for dany for her graciously giving her soldiers and dragons to the fight for humanity

this is where kings landing gets destroyed, cersei dies on the throne drinking wildfire, sets off aerys wildfire cache thru the city (wildfire does not burn the iron throne) but which does drive drogon beserk

drogon will be the tyrant, through no fault of his own, a reaction to the wildfire, bucking dany off then destroying kings landing
+ jorah catches her and just as he puts her down drogons tail slams him dead into a wall

------------------------------------------------------

BofWF

they should have made it more obvious that rhollor is the magic of the east and nk/cotf/winter was westeros magic

the nk "marking" bran should have been the night king slowly invading his mind, stealing the history of men from him memory by memory

as he takes his memories he starts to know who these ppl are as the NK and how best to kill them so a lot of side characters can get killed this way (theon, jamie,

tyrion should have been azor ahai (nissa nissa is sansa sansa 3x fast, like hodor -> holdthedoor)
+ tyrion is third head of dragon, varys got dany and viserys out but tyrion was kept by tywin)
+ aerys + joanna = tyrion

they should have brought back up the marriage between tyrion and sansa instead of arya sex scene we get tyrion/sansa
+ she gets preg

after kings landing drogon flies back to dragonstone

bran arya sansa tyrion and tormund/wildlings northmen and melisandre

qyburn will surreptitiously offer himself to go to winterfell upon intercepting ravens telling of the dead army he will pretend to be a spy for cersei but really just curious about the NK (he will also get a scene talking to mel)

with no drogon the humans at winterfell prepare for battle jon on viserion who is not dead

bran who is basically hodor status snaps out of it as the mark disappears the nk army reaches winterfell

they use castle black/the wall tactics and dothraki flank/unsullied phalanx

sam tells unsullied about dorne tactics against ancient dragon to kill ice dragon

arya asks bran how to kill him he says he doesnt know (but in reality only the blood of a stark on valyrian steel will do it hence why a stark must always be in winterfell)
+ this is why cotf picked him because he built the wall

the next night bran has just enough energy to warg drogon and bring him to the fight and warg millions of crows to fight

dany sees this from kings landing but doesnt know its bran doing it and interprets it as drogon leaving her

more valiant fighting bran tells them the godswood has forrester wood surrounding the weirwood that will weaken the NK upon approach

NK meanwhile sneaks in thru the crypts raising dead starks as he goes (hes brandon stark the builder)

final showdown in the godswood bran arya sansa tyrion and jon arrives after sansa is mortally wounded

viserion wipes his generals but a couple wights climb on scene

jon hops off for the 1v1 and gets the upperhand but cant finish him off

tyrion mercy kills sansa and rushes the NK in the middle of the fight killing him with the dagger with sansas blood still on it

at that moment brans eyes flash blue and he stands up

arya who has been watching from close distance see this and caps NK bran before he can kill jon/tyrion

EPILOGUE

now if arya/gendry has to happen it can (lord and lady leaving admin duties behind to return when they please but still on a boat, gendry can joke hes spent time on the seas)

tormund/brienne

grey worm /missandei

mel/qyburn

lyanna mormont killed a giant and lived but men died bringing it to its knees

with cersei defeated and NK defeated only drogon is left to deal with

(if jon absolutely has to stab dany it could be her defending drogon to the council still after his rampage and if dany absolutely has to "go mad" it could be as a result of this)

if not then jon attempts to warg drogon and he does, pacifying drogons violent tendencies with ghosts peace in the snowy north

so jon and dany switch, he takes drogon she takes viserion

they have more dragons

more direwolves born between ghost and nymeria

targ dynasty brings peace to the world
+ all 4 main houses (stark, lannister, targ, baratheon all united)
+ montage with hotpie, daario etc

post credits
qyburn has brans body....

deep deep underground a troll locks four house sigils into a stone wheel and as the last piece fits in he spins it and it cracks up and breaks apart

the troll removes his hood, and its george

Last edited:
So for years I resisted GoT. Well, actually I tried to make it through the first episode 4 times over the span of a few years and I always fell asleep. :lol: Concluded it just wasn’t for me. Never been big on swords and medieval type of **** anyways.

Rewind to about 6 weeks ago. On a whim I threw the first season on with my wife. Again, I wasn’t too into it, but she loved it. So I was forced to watch it.

A few episodes in I was feeling it! Legit hooked. We watched this **** like it was our second job. Had a MFer waking up early to get in as many episodes as possible before work. I’d get home and we’d watch it for a few hours after our kid went to bed. Our life started revolving around squeezing in as much GoT as possible. :lol:

So tonight was the night we made it to the series finale and all I can say is what in the entire **** did we just watch?!! Legit wanted to throw something against the wall lol.

The homie Jon is back at the wall, his lineage be damned? Didn’t this show go out of its way to highlight lineage and its importance? So now it’s just whatever? The homie Bran just waltzes into the throne like that? What’s really good with Jon being let in to talk to Tyrion the prisoner when Dany was already wary of Jon? The dragon just dipped out like that, huh? So he can get angry and melt the throne and an entire city, but he can’t flame up the guy standing over his dead mama’s body? Where do all these unsullied cats keep spawning from? Why does Grey Worm get the say in what happens to Jon? Couldn’t Bran say “that’s my bro and I’m the king *****”? What are they watching at the Night’s Watch? How the **** is that wall rebuilt already? So Sansa can declare The North it’s own kingdom, and nobody else does? So the person who the new top brass of Westeros are supposed to be judging calls the shots? Why is Jadakiss as hard as it gets?

I need to go back through this thread, but I’ll be damned if anyone here says that was even a decent series ending. That was easily the most anticlimactic, underwhelming finale I’ve personally watched, which is a damn shame because the show was BRILLIANT for so long. Wow. I’m kinda tight I wasted mad hours these past few weeks. My condolences to you dudes who have watched this week to week. I know it’s just a TV show, but damn...they really went out like suckas. :smh: :smh:

My only hope now is that GRRM stops blogging about the Jets for 2 minutes and finishes the books cause the books have to be better than the last couple of seasons of the show. You can’t get any lower than Dexter Targaryen.

I still don't know why they didn't just drop Arya off in King's Landing and let her take Cersei out.

Let her kill Cersei and that would have bonded Dany and the Stark girls and if Dany was still crazy they let Arya kill her too.

No mess, no fuss and it keeps the other Lords and Ladies from freaking out about the "savages"
storming Kings Landing.

False...why do people think arya deserved that kill over anyone else.
We all know why she wants to kill cersei. But cerseis technically never done anything to arya specifically.
Sansa on the other hand yes

was danys downfall not killing Tyrion right away? why wait? AND at this point she is MAD so doesnt make sense that she would lock him up.....maybe jon doesnt kill her

grey worm......looking back this dude had to have known what HIS queen would have wanted.....that was to kill them all.....dude should have killed jon, Tyrion, and everyone at that council and he should have ruled and even if he didnt at least he would have killed everyone

grey worm not killing jon is the big thorn in my side.....can't happen where jon gets to walk away like that

by the way one of the big things that dany wanted to break from the wheel was slavery.....not happy that Tyrion didnt bring that up for them all to make sure doesnt ever happen again....SHAME

Seen this online:

The honorable died a traitor (Ned)
The strong died of a scar (Drogo)
The archer died of an arrow (Ygritte)
The powerful died helpless (Tywin)
The coward died a hero (Hodor)
The fire froze in the ice (Visiron)
The clever got tricked (Littlefinger)
The deceiver died protecting (Theon)
The traitor died serving (Jordah)
The free died in chains (Messandei)
The merciful died ruthless (Daenerys)