Official "Going to Vegas in..." Vol. II "It was time"

Anyone have a list of hotels that offer room upgrades?

Example: Palms Place lets you pay an extra $50/night to upgrade from a standard 600 SF room to a 1200 SF one bedroom suite (depending on availability)

Any other hotels offer a similar deal? I'm not talking about a higher floor, view, etc. via "$20 trick." I'm talking about paying to get a bigger room.
The later on in the day you check in at the palms, the cheaper it is for the upgrade

I've done tables at 1OAK multiple times and it cracks.

Definitely not a lounge type atmosphere. Very high energy and decently sized.

I'd say 1OAK is probably the best open format club in Vegas right now.

If you've never been it's worth going one night to XS/Hakkasan/Light/Marquee. Hak and Marquee have hip h op rooms, admittedly small, if you can't handle the constant edm

1OAK is the **** man. Can't stress it enough to everyone. I prefer it over any other club in Vegas but that's just me.

I've done tables at 1OAK multiple times and it cracks.

Definitely not a lounge type atmosphere. Very high energy and decently sized.

I'd say 1OAK is probably the best open format club in Vegas right now.

If you've never been it's worth going one night to XS/Hakkasan/Light/Marquee. Hak and Marquee have hip h op rooms, admittedly small, if you can't handle the constant edm

1OAK is the **** man. Can't stress it enough to everyone. I prefer it over any other club in Vegas but that's just me.

The best time I've ever had at a Vegas club was probably earlier this year when I had a table there. I've done tables at XS, Marquee, Tao, Pure (in 06 when it was tier 1).

Pool parties >> nightclubs though IMO

got 4 people total going in August. any pool parties on sunday that have 500 minimums for 4 people? :nerd:

Hit up Zumanity at NYNY. Real good show for couples.

If you do the research, you can definitely find better steakhouses in Vegas. Unless you're really set on Morton's, then it's all good.

I'm looking for a dry aged porterhouse and the best crab cake I can find. Do you know of the "best" steakhouse there?

I'm looking for a dry aged porterhouse and the best crab cake I can find. Do you know of the "best" steakhouse there?

I've had CUT in Palazzo. AMAZING. I've had Morton's. IMO, they're a pretty good steakhouse too. but if you're gonna be in Vegas, I'm more inclined to try something that only in Vegas.

Always hear great things about Del Friscos and it's off-Strip, I believe.
Also always hear people hitting up N9NE, i think that's in Palms.

I've had CUT in Palazzo. AMAZING. I've had Morton's. IMO, they're a pretty good steakhouse too. but if you're gonna be in Vegas, I'm more inclined to try something that only in Vegas.

:smokin the cut is one of my favs...that wagyu straight from japan.

always this while Im on vacation.... i always wanna try things that i dont have in my area..

I heard they opened up a Joes Stone Crab inside the Caesars.  Def going to check that out next time im in Vegas.

ill be going to vegas for the first time in august. i wanna have fun but im not really into a lot of things that vegas has to offer like shows and clubs

im only going cause i got invited and i wanted see what it was all about. plus, i heard vegas has some great places to eat and i love trying new foods 

any suggestions for a first timer that really doesnt party hard?? kind of a contradiction, but im going either way 
ohwell.gif

After reading those, might as well call me the Bryon Russell of the group.

Last edited:
Whats the best place to book a room? Like website or go directly through the hotel?

I am going the weekend of September 27th - 30th for my birthday. Probably by myself. I am a big sports gambler and have been dreaming of going since I was 15...I think this is the year I'm finally going to do it

I use kayak, vegas.com, priceline, and the hotel website and look for the best deal. I also am on hotels e-mail lists to get those special deals.

Thanks man, have you ever used or heard of anyone using this Hotwire.com random price deal?

It says its a 5 star hotel, normally 257.00 a night, for 107.00 a night, but they don't tell you what hotel it is until after you pay...looks too good to be true?

Does it say location?

I've never heard of that deal.

I've used name your own price on priceline for 5 star north strip. Guaranteed to get Venetian/Palazzo or Wynn/Encore if bid is accepted

Thanks man, have you ever used or heard of anyone using this Hotwire.com random price deal?

It says its a 5 star hotel, normally 257.00 a night, for 107.00 a night, but they don't tell you what hotel it is until after you pay...looks too good to be true?

It might be Trump...

Back
Top Bottom