Official Headphones Thread. Vol. Beats by Dr. Dre Headphones The Best?

yeah, i've been off the shoe thing for a minute now.

all i want to keep are my DS retro black/red IVs (90s retros, not the @!** they did a couple years ago)

Originally Posted by bijald0331

But seriously, only 1 alternative? And it's Bose? I'm trying to be eclectic here!!
Sorry to quote myself. I just spent a half hour looking around on head-fi forums. Here are my choices and please help me decide. (that means you, MMN)

Audio Technica M50- 

Denon D1000-  

Bose AE2-   

I'm torn between 1 and 2 tbh. The Bose set has received some good reviews, even from people on Head-Fi (
eek.gif
).

nerd.gif

But seriously, only 1 alternative? And it's Bose? I'm trying to be eclectic here!!
Sorry to quote myself. I just spent a half hour looking around on head-fi forums. Here are my choices and please help me decide. (that means you, MMN)

Audio Technica M50- 

Denon D1000-  

Bose AE2-   

I'm torn between 1 and 2 tbh. The Bose set has received some good reviews, even from people on Head-Fi (
eek.gif
).

nerd.gif

I bought the AE2s yesterday, maybe I need to break them in but I'm not impressed. I liked the sound better on my Solos. They sound ATROCIOUS on my iPod, not bad on the MBP though.

They are a lot more comfortable then the Solos though.

Originally Posted by Cragmatic

Audio Technica M50- 

Denon D1000-  

Bose AE2-   

eek.gif
).

nerd.gif

I bought the AE2s yesterday, maybe I need to break them in but I'm not impressed. I liked the sound better on my Solos. They sound ATROCIOUS on my iPod, not bad on the MBP though.

I have the Audio Technica ATH-M50's (I'm actually listening to them right now) and they're amazing. I've had them for about two years now and they still sound good as new. Well, maybe not 100% new but they're about an 8.5/10 after all the use I've got out of them. They're great for listening to just about any sort of music (especially if you like bass-heavy tunes). The only *minor* issue is that they might feel a little tight around the jawline just under the ears but that could also just depend on the shape/size of your head. Other than that, I definitely recommend them. They're very durable, not too clunky and massive like some other audiophile headphones and they're pretty affordable.

Originally Posted by NayokoChan

Originally Posted by mondaynightraw

Denon

THIS. I tried the Denon Ah-D7000 a few years ago at a headphones/electronics store (not B&H) and it was like a legit eargasm. But the price is
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif

Get the 5000's supposedly after the 5000 the return is really diminished which is the case with most of the more expensive cans where you really need a quality system to bring that out.

Originally Posted by NayokoChan

Originally Posted by Cragmatic

Audio Technica M50- 

Denon D1000-  

Bose AE2-   

eek.gif
). 
nerd.gif

I have the Audio Technica ATH-M50's (I'm actually listening to them right now) and they're amazing. I've had them for about two years now and they still sound good as new. Well, maybe not 100% new but they're about an 8.5/10 after all the use I've got out of them. They're great for listening to just about any sort of music (especially if you like bass-heavy tunes). The only *minor* issue is that they might feel a little tight around the jawline just under the ears but that could also just depend on the shape/size of your head. Other than that, I definitely recommend them. They're very durable, not too clunky and massive like some other audiophile headphones and they're pretty affordable.
Just bought the ATH-M50s from B&H for 109 shipped. Could not find the Denon's anywhere for a reasonable price. I'm going to be eclectic very soon. 
smokin.gif

Can someone help me out...

AKG 701's or 702's???

And if so, can you explain why. Thanks.

Is the only difference between the two the color? Because the 701's cost more.

Anyone have a suggestion for sport-style headphones? I need some for the gym, my earbuds wont stay in my ears
30t6p3b.gif

Originally Posted by SJSneakerheadIII

Can someone help me out...

AKG 701's or 702's???

And if so, can you explain why. Thanks.

Is the only difference between the two the color? Because the 701's cost more.

i think they're almost the same.... google it or read on hi-fi

amazon gonna have a sale for senneheisers HD555 for under 100 in like 8 hours, so keep your heads up.

Does anyone have the Sennheiser MM50 iP in-ear headphones or has anyone tested them out?  I ended up pulling the trigger on the Monster Turbine from Amazon since they went down to about $58, but after reading reviews on the Sennheisers I think I made the wrong decision, especially since Amazon has the Sennheisers for about $35 
30t6p3b.gif
.  Hopefully someone can comment on the quality and performance of the Sennheisers 
nerd.gif

Originally Posted by Degenerate423

Does anyone have the Sennheiser MM50 iP in-ear headphones or has anyone tested them out?  I ended up pulling the trigger on the Monster Turbine from Amazon since they went down to about $58, but after reading reviews on the Sennheisers I think I made the wrong decision, especially since Amazon has the Sennheisers for about $35 
30t6p3b.gif
.  Hopefully someone can comment on the quality and performance of the Sennheisers 
nerd.gif
Here's a short review from Head-Fi:

AppleApple Dual Driver vs. Sennheiser mm50 ip vs. Etymotic hf2

Sennheiser mm50 ip:
I had high hopes for these actually. Especially based on the reviewover at headphoneinfo.com; truth be told I was actually rooting forthese guys before I even started the listing critically as they weremore comfortable and discreet than the others.

I don't know what to say other than bass is noticeably over-emphasized.So much so that almost across the board it was incredibly distracting,and had a terrible tendency to crowd out the mid-range. Highs wereaccentuated a bit, but they'd have to be to overcome the flubby basspresentation. It was hard to gauge staging and separation as a resultof this as well.

Other than comfort the only other seriously redeeming quality of theseIEM's compared to the others was that people could hear me most clearlyon the Mic when making calls on my iPhone. I would actually probablypurchase another set of Sony EX81's before sticking with the mm50 ip's;unless I decided I desperately needed a mic, and Apple had neverproduced their own premium set of IEM's.

Looks like you're better off with the Turbines.

My girl just bought me the Klipsch S4 image joints. I hope they are as good as people say they are.

-The Juice

Originally Posted by Rap Sizzle

Sennheiser mm50 ip:
I had high hopes for these actually. Especially based on the reviewover at headphoneinfo.com; truth be told I was actually rooting forthese guys before I even started the listing critically as they weremore comfortable and discreet than the others.

I don't know what to say other than bass is noticeably over-emphasized.So much so that almost across the board it was incredibly distracting,and had a terrible tendency to crowd out the mid-range. Highs wereaccentuated a bit, but they'd have to be to overcome the flubby basspresentation. It was hard to gauge staging and separation as a resultof this as well.

Other than comfort the only other seriously redeeming quality of theseIEM's compared to the others was that people could hear me most clearlyon the Mic when making calls on my iPhone. I would actually probablypurchase another set of Sony EX81's before sticking with the mm50 ip's;unless I decided I desperately needed a mic, and Apple had neverproduced their own premium set of IEM's.

Looks like you're better off with the Turbines.

I was basing the Sennheiser's off of the review at headphoneinfo also, and some reviews from Amazon, but this is definitely reassuring me I made the right decision
laugh.gif
pimp.gif
.  Thanks!

Originally Posted by CaptinStabbin

My girl just bought me the Klipsch S4 image joints. I hope they are as good as people say they are.

-The Juice
They are amazing.
Don't buy into th DRE hype, save your self hundreds of dollars.

Last few pairs of earphones I used were the Shure e3c and e4c...looking to upgrade again, any suggestions?

I don't want any over-ear headphones, and I'd say the most I'm willing to spend would be about $150

Originally Posted by Mez 0ne

Originally Posted by CaptinStabbin

-The Juice
They are amazing.
Don't buy into th DRE hype, save your self hundreds of dollars.
for real, the klipsch are awesome. hell they even sound better than the tours and many other expensive in-ears at less than half the price.

Originally Posted by grittyman20

Last few pairs of earphones I used were the Shure e3c and e4c...looking to upgrade again, any suggestions?

I don't want any over-ear headphones, and I'd say the most I'm willing to spend would be about $150

the e4c is a 150 earphone so anything in that price range is more a side grade than an upgrade
i am a etymotic fanboy so I recommend the er4s or er4p but if you are a bass head kind of guy then its not for you.

Back
Top Bottom