OFFICIAL GSWARRIORS 2012 SEASON THREAD.

No, I'm with you in principle. DLand's basis for his argument is as it stands now, we're way closer to the bottom than the top. 8th seed isn't %*+#. Therefore, take a chance to make a huge impact.

That impact isn't Tyson Chandler.

That impact isn't DeAndre Jordan.

That impact isn't Nene.

The impact would be grabbing someone like CP3 (though, I do have my aprehensions which are contigent on what the package we give up includes is). The impact would be going after another elite player. Those are bold moves showing our cards on the table that we're serious about winning and willing to go for it.

Again, I see what you're saying, but it really depends on how it's done. Curry, as much as I do like him, he's not a once in a lifetime player. He's good and can be a cornerstone piece with the right players, but no one should be untradeable on our team.

Lazy is on board too?
pimp.gif

Beer.jpg

Reading back the last couple of pages it's amazing to me to see how many guys are "championship or bust" as if a lowly 7th or 8th seed is somehow beneath a team that's managed such an accomplishment just once in the last decade and a half.
laugh.gif

Maybe I'm a lone on this but consistently being a playoff team year after year regardless if it's as a 8th seed or not would be better to me than the 2000's.

Looks like Clippers will most likely match any offer for Jordan. With Caron signing on the Clippers I can see why they would retain him. We might be below the Clips in the standings this year.
frown.gif

Originally Posted by B Town Legend

Reading back the last couple of pages it's amazing to me to see how many guys are "championship or bust" as if a lowly 7th or 8th seed is somehow beneath a team that's managed such an accomplishment just once in the last decade and a half.
laugh.gif

Maybe I'm a lone on this but consistently being a playoff team year after year regardless if it's as a 8th seed or not would be better to me than the 2000's.
If you really read the last few pages, the only thing amazing is how you came to the conclusion you did.

No one said we are "beneath the 7th or 8th seed."  No one said "championship or bust."  All a few of us said or alluded to is that if we ever HOPE to win a championship, it will NOT be with the team we currently have.  So why not take a chance?  I mean, the ultimate goal is to win a title right? 

If you are happy with AT MOST a 7 or 8 seed year after year, then I am happy for you.

Originally Posted by thapointguy

Looks like Clippers will most likely match any offer for Jordan. With Caron signing on the Clippers I can see why they would retain him. We might be below the Clips in the standings this year.
frown.gif

bfe15f69a6b6fa20a2956815c5e1a03ffcddf92.gif

Should be a good game on x-mas vs you guys.

Originally Posted by mjshoefanatic

frown.gif

pimp.gif
pimp.gif

No need to pay top dollar for a mediocre player.

Originally Posted by mjshoefanatic

^So tell your FO to back off DeAndre Jordan

I wish I could.  If they listened to me, we would have traded for Chris Paul and amestied David Lee.  #sportsorgasm

Even if have CP3 instead we would still be mediocre at best with our terrible bigs. Then he leaves for NY and we are back to 20 wins a year.

Originally Posted by dland24

Lazy is on board too?
pimp.gif

Beer.jpg
Add me to this list.  I feel we don't have a franchise player so being able to get one and see how it goes is worth the risk to me.  It's not often we have a chance to really grab a franchise guy.  Curry is good but I just don't see him ever becoming a "franchise" player.

Consistent 7th and 8th seed playoff appearences screams Cohan to me. Doing JUST enough to milk some more revenue but yet, not putting any more into the product to get over the hump.

On the polar opposite, you have a guy like Lacob who for better or worse is promising big things and spending....my fear is their ability to do it wisely. I'm defintely down for an owner who wants to spend to win, though...

So...What if the Warriors get neither Jordan, Nene, or Dalembert? Is Joel Pryzbilla really the last viable option? And is Greg Oden or Brandon Roy staying with the Blazers?

Saw Marcus Thompson tweet this earlier as an idea. Why not call Memphis' bluff and offer a big contract to Marc Gasol. Seems harmless since they already have Rudy Gay's fat contract on their books. There's nothing to lose if Memphis matches then fine and if they don't then we now have a low post player.

frown.gif

ive watched every clipper game last season. I think deandre jordan is overrated. hes a very athletic big but lacks in skill...

Originally Posted by NobleKane

frown.gif

ive watched every clipper game last season. I think deandre jordan is overrated. hes a very athletic big but lacks in skill...
your clippers fan too?
laugh.gif
roll.gif
 root for the whole division why dont you
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by JumpmanFromDaBay

frown.gif

your clippers fan too?
laugh.gif
roll.gif
laugh.gif

you try too hard loser. quit stalking me

Originally Posted by JumpmanFromDaBay

your clippers fan too?
laugh.gif
roll.gif
laugh.gif

you try too hard loser. quit stalking me
im trying hard at all. its easy actually. stalking you? your in the Warriors season thread
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom