OFFICIAL GAME OF THRONES THREAD | HOUSE OF THE DRAGON Premieres 8.21.22 | OFFICIAL TRAILER REVEALED

Who ends up sitting on the Iron Throne?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Rewatching the whole series over the past few weeks.. made it back to season 5 this week and I'm still bummed at how Barristan went out.

At least he went out with his sword in his hand, taking on multiple enemies at once, he had a little moment of glory, but still.

And Hardhome really might be one of my favorite episodes of the show.. The Battle with the Wights and Walkers and then Tyrion and Dany's conversations, everything I love about the show. You get the best taste of the massive scale of the war to come.. it's not a few thousand forces meeting in open battle, it's not a few houses against a few more houses, it's a MASSIVE.... ENORMOUS... ARMY OF THE UNDEAD... That grows and grows as they kill. The more they kill, the bigger their army, the bigger their army, the harder it is to stop them. And humans are utterly outnumbered. I loved seeing that, because as it's been mentioned.. changes the perspective on all the little squabble we've seen so far. The real war is coming.

But on the other side, the politics and desire for control of Westeros is still there.. and Tyrion advising Dany was just great. She represents their best hope, powerful army, support from the people, three dragons, but as Tyrion says... despite her impressive rise to power, she still has more to learn and gain if she wants to be the ruler of Westeros. 

The thing I disliked about this episode is partially what made it so great... I just want to see it all unfold, right now, immediately. I want to see the battle between man and the undead, Dany and co against the White Walkers. The episode gave me a taste of that and I want the rest.

Did they ever say why Maester Aemon joined the NW?

Watching S4 E4 and Stannis is talking to his wife saying that it wasn't Ned's way to smash a *****. He didn't believe JS was NS's son.

Last edited:
Did they ever say why Maester Aemon joined the NW?

Watching S4 E4 and Stannis is talking to his wife saying that it wasn't Ned's way to smash a *****. He didn't believe JS was NS's son.
If I remember correctly wasn't it so they could not use him in a plot to over throw his brother?

Looking forward to seeing Ian McShane in GOT this season..Although, I'll still think of him as Rod's step father in Hot Rod. lol.

More casting news - Max von Sydow taking over as 3 eyed raven. Legit.

Last edited:
Wasnt there a story similar to this like a year ago.. i think they used a bunch of legal jargon and said its not possible.

Wasnt there a story similar to this like a year ago.. i think they used a bunch of legal jargon and said its not possible.

Its not, but the guy in the story I posted did a pretty good job making a case for it. :D

Y'all hear about this? 
laugh.gif

http://time.com/3989243/game-of-thrones-lawyer-trial-by-combat/

^I've seen a husky/timberwolf mix before. Puppy was only a year old and was huge. Looked straight up like a wolf.

Doesn't GRRM actually have some wolves at his place in New Mexico? Or maybe he works with a wolf sanctuary or something. But I know I've seen pics of him interacting with Wolves.

Edit - It was at a sanctuary

View media item 1671364

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom