OFFICIAL GAME OF THRONES THREAD | HOUSE OF THE DRAGON Premieres 8.21.22 | OFFICIAL TRAILER REVEALED

Who ends up sitting on the Iron Throne?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
EW: I was talking to Dan Weiss and he said Jon is really dead. But George R.R. Martin left open the possibility the character might not be dead in the books. And then that cast salary contract story came out last year and it had your name among those receiving raises for season six and an option on a seventh. So let me ask you: Is Jon really dead?

Harrington: This is my understanding of it. I had a sit-down with Dan and David, we did the Tony Soprano walk [letting an actor know they’re being whacked]. And they said, “Look, you’re gone, it’s done.” And as far as the salary thing goes, that angered me when that story came out. I don’t know where it came from, but it was inaccurate in many ways. It’s going to put questions into your head and into fans’ heads that things are not what they are. Quite honestly, I have never been told the future of things in this show, but this is the one time I have. They sat me down and said, “This is how it is.” If anything in the future is not like that, then I don’t know about it – it’s only in David and Dan and George’s heads. But I’ve been told I’m dead. I’m dead. I’m not coming back next season. So that’s all I can tell you, really.

http://www.ew.com/article/2015/06/1...w?hootPostID=6d270bf0adae6f1e0c83d60dd0c81323

probably was posted, but minus whale

...just when I was starting to feel better about the whole situation 'cause I saw this...

View media item 1582661

View media item 1582666

:smh:

Man they gotta bring back The Snowman..We ain't even found out who his mom (and dad?) are really are yet..

I ruined this for myself last year I think so it wasn't a total shock. It's nice not to have any more spoilers out there to ruin the show for me... unless the next book is released before the next season... then oh well.

I definitely don't think he's gone for good, even though that interview was posted... he has to say that. The Red Witch returning to Castle Black as well as Jon being a presumed integral part of the endgame (White Walkers vs the Living, R+L, etc.) it doesn't make sense from a story standpoint to kill him off. Ned? Yeah, it set in motion so many things. Syrio? Yep. Oberyn? Yup. Robb? Huge implications. Cat? Yep. Of course, you could have kept those people alive and found conflict elsewhere... but with Jon he's just too important to kill off I think. Same with Tyrion.. same with Dany.

It's just been set up to bring him back to life. 

I did NOT expect Myrcella to be killed off like that. I mean, this show did it to me again... it had me thinking one character... EVEN FOR A MOMENT would have a happy "ending". I should have known as soon as his daughter accepted Jaime as her father, something bad would happen. They got me again, man.

Dany lost in the world and Daario and Lord Friendzone going to find her? I'll buy it. Tyrion getting to rule Mereen? I like it a lot.

Cersei... knew that was coming but Lena did a hell of a job with that scene. Well done. 

Arya.. is whatever as this point. I like a lot of her stuff and I find that storyline interesting, but it feels a bit rushed and maybe it's just not clicking for me, but I don't know. I get it but I'm not blown away right now.

All in all, an interesting season. I think it suffered a bit like any show would after 5 seasons. This one is unique because it's balancing so many storylines, information from the books that we haven't seen yet, important events they have to cover, all while condensing it into interesting television. I think the show redeemed itself a bit the last few episodes after a rockier start, however.

Well now that nobody can cry about spoilers because anything is speculation at this point..
I don't think this is the last we've seen of Jon. We've seen the interest the Red witch has taken in him and we've seen her bring people back from death. And it turns out she rode back to castle black. And I don't think they would hype up r+l=j just to blue ball us. In interviews with the show runners, One of the first things George asked them before making the show was "who is Jon Snow's mom?" Why if that was it? Why ask the question behind the scenes if there isn't an answer to it? Just food for thought.
I dunno, I could be wrong. See you in 2016 GOT, its been awesome.
Cosign all of this, the timing is too on point for coincidence 

Maybe Jon screwed that red witch and created a clone. Hell maybe what we saw some vision that she showed him. that hasn't been revealed to us as of yet.

Lots of cliffhangers this episode. **** you, GRRM.

I predict that the Red Witch thinks everything has failed but really this is what her god wants. Somehow it all comes down to resurrecting Jon Snow in some form.

Can't wait to see the Mountain rip apart those religious folks next season. And it was awesome to see Arya butcher the pedo. And I liked how Tyrion and Varys are now ruling Mereen.

I'm only just beginning book 4
Real talk put in spoiler I don't care
Does Jon really die and come back in the book???
I NEED TO KNOW

I'm only just beginning book 4
Real talk put in spoiler I don't care
Does Jon really die and come back in the book???
I NEED TO KNOW

As far as I know and have heard, we are all caught up with the book/show. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

I've never wanted a child to die but that little piece of **** Olly needs to get his throat slit. 

I seent it coming. I didn't want to believe it but I knew we were getting set up to see our boy get bodied. 

As far as I know and have heard, we are all caught up with the book/show. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

Far as the Jon story yes, it's caught up.

:lol: At people thinking Jon is going to stay dead. Pretty obvious why Mel ended up back at Castle Black. Why else would she go there of all places? Shireen's death = Jon's rebirth. Only death can pay for life.

Stannis probably isn't dead either. No reason they wouldn't have shown it onscreen if so.

GRRM is a scumbag

yankees-fan-in-disturbing-baby-mask-creepy-sports-fan-gifs.gif

Why did it seem like they had a body double for Cersei and then she went full frontal anyways
what.png

at least Ayra got hers before going Stevie Wonder

I aint eem trippin, Jon gon be ok
200w.gif

please
tocry.png

Tyene aka "bad *****"
whew.png

For the watch

man **** the Nights Watch you narrow minded dumb *****
pacspit.gif

Its Stark life till I die and **** the rest of those houses