OFFICIAL GAME OF THRONES THREAD | HOUSE OF THE DRAGON Premieres 8.21.22 | OFFICIAL TRAILER REVEALED

Who ends up sitting on the Iron Throne?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Couple questions. Why would the 3eyedraven hesitate to show bran the tower of joy revelation? Bran knowing about Jon literally means nothing to him other than, "oh cool, I didn't know that."

Also, with all the chamber maids in Lyannas room, why would Jon being her son be such a secret? Wouldn't word get out eventually? Like, Ned didn't tell his own WIFE, when there were plenty of people that had to of known. Just seems like a huge reach that dude wouldn't tell his own wife.

Couple questions. Why would the 3eyedraven hesitate to show bran the tower of joy revelation? Bran knowing about Jon literally means nothing to him other than, "oh cool, I didn't know that."
I thought it was more about limiting the amount of time Bran was going into the past. 3-eyed raven was afraid he would get too comfortable and never be able to return. Also I think it was a major revelation to Bran. He was very close to Jon and this changes his view of the world almost as much as being told directly you're adopted.

Also, with all the chamber maids in Lyannas room, why would Jon being her son be such a secret? Wouldn't word get out eventually? Like, Ned didn't tell his own WIFE, when there were plenty of people that had to of known. Just seems like a huge reach that dude wouldn't tell his own wife.
I seem to remember someone saying that, in the original version, Lyanna was supposed to be alone in her room. I guess it wasn't said explicitly but I would assume that the only survivors of the Tower of Joy are Ned and Howland Reed. Anyone else there to support Lyanna would be dead. In the show version, I only recall seeing one chambermaid, and it's unclear what happens to her.

On one hand it would make sense for Ned to tell Cat. He could trust her. But I also think it would make her a liability in a way. If there was any suspicion then she could be tortured for information, etc. For such a big secret I think Ned felt he couldn't unburden himself to anyone else alive, especially not to the woman he loved. Keep in mind the worldwide infanticide of Targaryeans and then the worldwide infanticide of Baratheon bastards.

Last edited:
As soft as Tommen has been all series, dude stepped up to the window and jumped off without hesitation :lol: :nthat:

His wife who was probably doing all the best tricks in the bedroom to manipulate him was just killed by his mom. I don't think any teen could take that.

Ned was so honorable that he wouldn't put any one's life in danger by telling them the secret of Jon's true parentage.

Did Tommen even know his mother wasnt in the explosion? He might have thought he lost her, too, since that happened during her trial time.

Ned was so honorable that he wouldn't put any one's life in danger by telling them the secret of Jon's true parentage.

Exactly. He had to sell it to everyone in order for everyone to believe it and keep the truth a secret. Must've been tough having your wife resent you and hate your nephew because you had to keep a promise to your dead sister. Ned was the most honorable.

Last edited:
Did Tommen even know his mother wasnt in the explosion? He might have thought he lost her, too, since that happened during her trial time.

I'm sure he knew. The explosion definitely wasn't an accident.

Plus, The Mountain hasn't left Cersei's side since her walk of atonement and he was in Tommen's room making sure he didn't leave up until the exact moment of the explosion.

Tommen was a naive cat but he knew his moms had evil in her.

Cersei had her crown waiting and everything tho 
mean.gif

Gotta feel for the people of KL for the time before Dany arrives,totally unhinged Cersei's gonna be pulling some heinous stuff that would probably make the Mad King blush now that all her kids are dead :x

Last edited:
I wonder if the number of girls born with the name Lyanna is gonna increase after this season 

Last edited:

Right before Tommen jumped, you see a servant telling him "Im sorry, your grace".

I'm sure he knew the situation by then. I also don't think Tommen just offed himself out of sadness cause his bae and mentor died.

It was probably the combination of that along with the realization of just how far his mother was willing to go. I mean after seeing her pull some **** like that, Tommen really would have no choice but to put Cersei to death. He was too weak to confront a situation like that.

Last edited:
I've spent the past couple days watching clips from old episodes. It's great seeing all the foreshadowing.

Jon before he leaves to go to the Wall in Season 1 tells Bran: "I know we always talked about seeing the Wall together, but you'll be able to come visit me at Castle Black when you're better. I'll know my way around by then. I'll be a sworn brother of the Night's Watch. We can go out walking beyond the Wall, if you're not afraid."

:frown:

I've spent the past couple days watching clips from old episodes. It's great seeing all the foreshadowing.

Jon before he leaves to go to the Wall in Season 1 tells Bran: "I know we always talked about seeing the Wall together, but you'll be able to come visit me at Castle Black when you're better. I'll know my way around by then. I'll be a sworn brother of the Night's Watch. We can go out walking beyond the Wall, if you're not afraid."

:frown:

:frown: Wow, powerful stuff

My only hope for season 7 is that Tyrion teams up with Bronn and Podrick again.

I don't care if every other character in the show dies or if 50 minutes of every episode are spent in Dorne. 5 minutes of dialogue between Tyrion, Bronn, and Pod will make it all worth it.

He definitely loved Cersei and Margarey, but both to a fault. That was the major difference between his 'reign' and Joffrey's.

Last edited:
Gotta feel for the people of KL for the time before Dany arrives,totally unhinged Cersei's gonna be pulling some heinous stuff that would probably make the Mad King blush now that all her kids are dead
sick.gif
Jaime might do the right thing
nerd.gif

My only hope for season 7 is that Tyrion teams up with Bronn and Podrick again.

I don't care if every other character in the show dies or if 50 minutes of every episode are spent in Dorne. 5 minutes of dialogue between Tyrion, Bronn, and Pod will make it all worth it.
Pod in the rowboat to nowhere

also who does Bronn side with 
nerd.gif

Last edited:
"The white wolf" :pimp:
King of the north :pimp: :pimp:

What's the name of the song when it transitions from baby Jon to older Jon? Scene was lit

^ "The Tower"

It's all on Spotify. Or Youtube w/ pitch changes or things like that.

This track and "Light of the Seven" are :smokin

Back
Top Bottom