Official Halo 3: ODST Thread --- Prepare to drop Sep 22.

got this game for $30
pimp.gif

So...anybody wanna Firefight in a few? I haven't played it yet, but I'm willing to jump straight into themultiplayer if anyone's willing. Update the thread and let me know so I can sign on if anyone wants to play.

GT: King Lincey

Originally Posted by Fear The Ibis

So lemme get this straight.............it has the exact same multiplayer as halo 3?
It's two disks.

Disc 1 contains the all-new campaign and the NEW multiplayer mode, Firefight.
Disc 2 contains EVERY map ever released for the previous Halo 3 plus 3 new ones.

I answer your question?

Originally Posted by IM A HELION

So lemme get this straight.............it has the exact same multiplayer as halo 3?
It's two disks.

Disc 1 contains the all-new campaign and the NEW multiplayer mode, Firefight.
Disc 2 contains EVERY map ever released for the previous Halo 3 plus 3 new ones.

I answer your question?

So if I have halo 3 and don't give a darn about campaign there's really no need to buy this then? $60 just for 3 new maps and a firefight mode?

The multiplayer gameplay aside from firefight is the same then? Just the addition of the 3 maps?

Pissed cause I already have all the maps except for the 3 on teh second disc and now I have to play $60 to get 3 maps...And as of right now they not allowingthem to be DLC. They only on the 2nd disc. SMH @ Bungie/Microsoft

So if I have halo 3 and don't give a darn about campaign there's really no need to buy this then? $60 just for 3 new maps and a firefight mode?

The multiplayer gameplay aside from firefight is the same then? Just the addition of the 3 maps?
You got it. And nerds can now get their beloved Recon armor.

I'm glad I haven't purchased any of the Halo3 maps or else it would've been a waste, but I'm trying to hop on some Firefight later.GT in thesig.
nerd.gif

Hmm I don't know about this one. I've watched a few reviews and it looks great but for 60 bucks......I dunno if it is worth it. I had the impressionthat ODST was gonna have some new multiplayer deathmatch type features using these recon dudes and their skills. I'm not sure where I got that from butfirefu\ight doesn't seem like it is enough.

I won't pay 60 for it....especially with all this heat droppin' this season

Ehhh I copped... I know I'll play campaign 2-3 times.. I've played the halo 3 campaign so much to get all the acheivements... plusI hear firefight isnice

how is the campaign and firefight mode? i may just hold off on this till xmas or sumtin. im really interested in modern warfare 2.

games alright, just beat it on normal since this is the first halo game i played (i just got an xbox recently) and the story is ehh.. could been more done toit.. but if you've got friends that got it, i guess firefight makes it worth it... its cool, just make sure you got friends or else you won't be ableto really enjoy it since there is no match up or lobbies.. overall i'd give this game a 6 out of 10

The game is a glorified expansion but is well done. I beat it on heroic last night in about 6.5 hours. There was never really an epic boss fight moment in thegame but the storytelling was top notch. There's some interesting story info for Halo geeks and I enjoyed the open environments a lot. The weapon balanceand feeling of vulnerability really stood out in this game. You can't just run up to 4 dudes and expect to murk them like the Master Chief. You have to bea lot more tactical. The music in this game is easily the best composed of any of the halo games. Overall if this game was a $40 expansion I would give it a9/10 but as it stands at 50 bucks (Amazon) I give it a 8.5-8.8 without having to jump into firefight. I really don't care for Halo3 multiplayer (I'm abig COD4 junkie) so the added maps do nothing for me. Hopefully I can try firefight out tonight.

Originally Posted by HybridSoldier23

The game is a glorified expansion but is well done. I beat it on heroic last night in about 6.5 hours. There was never really an epic boss fight moment in the game but the storytelling was top notch. There's some interesting story info for Halo geeks and I enjoyed the open environments a lot. The weapon balance and feeling of vulnerability really stood out in this game. You can't just run up to 4 dudes and expect to murk them like the Master Chief. You have to be a lot more tactical. The music in this game is easily the best composed of any of the halo games. Overall if this game was a $40 expansion I would give it a 9/10 but as it stands at 50 bucks (Amazon) I give it a 8.5-8.8 without having to jump into firefight. I really don't care for Halo3 multiplayer (I'm a big COD4 junkie) so the added maps do nothing for me. Hopefully I can try firefight out tonight.
Pass me those maps then...

Back
Top Bottom