Official: GTA VI Thread: Trailer 1 Out Now: PS5 Series X & Series Confirmed: Tentative Release Window Fall 2025

Will you buy GTA V For PS4 OR XBOX ONE

• Yes: I waited out and skipped GTA V For PS3 & XBOX 360

Votes: 24 16.3%
  • Yes: I love the game and will be gladly double dip on the game

Votes: 105 71.4%
  • No: I'm waiting for the PC version of the game to come out

Votes: 9 6.1%
  • No: I hated GTA Online and will never trust R* again

Votes: 7 4.8%
  • No: GTA games aren't my type of games and I'll stick to other games like COD: AW, Assassins Creed Un

Votes: 4 2.7%

• Total voters
You MIGHT be able to play gtav via gaikai, but that releases in 2014.
And I highly doubt that they'll have gtav that early in gaikai's life cycle.

Just cop a cheap *** ps3 and use it play gtav and any other ps3 games you didn't get into.

No kidding. I found a good a deal on mine searching on craig's list. ONLY $100 with two controllers and all the cables.

....wut?
Expect it in 5-7 years.

That would be GTA VI.

Seriously.I don't see R* porting GTA V over to the next gen consoles just to make more money off it.

Look at the recent news that they re registered website domains for Agent and Bully.

Those are the first 2 games from R* that will be out on PS4 and Xbone.

Last edited:
I would much rather have them remaster Vice City then SA. GTA V is going to just be a much better version....

You can't do to Vegas in V, correct?

....wut?
Expect it in 5-7 years.
That would be GTA VI.

Seriously.I don't see R* porting GTA V over to the next gen consoles just to make more money off it.

Look at the recent news that they re registered website domains for Agent and Bully.

Those are the first 2 games from R* that will be out on PS4 and Xbone.
That's what I meant.

rockstar ported Bully to next gen consoles so I don't see why it would be a leap to suspect that they MIGHT do that with gtav.

But I wouldn't bet on it.

I thought the driving mechanics in gtaiv was solid, I had pretty good handles and could swing any car.

Hopefully they fix the rag doll physics
Naw they were just fine.

One of the funniest things in gta4 was to jump out of a heli and see how far you can skid across the floor.

Hoping that you didn't die in the process.

Last edited:
I give about 2 days before you're bored to tears by it.
true.  It becomes extremely repetitive quickly.  I had such high hopes for that game.

I'd love to see another game from R* from the cops perspective something like, you'd get to choose how to proceed on missions/case that would make you a good cop or a rogue one base on how you play the game

L.A. Noire is not as bad some NT'ers make it out to be.

Just don't go into playing the game expecting it to be similar to GTA because R* published the game.In fact the main development team & studio who made L.A. Noire is Team Bondi who R* since has cut ties with.

Last edited:
It's not that LA Noire is bad. It's just that once you've played the first mission, you've played all the missions.

Last edited:
GTA 5 writer explains the decision to develop for current gen consoles

With all this bold talk about the story, Houser was a lot more conservative in his talk with Famitsu when it came to hardware. The editor Houser spoke with was a little surprised that GTA 5 wasn't coming out for the console generation after the current one, something the Rockstar creative director brushed off. "Rockstar is a content company, not a hardware company," he said. "We use the technology we have to create content, and we try not to let ourselves get beholden to the hardware. The fact that hardware's so mature right now is exactly why we're able to go on to the next level. GTA 4 was our first attempt at a new platform and HD visuals, so the first part of development was seriously difficult. Now we know what the hardware's capable of, so it's become a lot easier to move things along and a lot more fun, too. GTA: San Andreas came out at the peak of the PlayStation 2's cycle, and we put out a really good game thanks to that. All the best games for a console come out at the end of the lifecycle, right? So now's the best timing of all."

Link:

http://www.polygon.com/2012/11/14/3...-decision-to-develop-for-current-gen-consoles

Take-Two: New GTA every two years would degrade series value

Take-Two Interactive has explained why it does not release a new Grand Theft Auto game every two years. Speaking during the Wedbush Transformational Technologies Conference this week, chief operating officer Karl Slatoff explained doing so would degrade the franchise's value.

"Often times people ask us 'Why don't you come out with Grand Theft Auto every two years?' To us, that doesn't make sense, because Grand Theft Auto, every single time it comes out, is a brand new experience. You can't possibly do that in two years. And if we did that, our product would fatigue and the franchise would degrade from a value perspective."

Slatoff's comments match up with Rockstar North developer Leslie Benzies, who said in November that the company could develop a new GTA title every year, but won't.

"We could easily have churned out a new version year after year without really progressing as a franchise, but if we did that, eventually the fans would lose interest," he said at the time.

Link:

http://www.gamespot.com/news/take-two-new-gta-every-two-years-would-degrade-series-value-6404967

Simply put Take 2 and R* haven't and have no plans on being like Activision or EA where they re hash their yearly big money maker games with Call Of Duty, Battlefield, and Madden.

Last edited:
true.  It becomes extremely repetitive quickly.  I had such high hopes for that game.

I'd love to see another game from R* from the cops perspective something like, you'd get to choose how to proceed on missions/case that would make you a good cop or a rogue one base on how you play the game

You need to play "True Crimes: Streets of LA", it wasn't a R* game and it was on PS1 but the bolded sums up the game

You need to play "True Crimes: Streets of LA", it wasn't a R* game and it was on PS1 but the bolded sums up the game
loved True Crime, had it on the Gamecube. I think the gta series would be funner if they focused more on fighting like in TC

Back
Top Bottom