OFFICIAL GSWARRIORS 2012 SEASON THREAD.

pimp.gif

Court Report: Stephen Curry has a plan; is Dwyane Wade next?
By Matt Buser

The much-anticipated "plan" for how the Warriors will handle Stephen Curry and his recurring ankle problems amounted to a cursory Tuesday press release. Team doctors and Curry's surgeon confirmed that he has no structural damage, he will continue treatment and rehab, and will be cleared to play after he passes a functionality test on his right ankle. The fact that he doesn't need more surgery is a positive, but we'll have to see what specific details emerge in regards to how rigid of a test he'll need to pass to be back on the court, because he's clearly having serious functionality issues in the present. Nate Robinson is the add in competitive standard and deeper leagues - he's averaged 29 minutes over the past two games, despite joining the Warriors just days prior to his first appearance. Dorell Wright, Klay Thompson, and Brandon Rush will continue to split additional minutes on the wing based on who has the hot hand, relatively speaking.

[h2]Warriors center Andris Biedrins to make his return against Dwight Howard[/h2]
Warriors center Andris Biedrins has had a sprained right ankle and infected toe.

Biedrins may have an even bigger role than usual as backup center Kwame Brown missed Wednesday’s practice with a right shoulder injury and will have an MRI before the game.

Brown, who injured his shoulder on a hard foul of Udonis Haslem with 6:12 remaining in regulation of Tuesday's overtime win against Miami, didn't practice and will have an MRI exam before deciding if he can play.

Read more: http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2012/01/11/SP3T1MO5FD.DTL#ixzz1jGZPDe3i
http://blog.sfgate.com/wa...n-against-dwight-howard/

Warriors Center Kwame Brown To Undergo Surgery

Results of an MRI performed yesterday on Golden State Warriors center Kwame Brown revealed a torn pectoralis major (the large chest muscle that attaches to his right shoulder), which will require him to undergo surgery within the next few days, the team announced today. The surgery, which has not yet been scheduled, is expected to keep him out for a minimum of three months.

“Obviously, we’re very disappointed, especially for Kwame, who was playing extremely well and had worked diligently since his arrival,

That's some horrible luck right there, I'm sorry but I couldn't help but laugh after hearing he'd need surgery. It's quite messed up. Played nine games and he'll get seven more million in his pocket.

The way he plays angers me so damn much...He falls from a flop and doesn't get up while his teammates are fighting for the defensive rebound.

Then decides to get up...And all he does is extend an arm. This guy runs so damn slow too.

The money isn't even a concern or should factor in Kwame, the Warriors had to spend it anyway so it was what it was. I was no fan, but he was certainly bringing something defensively we poorly needed. He even caught some passes I for sure thought he'd drop/miss.

The fact that they want to get better is always refreshing. The David Lee deal, the amnestying Charlie Bell to acquire Tyson Chandler/DeAndre Jordan to solidify the Warriors championship front court is really wow. Are these not Corey Maggette deals all over again? They might not be THAT bad, but they aren't moves that would have made this team any better than a 7-8 seed and they would have this team with no 1st round pick or any cap space. I'll always support the team because the players aren't the people running the team, but it's hard to believe that they'll get any better.
I guess we could use Mark Cuban as an example, how long it took him to finally win the championship, but I wouldn't put Lacob on any level close to him. 

On my way to the game. Just found out about Kwame. That's horrible. I thought he had a dislocated shoulder which would be an easy fix hopefully guess not. We get 1 big coming back tonight but to lose Kwama right before we face D12 that's just bad luck.

Back
Top Bottom