**Official Heat Games Thread: 2010-2011 REG. SEASON ENDING (58-24)**Heat fam, check-in 1 last time!!

Animal Thug letting go of the hate
laugh.gif

Im typing this from my phone, so bear with me... But people really need to put things into perspective. The
Miami Heat are 8-6. With everything put aside an 8-6 record in the first month of an NBA season should probably mean that the team is playing a little better than average. But because of inflated expectations people are COMPLETELY overeacting.

Let's focus on the facts to get a better view on The Heat's 8-6 record...
1. LeBron James, D. Wade, and Bosh's are playing inconsistently
2. The Miami Heat are struggling rebounding
3. Injuries have had a large impact on the rotation
4. 4. Coach Spo' is a great coach who has lead 2 bad Heat teams to the playoffs
5. As for our "weak" fan base.... As someone has stated we're top 5 in attendance.

Moving forward....
1. The Heat have acquired Dampier who can help out on the boards.
2. D. Wade can and will bounce back from his terrible play
3. LeBron and Bosh will get acclimated to the new system and will play more consistent basketball
4. People will continue to hate the Heat as long as they know they are a good team

Im typing this from my phone, so bear with me... But people really need to put things into perspective. The
Miami Heat are 8-6. With everything put aside an 8-6 record in the first month of an NBA season should probably mean that the team is playing a little better than average. But because of inflated expectations people are COMPLETELY overeacting.

5. As for our "weak" fan base.... As someone has stated we're top 5 in attendance.

Moving forward....
3. LeBron and Bosh will get acclimated to the new system and will play more consistent basketball
4. People will continue to hate the Heat as long as they know they are a good team

Originally Posted by SpottieOttie305

Hell the Nuggets are 8-6 and people are acting like the sky is falling in Denver and national sports outlets have indicated that it's Carmelo Anthony's contract situation is a huge distraction, blah, blah, blah. The Nuggets have been missing 2 key big men due to injury. So basically, the reaction to the Heat's struggles isn't really far off from the norm.  I think the "complete overreaction" came in the form of ESPN's Heat Index, predictions of a 72+ win season, claims that LeBron would finally average that triple-double (even though he hasn't even been close to a double-double), expectations of multiple championships, and, quite possibly worst of all, the claim that Chris Bosh is a "superstar."

As for attendance, I don't care what the numbers say, the "attendance" is pathetic. They might be top 5 in "peak" attendance in quarters 2+3, but in the quarters where the team needs them most (1+4), the fans aren't there physically. I believe my eyes over a few turnstile/box office numbers. Even coming out of half-time, it seems to take longer for the seats to fill back up. And why would a team that is top 5 in attendance make a promotion telling their base to "FAN UP!"?  Hmmmm... 

Hell the Nuggets are 8-6 and people are acting like the sky is falling in Denver and national sports outlets have indicated that it's Carmelo Anthony's contract situation is a huge distraction, blah, blah, blah. The Nuggets have been missing 2 key big men due to injury. So basically, the reaction to the Heat's struggles isn't really far off from the norm.  I think the "complete overreaction" came in the form of ESPN's Heat Index, predictions of a 72+ win season, claims that LeBron would finally average that triple-double (even though he hasn't even been close to a double-double), expectations of multiple championships, and, quite possibly worst of all, the claim that Chris Bosh is a "superstar."

As for attendance, I don't care what the numbers say, the "attendance" is pathetic. They might be top 5 in "peak" attendance in quarters 2+3, but in the quarters where the team needs them most (1+4), the fans aren't there physically. I believe my eyes over a few turnstile/box office numbers. Even coming out of half-time, it seems to take longer for the seats to fill back up. And why would a team that is top 5 in attendance make a promotion telling their base to "FAN UP!"?  Hmmmm... 

Moving forward....
lebron has been the most consistent player in terms of production. what he needs to do is get that fg% up and reduce the TOs. dude has scored 20 pts 9 straight games, longest streak in the L

Moving forward....
lebron has been the most consistent player in terms of production. what he needs to do is get that fg% up and reduce the TOs. dude has scored 20 pts 9 straight games, longest streak in the L

wouldnt it be crazy if the heat hired jeff van gundy to take over...? i mean crazy on so many levels..

and i dont like the dampier move. guy is garbage. he does rebound though. i mean as if shaq didnt have enough of a motive as is...the return of ericka dampier? shaq must be salivating right now...

wouldnt it be crazy if the heat hired jeff van gundy to take over...? i mean crazy on so many levels..

and i dont like the dampier move. guy is garbage. he does rebound though. i mean as if shaq didnt have enough of a motive as is...the return of ericka dampier? shaq must be salivating right now...

Originally Posted by DsLee559

This is a very interesting team to watch. I believe that someone, either Coach Spo, Riley, or the players them selves, have to make it clear that either LeBron or Dwyane is the number one option.
At times, it seems as if one or the other plays with flashes of hesitancy.

I have to be honest and say that I thought maybe the two can switch roles from game to game, but that doesn't seem to be working.
I also have to be honest and say that I enjoy watching this team struggle because it is reassuring to know that this league,
and the results of the games played in it, isn't driven by the personal accomplishments of the names on the back of the jerseys;
but instead driven by the hard work of the TEAM names on the front.

In conclusion, I would also love to see this team lift the the Larry O'Brien trophy come June with tears flowing down from their eyes.
However, right now I want to see true sacrifice and hunger from the Heat camp.
I want to see them want it more than every team they face every night, and not underestimate ANY opponent.
Just like with every potential championship team in this league,
I want to see this team EARN the right to be considered the best basketball team in the world.

Until then I must again admit that, though I don't wish for them to perform poorly,
I enjoy watching this team struggle and continue to develop.
laugh.gif

I have to be honest and say that you need to relax and take a deep breath.  There's no need to be fighting all these emotions as a Heat fan.  I know being a sports fan is serious business, but c'mon man.

Originally Posted by DsLee559

This is a very interesting team to watch. I believe that someone, either Coach Spo, Riley, or the players them selves, have to make it clear that either LeBron or Dwyane is the number one option.
At times, it seems as if one or the other plays with flashes of hesitancy.

I have to be honest and say that I thought maybe the two can switch roles from game to game, but that doesn't seem to be working.
I also have to be honest and say that I enjoy watching this team struggle because it is reassuring to know that this league,
and the results of the games played in it, isn't driven by the personal accomplishments of the names on the back of the jerseys;
but instead driven by the hard work of the TEAM names on the front.

In conclusion, I would also love to see this team lift the the Larry O'Brien trophy come June with tears flowing down from their eyes.
However, right now I want to see true sacrifice and hunger from the Heat camp.
I want to see them want it more than every team they face every night, and not underestimate ANY opponent.
Just like with every potential championship team in this league,
I want to see this team EARN the right to be considered the best basketball team in the world.

Until then I must again admit that, though I don't wish for them to perform poorly,
I enjoy watching this team struggle and continue to develop.
laugh.gif

I have to be honest and say that you need to relax and take a deep breath.  There's no need to be fighting all these emotions as a Heat fan.  I know being a sports fan is serious business, but c'mon man.

Moving forward....
We'll take it one at a time:

1. True, because there isn't an alpha dog established between Wade and Lebron, and Bosh gets punked anytime someone puts a body on him.
2. They didn't bother to get anyone who could grab more than a couple rebounds per game...you know, cause they spent all their money on the big three.
3. Go and cry to the Blazers about injuries, they're 8-6 as well...and in a better conference.
4. I don't blame Coach Spo at all...and leading a bad team to the Eastern playoffs recently doesn't mean much. You don't need 50 wins like the WC.
5. I destroyed the attendance argument in another thread. It's all relative. If you look at Sonics' attendance from the first KeyArena season to the last, you'd think they have a garbage fan base, based on how the NBA calculates it.

1. Okay, cool, you replaced your best rebounder with a 35-year-old vet. I'm sure the Noah's, Love's and Howard's of the world are freaking out.
2. Oh, I know he can bounce back...but at the cost of Lebron not contributing as much
3. What system? The "hey-give-that-guy-the-ball-and-let's-see-what-happens" system? Sounds like Cleveland, except in Miami there's one other guy to defer to.
4. I'm gonna do a weird analogy here: remember in Aladdin, when Jafar wished to be the Most Powerful Genie in World? Well, that's what the Heat brought on themselves. They wanted a power trio, and they get everything that comes with it. It's not just hate. They get every opponent's best shot, night in and night out. So how good are they really if they can't even get up for the challenge?

Moving forward....
We'll take it one at a time:

1. True, because there isn't an alpha dog established between Wade and Lebron, and Bosh gets punked anytime someone puts a body on him.
2. They didn't bother to get anyone who could grab more than a couple rebounds per game...you know, cause they spent all their money on the big three.
3. Go and cry to the Blazers about injuries, they're 8-6 as well...and in a better conference.
4. I don't blame Coach Spo at all...and leading a bad team to the Eastern playoffs recently doesn't mean much. You don't need 50 wins like the WC.
5. I destroyed the attendance argument in another thread. It's all relative. If you look at Sonics' attendance from the first KeyArena season to the last, you'd think they have a garbage fan base, based on how the NBA calculates it.

1. Okay, cool, you replaced your best rebounder with a 35-year-old vet. I'm sure the Noah's, Love's and Howard's of the world are freaking out.
2. Oh, I know he can bounce back...but at the cost of Lebron not contributing as much
3. What system? The "hey-give-that-guy-the-ball-and-let's-see-what-happens" system? Sounds like Cleveland, except in Miami there's one other guy to defer to.
4. I'm gonna do a weird analogy here: remember in Aladdin, when Jafar wished to be the Most Powerful Genie in World? Well, that's what the Heat brought on themselves. They wanted a power trio, and they get everything that comes with it. It's not just hate. They get every opponent's best shot, night in and night out. So how good are they really if they can't even get up for the challenge?

Originally Posted by TraSoul82

Pretty sure those attendance numbers are just in terms of  tickets sold to the game, not people who actually showed up.

Originally Posted by TraSoul82

Pretty sure those attendance numbers are just in terms of  tickets sold to the game, not people who actually showed up.

Moving forward....
Excellent Post Sir

Moving forward....
Excellent Post Sir

Originally Posted by rawjs

Moving forward....
Excellent Post Sir

pimp.gif
 Spoken with perfect clarity.. Well said

Back
Top Bottom