**Official Game Thread** New Album "Jesus Piece" out Dec. 11th!

Just heard the 500. Had a long drive home so I heard it all the way through. He went in at times. It was cool.

Watches video. Looks at Game's twitter.... He mad. 
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by tyisny

Born In the trap.... Sounds exactly like an old Nas track... This game solidified game for me

word...i had to go back and listen to Illmatic after giving that track a couple of spins

What did Cube actually do on the album? He's listed under additional vocals in the production credits, but I didn't hear his voice once.

[h1]Producer Mars Says Game's Next Album Will Have No Features Or Name-Drops[/h1]
by Steven J. Horowitz

posted August 22, 2011 at 6:56AM PDT | 23 comments

mars.jpg

The 1500 or Nothin' member explains that the two are hard at work on Game's last album for Interscope Records.

This past weekend, Game announced that he was already working on the follow-up to The R.E.D. Album, due in stores tomorrow (August 23rd), with 1500 or Nothin' producer Mars.According to the beatsmith, the Compton, California native is taking adifferent approach with his fifth and final album for InterscopeRecords, explaining that the LP will be devoid of guest features andname-dropping in Game's rhymes.

"Me and Game was in the studio yesterday," Mars told MTV's Mixtape Daily."We did two songs. That's coming along crazy. We're going to have nofeatures: It's just him rapping. No name dropping, no little thingspeople say is cliché about Game. It's just putting on the boxing glovesand going for what we know."

Mars, known for his previous production work with T.I. and Nelly, also serves as executive producer on R.E.D.,an honor that he didn't see coming. He says that he was given the titlebecause of "[Game] seeing that it wasn't about trying to get howevermany songs or just going up there and sending beats and just leave likeother producers would. I just wanted to be there every day to make surethere's input," he continued. "Even if it was songs I didn't produce, Imade sure I was vocal about it. He respected different things I wouldsuggest."

So is there no physical Deluxe edition of the album. I looked at Best Buy and Target ads and they only have a regular CD. iTunes has a "deluxe" but it just has one bonus track. Just curious if anyone has heard anything else about a deluxe physical copy. 

Album is too long, however its much better than I expected.
3.75/10

Good Tracks

The City

The Good, The Bad, The Ugly

Good Girl Go Bad

Ricky

Pot Of Gold

Born in the Trap

Mama Knows

Bad Tracks:

Martins and Goblins

Red Nation

All The Way Gone 
sick.gif

Seen some crazy comments...Album of the year? Game is good but he is desperate to hold on to his career. Dude borrowed so many flows on this LP its sad good production but dude killed his career still trying to do diss tracks in 2011

This album is average due to Game's inability to focus. The production is really good, but you can clearly tell that Game suffers from ADHD. When he's talking on the intro of 'Good Girls Gone Bad', you think it's about holding up women, loving them, etc. It all seems to line up, then Drake comes in raps about NOTHING close to the intro and then Game's last verse makes the song end up in another location. This dude can rap, but his music ability just isn't there. He's like the J.R. Smith of basketball rapping ...

Whoever A&Rs his projects must not give much of a $%$@#.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Krazyrodzilla

[h1]Producer Mars Says Game's Next Album Will Have No Features Or Name-Drops[/h1]
by Steven J. Horowitz

mars.jpg

The 1500 or Nothin' member explains that the two are hard at work on Game's last album for Interscope Records.

This past weekend, Game announced that he was already working on the follow-up to The R.E.D. Album, due in stores tomorrow (August 23rd), with 1500 or Nothin' producer Mars.According to the beatsmith, the Compton, California native is taking adifferent approach with his fifth and final album for InterscopeRecords, explaining that the LP will be devoid of guest features andname-dropping in Game's rhymes.

"Me and Game was in the studio yesterday," Mars told MTV's Mixtape Daily."We did two songs. That's coming along crazy. We're going to have nofeatures: It's just him rapping. No name dropping, no little thingspeople say is cliché about Game. It's just putting on the boxing glovesand going for what we know."

Mars, known for his previous production work with T.I. and Nelly, also serves as executive producer on R.E.D.,an honor that he didn't see coming. He says that he was given the titlebecause of "[Game] seeing that it wasn't about trying to get howevermany songs or just going up there and sending beats and just leave likeother producers would. I just wanted to be there every day to make surethere's input," he continued. "Even if it was songs I didn't produce, Imade sure I was vocal about it. He respected different things I wouldsuggest."

Game already anticipating a "R.E.D. album" flop?

Originally Posted by DipsetGeneral

Originally Posted by Krazyrodzilla

by Steven J. Horowitz

mars.jpg

Game already anticipating a "R.E.D. album" flop?
Base of the pre orders.........he'll be just fine. 

Originally Posted by illfrozn

This album is average due to Game's inability to focus. The production is really good, but you can clearly tell that Game suffers from ADHD. When he's talking on the intro of 'Good Girls Gone Bad', you think it's about holding up women, loving them, etc. It all seems to line up, then Drake comes in raps about NOTHING close to the intro and then Game's last verse makes the song end up in another location. This dude can rap, but his music ability just isn't there. He's like the J.R. Smith of basketball rapping ...

Whoever A&Rs his projects must not give much of a $%$@#.
laugh.gif
Damn, this is one of the most on-point analogies I've ever seen, no exaggeration 
laugh.gif

I'd be interested to hear a Game album with some focus, but as of now he's more into making "a collection of 15+ songs put onto a CD" rather than an "album."

Back
Top Bottom