OFFICIAL GSWARRIORS 2012 SEASON THREAD.

Tyson Chandler is not worth that kind of money, I don't care what anyone says.

The only thing that would justify that type of contract for him is if it lures CP3 to us.

Dang, dont know how I feel about this either.  Thats a %!%*%#*@ of money for a player who has had injury problems in recent years. 

What do you expect though? You're trying to lure a player into a team that's known to lose, you're bound to overpay.
I like the thought of having TC here, but personally, I'm still against all CP3 rumors.

I understand the concept - as witnessed by the Giants over the years.

However, this move on the surface seems stupid.

We don't even know the amensty rules and this deal is coming off the heels of David Lee's contract. They're not doing anything to gain my confidence in their FO even with Rowell gone.

$60M for a dude whose missed a ton of time! Don't get me wrong, he was legit in the playoffs, but we're NOT that contender and probably wouldn't be until the last year of his contract....so great.

Whether Chandler accepts that deal or not, I think overpaying for free agents is something we have to get used to. Oakland is rarely ever an attractive place for a player and even though with the new ownership and new staff, Warriors still haven't proved anything.

Kind of the same thing with the Giants. Offensive free agents don't want to come here because their power numbers would fall, so what would the Giants have to do? Overpay.

i think if he chooses new york instead it will be a blessing in disguise. maybe then they will try and sign nene which i would prefer....

Whoa, luckily the knicks came in and 1 upped the Warriors
pimp.gif

[h3]Warriors Not Expecting Chandler To Sign, Will Likely Turn To Nene, Jordan[/h3]
Dec 08, 2011 1:47 PM EST

Chandler_Tyson_dal_110527.jpg
The Warriors believe that they are all but out of the hunt for Tyson Chandler, according to sources.

The Knicks quickly emerged as the leading contender for Chandler on Thursday.

Golden State is expected to look elsewhere.

The Warriors could look to Nene, or Sam Amick reports that DeAndre Jordan would be in play.

Read more: http://basketball.realgm.com/wireta...Will_Likely_Turn_To_Nene_Jordan#ixzz1fyFBWHIU

Interesting...Read somewhere that one reason they tried to get TC was to land CP3 (reuniting the two)...Hopefully this puts an end to all CP3 rumors too.

Hoping NY gets Chandler so the Warriors can focus their attention on the younger, cheaper option in Jordan.

Originally Posted by FRANCHISE 55

Originally Posted by JumpmanFromDaBay

Please Get Nene
Pass for what he's going to get paid. Not a good rebounder, doesn't protect the rim.
so who sould we get? we need rebounding badly. im sure i can take another year of getting smashed on the glass

$60 million over four years. 15 mill a year = no thanks. I think Chandler has two good years left. (he did come out of high school)
Let the knicks over pay him. We will be smiling if he becomes James Jones/Eddy Curry part 3.

we still need an upgrade center. Three best centers still available.
- Jordan
- Nene
- Dalembert

worst case: Joel Przybilla AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH (please no)

I would go for Jordan over Nene. Jordan is a better shot blocker but much less proven than Nene. I'd go for Jordan at ~ 11 million a year. It's a lot, I wonder if the clips would match?

Or, we wait till next year and throw the bank at Hibbert.

Also:
Source: Tayshaun Prince stays a Piston

Tayshaun Prince will be returning to the Detroit Pistons after reaching agreement on a $27 million, four-year contract, a league source told ESPN The Magazine's Ric Bucher.

Well there goes that option. Warriors are quickly getting left in the dust.

DONT SIGN ANYONE!!!!!

Trade for Paul.

Trade for Howard.

Build around them.

Championship.

Spoiler [+]
Or lets be a borderline playoff team for the next decade. Your choice.

^Who cares? Like I have said before, CURRENTLY, we are far closer to square 1 than a championship anyways. Just f****** go for it!!

Originally Posted by dland24

^Who cares? Like I have said before, CURRENTLY, we are far closer to square 1 than a championship anyways. Just f****** go for it!!

Sarcasm?

Originally Posted by DownyBoy

Originally Posted by dland24

Sarcasm?

Sarcasm?  No not in the slightest bit.

With Curry and the way this team is currently constructed (and just for s**** and giggles, lets say + DeAndre Jordan), this team is closer to being the worst team in basketball than the champion.

So if you take a calculated risk, it doesnt work out and we are back at square 1, why should that matter?  We arent that far away from square 1 to begin with.  But we are a hell of a distance away from being the champs.  Although a risk, making this (these) moves gets us exponentially closer to a title than doing nothing. 

It's good to see Lacob and company putting an effort in making the Warriors a better team. I say grab Jordan and call it a day. Let the team play together under Jackson and if the results are the same then make the moves. What's another year of disappointment. The team played good for some parts but I guess they were worn out down the stretch. The shortened season could prove beneficial to our younger core.

Back
Top Bottom