Official Green Lantern Movie Thread Vol. Updated (new clip!)

problem with film critics and movie watchers these days is they want an epic story. everyone is looking for the next batman begins. whatever happen to fun comic movies? you know entertainment? everybody wants that punisher warzone/the color purple type hybrid movie...

Originally Posted by NobleKane

problem with film critics and movie watchers these days is they want an epic story. everyone is looking for the next batman begins. whatever happen to fun comic movies? you know entertainment? everybody wants that punisher warzone/the color purple type hybrid movie...

Not true. I felt that the first Iron Man movie was a solid movie, very well made, entertaining with a simple yet good story. It just followed the simple Iron Man story/beginnings. TDK was just on a whole another level.
 With this GL movie, it seems like they can't even follow a simple story that has been laid out to them. The writers and director just needs to follow and no diverge too much from the comic but they choose to do so for some reason. They are even changing the main characters personality and powers, I just don't get why they do that?

Movie would probably be better if they just follow this animated film for the most part.

2nUZM.jpg

Originally Posted by NobleKane

Not true. I felt that the first Iron Man movie was a solid movie, very well made, entertaining with a simple yet good story. It just followed the simple Iron Man story/beginnings. TDK was just on a whole another level.
 With this GL movie, it seems like they can't even follow a simple story that has been laid out to them. The writers and director just needs to follow and no diverge too much from the comic but they choose to do so for some reason. They are even changing the main characters personality and powers, I just don't get why they do that?

Movie would probably be better if they just follow this animated film for the most part.

2nUZM.jpg

They have soooooo much source material to be able to make a good movie so I don't know how you can blow this one. Reviews so far saying that this is terrible.

DC's gonna be in real trouble after TDKR,hopefully the Man of Steel is good. Other than their 2 biggest heros,DC doesn't seem able to make good movies with their other heroes.

Marvel on the other hand has been on a roll lately
pimp.gif

Guess I'll wait till this is on Netflix to watch.

They have soooooo much source material to be able to make a good movie so I don't know how you can blow this one. Reviews so far saying that this is terrible.

DC's gonna be in real trouble after TDKR,hopefully the Man of Steel is good. Other than their 2 biggest heros,DC doesn't seem able to make good movies with their other heroes.

Marvel on the other hand has been on a roll lately
pimp.gif

Guess I'll wait till this is on Netflix to watch.

^
What other movies have they made besides Superman and Batman movies?

The only ones I can think of are Watchmen, Catwoman, and Steel.  I thought Watchmen was very good and the other two movies most people wish never existed.

^
What other movies have they made besides Superman and Batman movies?

The only ones I can think of are Watchmen, Catwoman, and Steel.  I thought Watchmen was very good and the other two movies most people wish never existed.

^^^
In the past decade, Jonah Hex plus those you mentioned.

I liked Watchmen too but not too many people did.

DC does also have a hand in Constantine, V for Vendetta, League of Extraordinary Gentlemen, Stardust, The Losers, Red and the Spirit. Not to mention Road to Perdition and a History of Violence but those aren't exactly comic book-y movies.

DC hasn't really created a movie for much of their main heroes like Marvel did.

^^^
In the past decade, Jonah Hex plus those you mentioned.

I liked Watchmen too but not too many people did.

DC does also have a hand in Constantine, V for Vendetta, League of Extraordinary Gentlemen, Stardust, The Losers, Red and the Spirit. Not to mention Road to Perdition and a History of Violence but those aren't exactly comic book-y movies.

DC hasn't really created a movie for much of their main heroes like Marvel did.

Man after reading some of these reviews "son I'm dissapoint."

I'm still seeing it regardless.

I just hope The Flash doesn't forever get shelved and if they do decide to make it they should hire different writers.

Man after reading some of these reviews "son I'm dissapoint."

I'm still seeing it regardless.

I just hope The Flash doesn't forever get shelved and if they do decide to make it they should hire different writers.

just came back from a prescreening

this movie was really disappointing smh

terrible acting and the special effects/graphics were 
eyes.gif

just came back from a prescreening

this movie was really disappointing smh

terrible acting and the special effects/graphics were 
eyes.gif

man 200 million.... this film is definately gonna be hurting. they have a sequel already planned but i dont think the box office return is gonna make that happen...

man 200 million.... this film is definately gonna be hurting. they have a sequel already planned but i dont think the box office return is gonna make that happen...

I don't know why but I have no appeal to see this at all. It just looks corny. Those reviews aren't helping either.

I don't know why but I have no appeal to see this at all. It just looks corny. Those reviews aren't helping either.

I'm dumbing down my expectations for this film to Michael Bay proportions. Meaning I expect a great visceral experience with a flat story.
Ironically, from some of the reviews I've read, Reynolds is the lone bright spot in the film.

I'm dumbing down my expectations for this film to Michael Bay proportions. Meaning I expect a great visceral experience with a flat story.
Ironically, from some of the reviews I've read, Reynolds is the lone bright spot in the film.

I have a free ticket to use on a movie of my choosing. Is this even worth using it on?
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

I was looking forward to this movie so much
frown.gif

I have a free ticket to use on a movie of my choosing. Is this even worth using it on?
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

I was looking forward to this movie so much
frown.gif

Back
Top Bottom