**Official Heat Games Thread: 2010-2011 REG. SEASON ENDING (58-24)**Heat fam, check-in 1 last time!!

I mess with all Miami teams and fans, but a lot of y'all are embarrassing. Dudes are talking about firing coach Spolstra and trading Bosh. REALLY... after 9 games everyone is ready to jump ship. A couple years ago we won 15 games and dudes is complaining about a 5-4 record? Some dudes in here must have never watched a full season of basketball EVER. Teams have ups and downs. This team is still finding its way.

But I get it, South Florida is a football town so I guess people are confused about the scheduling. So allow me to remind you... ITS AN 82 GAME SEASON!!!! Its a marathon, not a sprint... The team is built to win CHAMPIONSHIPS. The team hasn't even played 10 games yet. Hell, 1 quarter of the season hasn't even passed yet.

To the people that are saying we suck and we need to fire the coach aren't real Miami Heat fans. Lebron, Wade, and Bosh all signed 6 YEAR CONTRACTS!!! Again, its not a sprint, its a marathon. The team WILL get better, they WILL make the playoffs, and they WILL be contending for a championships. Point blank.

Shoutout to all the REAL Miami Heat fans. Look forward to seeing y'all at the games and hearing REAL opinions about the games.

I mess with all Miami teams and fans, but a lot of y'all are embarrassing. Dudes are talking about firing coach Spolstra and trading Bosh. REALLY... after 9 games everyone is ready to jump ship. A couple years ago we won 15 games and dudes is complaining about a 5-4 record? Some dudes in here must have never watched a full season of basketball EVER. Teams have ups and downs. This team is still finding its way.

But I get it, South Florida is a football town so I guess people are confused about the scheduling. So allow me to remind you... ITS AN 82 GAME SEASON!!!! Its a marathon, not a sprint... The team is built to win CHAMPIONSHIPS. The team hasn't even played 10 games yet. Hell, 1 quarter of the season hasn't even passed yet.

To the people that are saying we suck and we need to fire the coach aren't real Miami Heat fans. Lebron, Wade, and Bosh all signed 6 YEAR CONTRACTS!!! Again, its not a sprint, its a marathon. The team WILL get better, they WILL make the playoffs, and they WILL be contending for a championships. Point blank.

Shoutout to all the REAL Miami Heat fans. Look forward to seeing y'all at the games and hearing REAL opinions about the games.

laugh.gif
ive been saying fire spo... wade was the one carrying the team.. have we not seen the plays? give the ball to wade and get the *@*# out of the way?

do you guys see what beasley is doing right now in minny?.. beasley could never get consistant min, never really ran plays for him, just iso.... the kid needed to get a feel for the game.. but every time he srewed up a little he got benched...

arroyo over chalmers?...

someone mentioned that wade and lebron could run a pick and rolll all day long... why in the hell we aint doing it... i think that lebron and bosh really want pat as the coach but wade wants spo becuse it seems like he is more laid back...

laugh.gif
ive been saying fire spo... wade was the one carrying the team.. have we not seen the plays? give the ball to wade and get the *@*# out of the way?

do you guys see what beasley is doing right now in minny?.. beasley could never get consistant min, never really ran plays for him, just iso.... the kid needed to get a feel for the game.. but every time he srewed up a little he got benched...

arroyo over chalmers?...

someone mentioned that wade and lebron could run a pick and rolll all day long... why in the hell we aint doing it... i think that lebron and bosh really want pat as the coach but wade wants spo becuse it seems like he is more laid back...

There is a couple things I saw that the Heat can improve upon throughout the season after watching the first 9 games...

1. Transition Defense: there is still a lot of miss-communication on the defensive end while the offense is in transition. Good teams with good point guards will continue to pick us apart if its not tightened up

2. Continuity on Offense: The Heat players don't know their roles. Without players knowing their role, star players are not able to flow with the game. It creates too much thinking. The game needs to be fluid, not mechanical.

3. Paying attention to detail: There were too many little mistakes that cost the Heat the last two games. Free throws is a big one. We have to knock down free throws when the game is on the line. Big Z needs to set legal picks, he's gotten waaay too many offensive fouls on illegal pics so far this season. And last but not least, cutting down on turnovers. Wade and Lebron need to stop turning the ball over, period.; whether it be throwing bad passes or drawing offensive fouls.

4. Rebounding: All of our players are solid rebounders in their perspective positions, but there is no reason to continually get manhandled on rebounds. Its almost like the Heat are too aggressive on the boards. I've seen numerous plays where 2 or 3 Heat players are all battling for the ball only to have someone from the opposite team end up with the rebound. We need to work on boxing out and timing on the boards.

There is one last thing I want to address and that is Back court play...

So far the Heat have Arroyo as their starting PG with Chalmers coming off the bench. A lot of people seem to think Arroyo needs to be benched and is basically useless. But at the end of the day the Heat have a rotation of play makers that run the point throughout the game. LeBron actually runs the point 70% of the time. That position is the least if our worries in my opinion. Wade, LeBron, Arroyo, Miller, and Chalmers can all bring the ball down and run point. All we need Arroyo and Chalmers to do is limit turnovers, get the ball to the open player, and knock down open shots. THAT'S IT. We don't need a PG who dominates the ball like CP4 or Darren Williams.

There is a couple things I saw that the Heat can improve upon throughout the season after watching the first 9 games...

1. Transition Defense: there is still a lot of miss-communication on the defensive end while the offense is in transition. Good teams with good point guards will continue to pick us apart if its not tightened up

2. Continuity on Offense: The Heat players don't know their roles. Without players knowing their role, star players are not able to flow with the game. It creates too much thinking. The game needs to be fluid, not mechanical.

3. Paying attention to detail: There were too many little mistakes that cost the Heat the last two games. Free throws is a big one. We have to knock down free throws when the game is on the line. Big Z needs to set legal picks, he's gotten waaay too many offensive fouls on illegal pics so far this season. And last but not least, cutting down on turnovers. Wade and Lebron need to stop turning the ball over, period.; whether it be throwing bad passes or drawing offensive fouls.

4. Rebounding: All of our players are solid rebounders in their perspective positions, but there is no reason to continually get manhandled on rebounds. Its almost like the Heat are too aggressive on the boards. I've seen numerous plays where 2 or 3 Heat players are all battling for the ball only to have someone from the opposite team end up with the rebound. We need to work on boxing out and timing on the boards.

There is one last thing I want to address and that is Back court play...

So far the Heat have Arroyo as their starting PG with Chalmers coming off the bench. A lot of people seem to think Arroyo needs to be benched and is basically useless. But at the end of the day the Heat have a rotation of play makers that run the point throughout the game. LeBron actually runs the point 70% of the time. That position is the least if our worries in my opinion. Wade, LeBron, Arroyo, Miller, and Chalmers can all bring the ball down and run point. All we need Arroyo and Chalmers to do is limit turnovers, get the ball to the open player, and knock down open shots. THAT'S IT. We don't need a PG who dominates the ball like CP4 or Darren Williams.

@ YoungTriz

I like the idea of more pick and roll offense. I think Spo' will implement it somewhere down the line. We got killed by in all of our losses. If we can't beat em join em.

But I totally disagree with you about Spolstra being fired. The last 2 years we made it to the playoffs with a crappy team and Wade. Beasley just wasn't a good fit for our system point blank. He's not a blue collar type player at all. By blue collar I mean a player who scraps and hustles on every play. He lacks basketball IQ and doesn't know how to stay involved in the game if he's not scoring.

Now if the Heat are 22-22 down the line with all the talent we have, by all means... Get his butt outta here LOL

BTW I was tripping about Bosh getting 13 rebounds a game. He'll finish averaging about 6-7. This is what happens when you're hopped up on Nyquil and its late...

@ YoungTriz

I like the idea of more pick and roll offense. I think Spo' will implement it somewhere down the line. We got killed by in all of our losses. If we can't beat em join em.

But I totally disagree with you about Spolstra being fired. The last 2 years we made it to the playoffs with a crappy team and Wade. Beasley just wasn't a good fit for our system point blank. He's not a blue collar type player at all. By blue collar I mean a player who scraps and hustles on every play. He lacks basketball IQ and doesn't know how to stay involved in the game if he's not scoring.

Now if the Heat are 22-22 down the line with all the talent we have, by all means... Get his butt outta here LOL

BTW I was tripping about Bosh getting 13 rebounds a game. He'll finish averaging about 6-7. This is what happens when you're hopped up on Nyquil and its late...

Haslem is so consistent .... definitely improved that 15 foot jumper to where its almost automatic

Haslem is so consistent .... definitely improved that 15 foot jumper to where its almost automatic

Back
Top Bottom