Official Green Lantern Movie Thread Vol. Updated (new clip!)

I keep going back and forth on this. Then they bombed the game last night with commercials. Eughk. Pass.

I keep going back and forth on this. Then they bombed the game last night with commercials. Eughk. Pass.

Originally Posted by NobleKane

man 200 million.... this film is definately gonna be hurting. they have a sequel already planned but i dont think the box office return is gonna make that happen...
They aren't going to get half of that this weekend and with TF: DOTM coming out in a week and half, it won't crack anywhere near $200 mil in the States. This movie was destined to fail.

man 200 million.... this film is definately gonna be hurting. they have a sequel already planned but i dont think the box office return is gonna make that happen...
They aren't going to get half of that this weekend and with TF: DOTM coming out in a week and half, it won't crack anywhere near $200 mil in the States. This movie was destined to fail.

Originally Posted by Furrell

why so much? they gave this movie the superman budget and this is all they came up with
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Furrell

why so much? they gave this movie the superman budget and this is all they came up with
laugh.gif

Not sure if this movie is going to be worth watching. Need to read some reviews after it comes out.

Not sure if this movie is going to be worth watching. Need to read some reviews after it comes out.

Saw it, it was pretty bad. Corny and had no direction. With that being said, I liked it. It was entertaining for some odd reason. Reynolds was good, Strong was good and Hector Hammond had me laughing the entire time.

Budget is $200 million and it will EASILY pass $200 million worldwide. It's 3D and a summer release, people will see it. Not that I care, don't care if they do a sequel or not but they're hoping to do a trilogy I read.

Saw it, it was pretty bad. Corny and had no direction. With that being said, I liked it. It was entertaining for some odd reason. Reynolds was good, Strong was good and Hector Hammond had me laughing the entire time.

Budget is $200 million and it will EASILY pass $200 million worldwide. It's 3D and a summer release, people will see it. Not that I care, don't care if they do a sequel or not but they're hoping to do a trilogy I read.

I never liked DC Comics based films. This should be no different. Might as well watch The Green Hornet again.

I never liked DC Comics based films. This should be no different. Might as well watch The Green Hornet again.

Originally Posted by andy206

just came back from a prescreening

this movie was really disappointing smh

terrible acting and the special effects/graphics were
eyes.gif
This is a problem.
laugh.gif

At the end of the day movies like Transformers and Thor.....look good. If the special effects/CGI suck then this movie is doomed.

From the trailers, I feels as if the mental projections could have looked better. The green machine guns and other objects look REAALLY bad.

Originally Posted by andy206

just came back from a prescreening

this movie was really disappointing smh

terrible acting and the special effects/graphics were
eyes.gif
This is a problem.
laugh.gif

At the end of the day movies like Transformers and Thor.....look good. If the special effects/CGI suck then this movie is doomed.

From the trailers, I feels as if the mental projections could have looked better. The green machine guns and other objects look REAALLY bad.

I'm always at my best to try and look at all the upsides when watching any movie. And trust me, I like/appreciate almost anything. But this is probably the first time in a long time that I wasn't really captivated by a film.

Like I know most movies I see are rehashed versions of each other, but man I really felt like I've seen it before, some parts just drew me away from looking at the screen. Haven't felt like this in a theater since Alien vs. Predator
laugh.gif

Only a COUPLE parts I felt were awesome...I think the animated GL: First Flight was better than this.

But hey.... its a Summer Blockbuster = Go see it. - Blake Lively is niceeee in this one though and stay after the credits.

Ryan Reynolds should have ditched this and went straight into production on Deadpool. Visual director Tim Miller is making his feature debut on that one.

I'm always at my best to try and look at all the upsides when watching any movie. And trust me, I like/appreciate almost anything. But this is probably the first time in a long time that I wasn't really captivated by a film.

Like I know most movies I see are rehashed versions of each other, but man I really felt like I've seen it before, some parts just drew me away from looking at the screen. Haven't felt like this in a theater since Alien vs. Predator
laugh.gif

Only a COUPLE parts I felt were awesome...I think the animated GL: First Flight was better than this.

But hey.... its a Summer Blockbuster = Go see it. - Blake Lively is niceeee in this one though and stay after the credits.

Ryan Reynolds should have ditched this and went straight into production on Deadpool. Visual director Tim Miller is making his feature debut on that one.

It wasn't bad...wasn't great either.

Reynolds did a pretty good job actually, graphics could of been better though.

It wasn't bad...wasn't great either.

Reynolds did a pretty good job actually, graphics could of been better though.

Saw it last night, first time watching a 3D movie and it made the experience better, movie was ok, nothing great about it, dunno about all the hate Reynolds gets, I've liked dude since Van Wilder...his sense of humor is just too
laugh.gif
I thought the movie was gonna take a turn for the worst when he flew into his girls balcony as the green lantern and changed up his voice...but the fact that she recogniZed him and he turned it into a joke saved the movie for me
laugh.gif

I felt the movie was russssshhheedd and the last fighting scene was too easy, but all the weapons and objects he created were awesome...CGI could have been better, but it didn't bother me as much.

Spoiler [+]
I wouldn't mind seeing a sequel with Sinistro as the yellow lantern going up against Reynolds

Saw it last night, first time watching a 3D movie and it made the experience better, movie was ok, nothing great about it, dunno about all the hate Reynolds gets, I've liked dude since Van Wilder...his sense of humor is just too
laugh.gif
I thought the movie was gonna take a turn for the worst when he flew into his girls balcony as the green lantern and changed up his voice...but the fact that she recogniZed him and he turned it into a joke saved the movie for me
laugh.gif

I felt the movie was russssshhheedd and the last fighting scene was too easy, but all the weapons and objects he created were awesome...CGI could have been better, but it didn't bother me as much.

Spoiler [+]
I wouldn't mind seeing a sequel with Sinistro as the yellow lantern going up against Reynolds

Back
Top Bottom