Official Green Lantern Movie Thread Vol. Updated (new clip!)

Originally Posted by EvansST

This will be the comic book movie of the summer...

eek.gif
eek.gif
pimp.gif

I dont understand why people decide to hate a movie before even giving it a chance.

And it looks like they redid the suit, it doesnt look at weird as it did when the first trailers surfaced.

Originally Posted by EvansST

This will be the comic book movie of the summer...

eek.gif
eek.gif
pimp.gif

I dont understand why people decide to hate a movie before even giving it a chance.

And it looks like they redid the suit, it doesnt look at weird as it did when the first trailers surfaced.

Originally Posted by illmaticsoulchild

Ryan Reynolds said:
This is the movie the fans want to see, we are going to deliver.

Green Lantern (2011)

TOMATOMETER

All: 20%

Average Rating: 4.5/10

Reviews Counted: 30

Fresh: 6 | Rotten: 24

Early reviews not looking so good, but I'm foolishly optimistic. 
ohwell.gif

goddammit green lantern...the future of DC comics movies is resting on your shoulders 
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif

Ryan Reynolds said:

Green Lantern (2011)

TOMATOMETER

ohwell.gif

goddammit green lantern...the future of DC comics movies is resting on your shoulders 
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif

this movie looks horrible

I suspect in 10 years we will look back at one of Hollywood's biggest box office bombs in history, thing cost $300 million dollars?!?!?

this movie looks horrible

I suspect in 10 years we will look back at one of Hollywood's biggest box office bombs in history, thing cost $300 million dollars?!?!?

ps- it isn't going to help that it is getting panned by critics right now 20% on Rotten Tomatoes...ouch 
laugh.gif

this got Batman and Robin written all over it

ps- it isn't going to help that it is getting panned by critics right now 20% on Rotten Tomatoes...ouch 
laugh.gif

this got Batman and Robin written all over it

20%  
eek.gif
.  I wonder if they're thinking of doing a re-boot before this one even releases.  
laugh.gif

The clip showing them in Oa does not look good to me.  Has the same look that the 3 recent Star Wars movies did.  All CGI and uninteresting looking.  They were probably better off just making a full computer animated movie or motion-capture one.  

20%  
eek.gif
.  I wonder if they're thinking of doing a re-boot before this one even releases.  
laugh.gif

The clip showing them in Oa does not look good to me.  Has the same look that the 3 recent Star Wars movies did.  All CGI and uninteresting looking.  They were probably better off just making a full computer animated movie or motion-capture one.  

Just reading Ryan Reynolds interview and saying he is a big comic book buff and then what he says about the character just gives me less hope. Sometimes, he just sounds full of s*** and I am a Reynolds fan.

Just reading Ryan Reynolds interview and saying he is a big comic book buff and then what he says about the character just gives me less hope. Sometimes, he just sounds full of s*** and I am a Reynolds fan.

Originally Posted by thegoat121886

Ryan Reynolds said:

Green Lantern (2011)

TOMATOMETER

ohwell.gif

mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif

i'm saying! this could very well be our iron man or could be our hulk.
tired.gif

Originally Posted by thegoat121886

Ryan Reynolds said:

Green Lantern (2011)

TOMATOMETER

ohwell.gif

mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif

i'm saying! this could very well be our iron man or could be our hulk.
tired.gif

RT's summary:
Noisy, overproduced, and thinly written, Green Lantern squanders an impressive budget and decades of comics mythology.

Ouch
30t6p3b.gif

I'll probably still see it to give it a chance, but I wasn't that optimistic from the get-go.

RT's summary:
Noisy, overproduced, and thinly written, Green Lantern squanders an impressive budget and decades of comics mythology.

Ouch
30t6p3b.gif

I'll probably still see it to give it a chance, but I wasn't that optimistic from the get-go.

problem with film critics and movie watchers these days is they want an epic story. everyone is looking for the next batman begins. whatever happen to fun comic movies? you know entertainment? everybody wants that punisher warzone/the color purple type hybrid movie...

Back
Top Bottom