**Official Game Thread** New Album "Jesus Piece" out Dec. 11th!

Idk why I can't like it like everyone else on here, will listen again.

I feel like album could of been shorter.....better than LAX but to me not better than Doctor's Advocate......and no where close to documentary

Been playing this CD a few times through and it's solid, definitely better than L.A.X. Problem with this one is too many features, some are forced and out of place. Some of Game's rhymes are awful at times. Too many songs, needs to be shorter.

Standout
The City (love the sample, the beat, the aggression....easily one of Game's best songs)
Martians vs Goblins (I like Tyler's verse, reminds me of old Slim Shady content. Game was cool except for mimicking Tylers flow and lyrics)
Ricky (the beat is smoothing and Game is just rapping, feels like an interlude almost. Not too much but not too little)
Heavy Artillery (another solid beat, angry record overall)
Speakers on Blast (one of my favorites, beat is hard. I like Game's flow, love Big Boi's verse.)
Hello (soft, soothing but a little out of place)
Born in the Trap (HARD BEAT, real good record)
California Dream (like the beat, content is cool, sample is ill)

Cut
Drug Test (beat, Dre's verses, everything about this song annoys me)
Red Nation (don't like how they used the sample, it doesn't hit for me)
All the Way Gone (songs is cool but another out of place R&B record and Wale earns a nomination for worst verse of the year, made the song unbearable)
Good Girls Go Bad (lyrics throughout this song are horrendous, Drake earns a nomination for worst verse on the album)
Paramedics (average record, Game emulates Jeezy like usual with all his features)

Ok
The Good, The Bad, The Ugly (song is worthless, beat is ok but the stuff he says is embarrassing)
Pot of Gold (generic, a forced deep song)
All I Know (another "deep record" should have been drunk for this record)
Mama Knows (song is decent, I feel like this one could grow on me over the next few plays)

This album by far exceeded my expectations (not that they were low considering game has ALWAYS came through on albums)

The thing that sticks out to me the most from this album is the production, not the beat selection but the cohesiveness of the album (until the lil R&B section towards the end). I think This is where L.A.X was kind of off and you can clearly hear that dre had a large part in this project. Goblin vs Martians is also one of the standout tracks but surprisingly game and tyler mesh together exceptionally well. 

Shoulda capped it at like 12, 13 tracks

The City
Martians vs Goblins
Red Nation
Good Girls Go Bad
Ricky
Heavy Artillery
Speakers on Blast
Hello
Pot of Gold
All I Know
Born in the Trap
Mama Knows
California Dream

keep or throwaway the skits n he good

Quick question, is there a deluxe edition for the Red Album or not?

I was holding off getting it from Amazon until the deluxe edition was available.

Originally Posted by toine2983

I was holding off getting it from Amazon until the deluxe edition was available.

No deluxe edition. Label wanted him to release only 12 songs, he added 5 more (17).

only disappointment i have for this album is there is no kanye produced song. game always had 'ye produce atleast 1 track for all his albums and they are all major
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

angel, dreams and wouldn't get far are one the best tracks of game's.

oh and for those who aren't feeling red nation, it will take awhile for that sample and beat to settle in. it took me about a week to actually appreciate that track and now it has like couple thousand plays on my ipod
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
lyrics on red nation is TOUGH

Originally Posted by Krazyrodzilla

No deluxe edition. Label wanted him to release only 12 songs, he added 5 more (17).
there is deluxe edition. 

Originally Posted by Ballerific703

Been playing this CD a few times through and it's solid, definitely better than L.A.X. Problem with this one is too many features, some are forced and out of place. Some of Game's rhymes are awful at times. Too many songs, needs to be shorter.

Standout
The City (love the sample, the beat, the aggression....easily one of Game's best songs)
Martians vs Goblins (I like Tyler's verse, reminds me of old Slim Shady content. Game was cool except for mimicking Tylers flow and lyrics)
Ricky (the beat is smoothing and Game is just rapping, feels like an interlude almost. Not too much but not too little)
Heavy Artillery (another solid beat, angry record overall)
Speakers on Blast (one of my favorites, beat is hard. I like Game's flow, love Big Boi's verse.)
Hello (soft, soothing but a little out of place)
Born in the Trap (HARD BEAT, real good record)
California Dream (like the beat, content is cool, sample is ill)

If there are seriously 8 true standout songs out of the 15 or 16 tracks on here, that's about 6 more than Watch The Throne had.

Originally Posted by K Town Trash

there is deluxe edition. 

Really? Which songs? In a interview he said it wasn't.

there is deluxe edition. 

the leak was deluxe edition which is 21 songs and im guessing standard edition will have those original 12 + skits that you mentioned. and there is an album cover for deluxe and standard edition. 

there is deluxe edition. 

the leak was deluxe edition which is 21 songs and im guessing standard edition will have those original 12 + skits that you mentioned. and there is an album cover for deluxe and standard edition. 
The 21 songs is the standard cd. However amazon and itunes have a bonus track "Basic Bitc*"

The 21 songs is the standard cd. However amazon and itunes have a bonus track "Basic Bitc*"
so why is there 2 covers? 

Can't even front, Game is a cornball to me but this album is very good. Has substance, great production, cohesive. IMO only about 3-4 skippable tracks thats pretty good for an album with 18 tracks.
Is it just me or does Born In The Trap beat reminiscent of Nas Is Like.... best beat i've heard from Premo in a minute.

Best track is clearly The City even after that felonious Top 5 claim from Game 

Originally Posted by iHust1e

I believe the 'Deluxe' cover is just a fan made cover.
I agree. Even if it is a legit cover, the photo must have been shot a while ago, as his red star tat is missing.
THEREDALBUMDELUXECOVER.jpg

the-game-worst-rap-tattoos.jpeg

Although I do kind of prefer it.

Originally Posted by NostrandAve68

Can't even front, Game is a cornball to me but this album is very good. Has substance, great production, cohesive. IMO only about 3-4 skippable tracks thats pretty good for an album with 18 tracks.

i agree with everything you said.   sad thing is he's actually a pretty good rapper to me, but all his little shennigans outside of rap are such a bad look to me.

Outside of Ricky & good girls go bad, i haven't listened to the album(tryna hold off until i buy it).

I must say tho, to see NT finally giving dude his props is a good look
pimp.gif

Back
Top Bottom