OFFICIAL GSWARRIORS 2012 SEASON THREAD.

I hope we get Jordan too. I haven't really seen Jordan play but I'm assuming he's better than Beans at any point.

btw anyone seen Curry's interview yesterday? dude definitely looks bigger (pause), says he put on 10 lbs.

A deal to get Jordan without having to amnesty Biedrins. Interesting. Atleast we'll have some size up front with Jordan. Hopefully he becomes a key signing for the W's.

Warriors also signed Edwin Ubiles, Chris Wright, and Gary Flowers to the roster. Haven't heard anything about either of these people.

Do you guys think Klay Thompson or even Tyler will have a role with this team, other than bench warmer?

He's a freak athlete. I'm down. We need a shot blocker like him. It'd be an aggressive/risky move; however, we gotta make moves like that to get to the next level. Only the powerhouse teams can play it safe. That said: I hope the clips don't match.

Him & Biedrins playing at the same time: I wonder what that would look like. Could be one of the dominant front courts in the NBA. honestly, I hope Andris pulls himself together and becomes a 14 & 9 guy for us. He has all the tools to do it, just not the fire, I guess.

DeAndre could be a 10 pts/ 10 rbs/ 2 blks player for us, establishing a presence down low.

C- Jordan/ Biedrins/ Admundson/ Tyler
PF- Lee/ Biedrins/ Ekpe/ Admundson
SF- Wright/ Thompson/
SG- Ellis/ Thompson
PG- Curry/ Jenkins/ Bell?

If we sign Jordan, Tyler will get very little burn. (not necessarily a bad thing as a big man, bulk up/what not)

Thompson on the other hand, we will need him to play ~15 minutes if we don't sign anybody else. We are very thin behind Ellis and Wright.

why in the world would Jordan and Beans play at the same time? those two are a liability on offense especially Beans. and how would those two equal one of the dominant front courts in the NBA? Beans is as soft as Charmin. and Beans having "all the tools to do it"? you can't be serious, dude has one move down low and can't shoot FTs to save his life or anyone's for that matter.

I know it's your opinion and everything but please have some common sense and act like you've watched a basketball game before.

Ekpe playing small forward?
laugh.gif
He's a 4/5, not a 3/4

I do agree that Jordan/Beans could be a decent center rotation for us, especially if Beans grows a pair (probably not). They would never be on the court at the same time though.

Originally Posted by dont be a menace

why in the world would Jordan and Beans play at the same time? those two are a liability on offense especially Beans. and how would those two equal one of the dominant front courts in the NBA? Beans is as soft as Charmin. and Beans having "all the tools to do it"? you can't be serious, dude has one move down low and can't shoot FTs to save his life or anyone's for that matter.

I know it's your opinion and everything but please have some common sense and act like you've watched a basketball game before.
laugh.gif
 deep breath brutha/ I think you're underestimating Biedrins. If he can tap into the where he was three years ago, I think he could be a 14 & 8 & 1.8 guy for us. He has the tools. Not many dudes are that big and mobile.
I honestly have no idea what Jordan and Biedrins would look like on the floor together, but hell, i'm curious. Biedrins is not a bad shot blocker himself and Jordan could guard the quicker PFs. Defensively, that front court intrigues me. 
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

^ Defensively, Biedrins and Jordan will clog up the lane and change/block a lot of shots, but the problem is their offense. These 2 basically have zero offensive game and both are a liability when it comes to that.

25802nt.png

fyi

no paul, no chandler, and now, no Jordan:

The Los Angeles Clippers plan to match the Golden State Warriors' offer sheet of four years and $40 million for center DeAndre Jordan, a league source said, a move that will practically force starting center Chris Kaman to seek a trade elsewhere, according to a second source.

A salary averaging $10 million annually is a breathtaking leap for a second-round pick who averaged seven points and seven rebounds last season -- Jordan's third in the NBA, for which he made less than $900,000.

It's also an extraordinary expenditure by normally tight-fisted owner Donald Sterling for a second-round pick.

Not really since Kaman will officially be on the block now. Nice try though!
Also, any trade involving CP3 means losing Eric Gordon and we'll respectfully pass on that.

found this on realgm
SYDNEY centre Julian Khazzouh produced another powerhouse display butit wasn't enough as the Townsville Crocodiles beat the Sydney Kings80-69 tonight.

Khazzouh scored 17 points, collected 16 boardsand swatted four blocks but didn't get enough help from his teammatesin Townsville yesterday.

It was Khazzouh's second dominant display in a week and should fill him with confidence as he flies out to the US today for a tryout with the Golden State Warriors NBA side. He is not likely to miss an NBL game.

On Thursday, Khazzouh logged 20 points, 21 boards and four blocks in a 107-103 overtime home win against Adelaide.

Knicks Working On Crawford Sign-And-Trade With Hawks, Warriors
Dec 11, 2011 11:37 AM EST

The Knicks are seeking a three-team sign-and-trade to acquire Jamal Crawford, according to a source. The Hawks and Warriors are also in the talks.

One source put the odds of a deal being consummated at better than 50 percent.

Crawford may be able to sign for a deal that puts his annual salary at over $5 million.

Read more: http://basketball.realgm....s_Warriors#ixzz1gFYzf31u

Originally Posted by mjshoefanatic

Also, any trade involving CP3 means losing Eric Gordon and we'll respectfully pass on that.

What depth do you have at PF/C once Kaman is gone?
Who backs up Griffin at his point?  And is there even a back-up center on the roster?

Originally Posted by What up

Originally Posted by mjshoefanatic

What depth do you have at PF/C once Kaman is gone?
Who backs up Griffin at his point?  And is there even a back-up center on the roster?
UFA's Kris Humphries, Leon Powe, Ryan Hollins, Nazr Mohammed or Kurt Thomas just to name a few.
I'd take any of those guys over watching Kaman schlep the entire season.
sick.gif
30t6p3b.gif

Right now all we have is Craig Smith and Brian Cook.
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom