OFFICIAL GAME OF THRONES THREAD | HOUSE OF THE DRAGON Premieres 8.21.22 | OFFICIAL TRAILER REVEALED

Who ends up sitting on the Iron Throne?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
lol

and I missed the point of that poster. they were referring to the specific incident of these 4 episodes leaking. still not everyone gets 1080p or can even tell the difference with their TV.

That Jorah meme :lol: and I could finally look forward to a new episode after this week since I binged watch the leaks. A month went by fairly quick.

Last edited:
We're almost halfway through the season.
frown.gif

Winter is coming
Good god.. it has gone too fast 
frown.gif

technically only 37% not 50% Plus the memorial weekend break.. no worries there are still 7 weeks left.

Wat ??!! Based off 3 battles won ?

Aegon, Ed, King Rob, Tywin >>>> Robb

That might be the most outlandish thing said yet and I admitting I have been riding for Jon nh
King Rob and maybe Tywin shouldn't be mentioned. Aegon had dragons, so its hard to tell. Since RR, Robb is top 3 along with Stannis, and Ed/Jon Arryn.

Excluding them from the top 3, more so King Rob than Tywin.

Robert was more the heart than the head of the rebellion. Make no mistake, he played a large role in the success and deserve the praise that comes with it. Just Stannis, Aryn are the ones making moves.

Tywin was a step a behind Robb on the field every trip. His bread and butter was politics.

Make no mistake Robb and Stannis made some blunders that put them in the situation they're in.

I've been waiting to watch each episode as they first air on TV, but I have absolutely no issue with anyone who watched the leaked eps on-line. I have my reasons for waiting, but they're MY reasons. If someone doesn't feel like waiting, that's fine too.

Excluding them from the top 3, more so King Rob than Tywin.

Robert was more the heart than the head of the rebellion. Make no mistake, he played a large role in the success and deserve the praise that comes with it. Just Stannis, Aryn are the ones making moves.

Tywin was a step a behind Robb on the field every trip. His bread and butter was politics.

Make no mistake Robb and Stannis made some blunders that put them in the situation they're in.
I thought the argument was about who is the better commander not who was the best strategist and to me the better commander simply has more W's. Now I don't know if they are top three, but they both are above King Robb and Jon Arryn that's for sure. King Robert lead his men to way more victories than Jon Aryn. You said Robert had heart, but that's what won him the crown not strategy. Battle of Summerhall...Robert won three battles in one day... Robb only had three in his whole life. Also Tywin defeated Robb by writing a few letters  so even if we are talking strategists then he obviously has Robb beat, but if you want to call that politics fine I'll give you that, but Tywin is still a legend. He could simply send a singer with a harp to a Lord that isn't acting right and they'll straighten up real quick. There's a reason for that.  Not saying The King In The North was a bum. The trick he pulled on Tywin that allowed him to capture the King Slayer was brilliant. One last thing, if we are talking commanders Tywin kept his banner men while Robb lost some of his due to some foolish mistakes. No way he can be considered top commander. 

I think you guys missed the point I was making (largely on me because of poor wording.)

I was just saying, as far as military general Robb Stark may have been the best ever. His mistakes were made in the bedroom and across the dinner table, not on the field of battle.

Rob Baratheon wasn't about strategy, he'd just cave your chest in. If Ned Stark had sat down on the throne like he was s'posed to it wouldn't even have been called "Robert's Rebellion" and this wouldn't be a conversation.

Tywin just had the money to pay off everybody in his way. As a military leader/strategist though he was *EDITED* good but I'm not ranking him in any top lists. His need to resort to the Red Wedding out of fear he may not be able to beat Robb makes me want to call him trash though.

And we don't know if Aegon was a great military leader or not. As far as we can tell he didn't even strategize. He'd walk in, say "bend the knee," people would refuse and fight back, and as soon as his army was losing he'd unleash his dragons. They were the medieval versions of the atom bomb.

Robb was out there with a smaller army, kicking Tywin's ***.

Last edited:
Tywin didn't just pay people off.. Go watch comicbookgirl19's epic histories of the houses.. Tywin was ruthless

But during the war you refer to, Tywin waited til later in the war when it was pretty clear the mad King would lose

I'm aware of Tywin's history and, for example, what he did to inspire the infamous tune "The Rains of Castamere" (I'm assuming that's some of what she gets into? I've never really watched her videos.)

Watching "Draft Day" since it's on before this week's episode. Only reason I would ever watch this movie.

It's actually not half-bad.

edit: nvm. it's giant basura.

Last edited:
 I've never really watched her videos.)
watch her videos.. all past stuff, so no spoilers.. but if gives a ton of depth to what's going on..

helps a ton.. and really makes you appreciate the depth to the subject matters.. I still need to read the rest of the books (ive only read the first.. even though I got the first 4 from my uncle)

How old is Tommen supposed to be? I mean even 14 year olds should have some balls

Edit: she knows Jon's weakness. Redheads

Last edited:
Watching "Draft Day" since it's on before this week's episode. Only reason I would ever watch this movie.

It's actually not half-bad.

edit: nvm. it's giant basura.

Thanks. Went ahead and put that to record on HBO West lol. Been wanting to see that movie :smokin

Back
Top Bottom