Official Heat vs Celtics Thread. The Wagon Lives On. Choo Choo!

Originally Posted by chitown4eva

Originally Posted by Seymore CAKE

This thread is absolutely disgusting... I'm a Bulls fan through & through and don't root for any other squad in the league but I love watching LeBron play and root for him. Nolan has stated somthing in this thread and on this site countless times, and it couldn't be closer to the truth, when you watch him you are witnessing greatness/you're witnessing history.  You've had to the opportunity to watch the next GREAT evolve and grow with each magnificient performance, and you don't even realize it. I mean people criticize him for not getting past orlando but he averaged 40, 8, & 8 for the entire playoff series. Its sad that people don't even understand how crazy those stats are because he has the ability to do it regularly.
30t6p3b.gif

If we can't win it all I'd want them to win, even though I loathe The ({}), because I $@#! with and respect Bron's game that much.  People are going to look around and his career will be finished and it will finally hit them how special his game was, and that's sad.
Yeah that was incredible.

I can't speak for other people but the reason why I was rooting against LeBron before the season started was because of two things..

1. How he disrespected Cleveland with the whole presentation of his "decision."

2. He forgo any chances of being known as the greatest basketball player ever.

Those numbers that I highlighted in your post cake proved to me that LeBron, at that point in his career, was on his way to becoming better than Jordan. I felt that I was witnessing greatness to another level because I grew up watching Jordan play. I don't remember Jordan ever putting (he probably had) 37 10 10 (something similiar) on back to back nights in the playoffs. When he decided to leave Cleveland I was disappointed because he didn't want to become the greatest anymore. I believed that he was selling his talent short and just settling. Also I still remembered that performance from the playoffs the year before when it looked like he just quit on his team.

Then it was the "decision." That was horrible because it made LeBron look like a selfish jerk and just disrespected the Cleveland organization.

After I heard about how much the media was ripping him and just making it seem like he's not even as good as Troy Murphy I had to cheer for him. As was explained in this thread it just made more sense for him to leave. Between the organization not getting him any true help, Delante smashing his mom, and 7 years of not winning a championship it made sense for him to leave now while still in his prime to win some rings.

Even though in my eyes he will never be better than Jordan he can still be known as a great player.

Sidenote: Bulls got Scottie Pippen through the DRAFT not in free agency. Pippen was developed into a great player. He wasn't already one.

Originally Posted by OneTrust

Originally Posted by DubA169

Im surprised there isn't more talk in here about Delonte and Bron hugging after the game.
what, you never hugged your father?

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

That's a good one.

On the real though, I thought i'd see more signs of "beef" in this series between them but they just seemed cordial.  
well i figure thats just lebron realizing that his mom has her own life and she can choose who she wants to see. at the time it probably did @!+! with his head because he find out his boy was bangin his mom but shes a grown woman she can do what she wants. it takes two to tangle...

Originally Posted by DubA169

Im surprised there isn't more talk in here about Delonte and Bron hugging after the game.
what, you never hugged your father?

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

That's a good one.

On the real though, I thought i'd see more signs of "beef" in this series between them but they just seemed cordial.  
well i figure thats just lebron realizing that his mom has her own life and she can choose who she wants to see. at the time it probably did @!+! with his head because he find out his boy was bangin his mom but shes a grown woman she can do what she wants. it takes two to tangle...

Originally Posted by YoungTriz

MyToasterstrudel is up there too with all this #6 stuff... hasnt shown his face around here yet...

hes prolly been on the suicide hotline for the last 19 hours
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by YoungTriz

MyToasterstrudel is up there too with all this #6 stuff... hasnt shown his face around here yet...

hes prolly been on the suicide hotline for the last 19 hours
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Tunnel Vision

Originally Posted by sickickz23

Originally Posted by cartune

Didnt MJ show similar emotion after finally beating Detroit?

lol not like Lebron. Unlike him, he saved his true emotions once he won his first.
Bull....MJ celebrated like crazy when he beat Cleveland in the first round....
LOL at the Lebron defenders. Obviously, if the original queston was Cleveland instead of Detroit, I wouldn't responded. Plus those were two different scenarios. If Lebron hit a buzzer beater, in game 7 at boston, then yeah, go crazy. Try again.

Originally Posted by Tunnel Vision

Originally Posted by cartune

Didnt MJ show similar emotion after finally beating Detroit?

lol not like Lebron. Unlike him, he saved his true emotions once he won his first.
Bull....MJ celebrated like crazy when he beat Cleveland in the first round....
LOL at the Lebron defenders. Obviously, if the original queston was Cleveland instead of Detroit, I wouldn't responded. Plus those were two different scenarios. If Lebron hit a buzzer beater, in game 7 at boston, then yeah, go crazy. Try again.

Originally Posted by f3DJam

Few things.

The game was sick. King James with the dagger 3s
pimp.gif
 and the dunk and layup after were just disrespectful
sick.gif

If the bulls make it past atlanta, I cant wait to see them get exposed. I dont dislike the bulls or rose. But some dudes are taking it too far, theyre not that good. Probably will get swept.

And whats this talk about a certain way to build a team? You guys serious? You better be glad for the cap or the richest owner would be winning year in year out.

Is trading and signing players bad now? That deserves an asteriks? Dudes are lame.

What do you want from bron? He cant win in most eyes. Takes the shot=shouldve passed. Passes the ball=has no heart. Stays and loses on a garbage team=hes not great. Leaves to WIN (THE POINT OF THE GAME)=quitter.
Man you cats are losers. Just enjoy witnessing history
pimp.gif

care to make a wager Lebron stan?

Originally Posted by f3DJam

Few things.

The game was sick. King James with the dagger 3s
pimp.gif
 and the dunk and layup after were just disrespectful
sick.gif

If the bulls make it past atlanta, I cant wait to see them get exposed. I dont dislike the bulls or rose. But some dudes are taking it too far, theyre not that good. Probably will get swept.

And whats this talk about a certain way to build a team? You guys serious? You better be glad for the cap or the richest owner would be winning year in year out.

Is trading and signing players bad now? That deserves an asteriks? Dudes are lame.

What do you want from bron? He cant win in most eyes. Takes the shot=shouldve passed. Passes the ball=has no heart. Stays and loses on a garbage team=hes not great. Leaves to WIN (THE POINT OF THE GAME)=quitter.
Man you cats are losers. Just enjoy witnessing history
pimp.gif

care to make a wager Lebron stan?

Originally Posted by EvansST

I can't speak for other people but the reason why I was rooting against LeBron before the season started was because of two things..

...this again?

- i admit it may not have been the best way to do it. but why do people act like LeBron sat in a big office chair like Mr. Burns fingers folded and devised some scheme to embarass his old team?

....'The Descision' was such a big thing, with so many entities involved (NBA, ESPN, Vitamin Water) it seemed like once it got started it was like a runaway train. im sure second thoughts were had by LBJ but by that time it was too late.

...to YOU.

- its comments like these that help me understand how every NBA generation has its die hard fans that simply refuse to acknowledge the next era. anyone remember that webpage dedicated to hating every fiber of MJ because of that fans love for Dr. J?

...i myself HATE Kobe. but i have never tried to take away his acomplishments, im just ready for his time to be over
laugh.gif

LeBron will be what LeBron will be and there's NOTHING any of us can do about it. if ESPN and the NBA decide he's the greatest ever? then guess what everyone else is going to say?
wink.gif

...this again?

- i admit it may not have been the best way to do it. but why do people act like LeBron sat in a big office chair like Mr. Burns fingers folded and devised some scheme to embarass his old team?

....'The Descision' was such a big thing, with so many entities involved (NBA, ESPN, Vitamin Water) it seemed like once it got started it was like a runaway train. im sure second thoughts were had by LBJ but by that time it was too late.

...to YOU.

- its comments like these that help me understand how every NBA generation has its die hard fans that simply refuse to acknowledge the next era. anyone remember that webpage dedicated to hating every fiber of MJ because of that fans love for Dr. J?

...i myself HATE Kobe. but i have never tried to take away his acomplishments, im just ready for his time to be over
laugh.gif

LeBron will be what LeBron will be and there's NOTHING any of us can do about it. if ESPN and the NBA decide he's the greatest ever? then guess what everyone else is going to say?
wink.gif

wink.gif

The Decision was a bad move. It will forever haunt him. ESPN and the NBA can crown him the greatest and the sheep will follow. My opinion is the only one that matters to me the most, not the media. And my opinion is that he's a great, talented, and athletically gifted player playing second fiddle to Wade's team. Greatest #2. Better than Pip, better than McHale, better than Worthy, etc. If Wade retires, let's see how LBJ steps up.

Again, just how i see it. If it pisses off the Lebron stans then
laugh.gif

wink.gif

The Decision was a bad move. It will forever haunt him. ESPN and the NBA can crown him the greatest and the sheep will follow. My opinion is the only one that matters to me the most, not the media. And my opinion is that he's a great, talented, and athletically gifted player playing second fiddle to Wade's team. Greatest #2. Better than Pip, better than McHale, better than Worthy, etc. If Wade retires, let's see how LBJ steps up.

laugh.gif

seasoned vet wrote:

...this again?

I'm over it and was over it once the season started and in the end that made him look bad.

..to YOU.

laugh.gif

wink.gif

I agree with this.

seasoned vet wrote:

...this again?

I'm over it and was over it once the season started and in the end that made him look bad.

..to YOU.

laugh.gif

wink.gif

I agree with this.

wink.gif

laugh.gif

......oh i get it completely. my thing is that stance (sounds like to me) will only hurt you more than them in the process .

- i have a female friend with the same mentality and also will find any and every thing wrong with LeBron......and i tell her. you may as well get used to it. LeBron and Wade WILL BE the men....for a LONG time. if you dont at least accept that you're going to be upset for a long time to come.

wink.gif

laugh.gif

......oh i get it completely. my thing is that stance (sounds like to me) will only hurt you more than them in the process .

- i have a female friend with the same mentality and also will find any and every thing wrong with LeBron......and i tell her. you may as well get used to it. LeBron and Wade WILL BE the men....for a LONG time. if you dont at least accept that you're going to be upset for a long time to come.

that's why i'm so mad

i can tell what's gonna happen 6 years from now

just wait

just wait........

that's why i'm so mad

i can tell what's gonna happen 6 years from now

just wait

just wait........

Originally Posted by DipsetGeneral

Kenny Smith said if Rondo's arm wasn't hurt. This series woulda have went to game 7.

Rondo gets easier shots for everybody on the Celtics.

Oh, keeping Perk would have helped also.
What? Come on, I HATE these "if ______, then this would have happened" in sports because it NEVER works that way (e.g. "If he would have made that free throw in the 2nd quarter, they could have avoided overtime."... it just doesn't work like that, I'm sorry).
But this is even more silly. Rondo was perfectly fine in the first two games and they lost those games. What if I said "if Rondo never made his return to the court after hurting his arm, the Celtics would not have been so inspired and would consequently have let the lead slip and lose Game 3." (No, I'm not being serious.) Yeah, it's far-fetched and silly to speculate on, but the "what if" game NEVER works in sports.

Originally Posted by DipsetGeneral

Kenny Smith said if Rondo's arm wasn't hurt. This series woulda have went to game 7.

Rondo gets easier shots for everybody on the Celtics.

Oh, keeping Perk would have helped also.
What? Come on, I HATE these "if ______, then this would have happened" in sports because it NEVER works that way (e.g. "If he would have made that free throw in the 2nd quarter, they could have avoided overtime."... it just doesn't work like that, I'm sorry).
But this is even more silly. Rondo was perfectly fine in the first two games and they lost those games. What if I said "if Rondo never made his return to the court after hurting his arm, the Celtics would not have been so inspired and would consequently have let the lead slip and lose Game 3." (No, I'm not being serious.) Yeah, it's far-fetched and silly to speculate on, but the "what if" game NEVER works in sports.

Originally Posted by 23ska909red02

knightngale- stop it

Kobe needed Shaq and then needed Gasol. Point blank, bottom line, PERIOD. Just because Gasol isn't one of the 2 best players in the league like Bron and Wade are, that means nothing. Gasol was ABSOLUTELY the best offensive player in the league last year, and he was actually my MVP of the Finals. We don't win last year without Gasol's major contributions.

And no, the Heat this year doesn't make Kobe's championship last year more impressive, because it's not like Kobe dominated the Celtics and that's why we won. Not at AAALLLL. Hell, Gasol and Artest bailed us out of some Kobe mistakes.

Enh, why am I even trying? Folks like you don't know how to handle that Kobe's on the decline and never won a championship without some BIG help, and folks like Xta don't know how to handle that LeBron is on the rise and is on a team that looks like it will, indeed, be one of the dominant teams of the next decade.

*facepalm*
I agree. Why do you mention that as if I am trying to prove the opposite? Yes it does make it more impressive even if you don't like it. This year's celtics are a joke compared to the team that went to the finals.

The best offensive big man in the league was and is still Dirk. It is not even close.

Originally Posted by 23ska909red02

knightngale- stop it

Kobe needed Shaq and then needed Gasol. Point blank, bottom line, PERIOD. Just because Gasol isn't one of the 2 best players in the league like Bron and Wade are, that means nothing. Gasol was ABSOLUTELY the best offensive player in the league last year, and he was actually my MVP of the Finals. We don't win last year without Gasol's major contributions.

And no, the Heat this year doesn't make Kobe's championship last year more impressive, because it's not like Kobe dominated the Celtics and that's why we won. Not at AAALLLL. Hell, Gasol and Artest bailed us out of some Kobe mistakes.

Enh, why am I even trying? Folks like you don't know how to handle that Kobe's on the decline and never won a championship without some BIG help, and folks like Xta don't know how to handle that LeBron is on the rise and is on a team that looks like it will, indeed, be one of the dominant teams of the next decade.

*facepalm*
I agree. Why do you mention that as if I am trying to prove the opposite? Yes it does make it more impressive even if you don't like it. This year's celtics are a joke compared to the team that went to the finals.

The best offensive big man in the league was and is still Dirk. It is not even close.

Back
Top Bottom