Official Heat vs Celtics Thread. The Wagon Lives On. Choo Choo!

Wait, can I ask a question?

What team in this modern age of basketball has ever won a championship didn't have a big man dominating the boards?
Of course kobe needed shaq and Gasol... But obviously as you can see, Shaq never got any rings without a dominant shooting guard by his side. He never even made it to the finals. Ex - Kobe, Wade, Penny...

So at the end of the day, they NEEDED each other. 

Wait, can I ask a question?

What team in this modern age of basketball has ever won a championship didn't have a big man dominating the boards?
Of course kobe needed shaq and Gasol... But obviously as you can see, Shaq never got any rings without a dominant shooting guard by his side. He never even made it to the finals. Ex - Kobe, Wade, Penny...

So at the end of the day, they NEEDED each other. 

Originally Posted by Mez 0ne

Originally Posted by Put em up

Mez 0ne wrote:

your a salty old man, stop it dog its disgusting.
I'm really not speaking for myself when I say those things though, that IS why people will dislike the guy no matter what.
Is that really that far of a stretch? I was responding to some else who quoted me so fall back.

My whole thing is about the decision is he fed into what everybody wants.  Literally people were talking about the Summer of '10 since like 2006.  We did the same with Melo and now with Dwight, we create the hype around the guy leaving and when they buy into the hype they suddenly our "that type of guy," I'll never understand that logic.  The media created the Decision, not LeBron.

Originally Posted by Mez 0ne

Originally Posted by Put em up

Mez 0ne wrote:

your a salty old man, stop it dog its disgusting.
I'm really not speaking for myself when I say those things though, that IS why people will dislike the guy no matter what.
Is that really that far of a stretch? I was responding to some else who quoted me so fall back.

My whole thing is about the decision is he fed into what everybody wants.  Literally people were talking about the Summer of '10 since like 2006.  We did the same with Melo and now with Dwight, we create the hype around the guy leaving and when they buy into the hype they suddenly our "that type of guy," I'll never understand that logic.  The media created the Decision, not LeBron.

^ If the media created The Decision... and we did the same thing with Melo... then when was Melo's big special? I missed it.

^ If the media created The Decision... and we did the same thing with Melo... then when was Melo's big special? I missed it.

Originally Posted by 23ska909red02

Melo wasn't a free agent, he just held a team captive with his for half a season because of his own wants.  We talked about the Summer of '10 for 4 damn years, viral marketing campaigns, ESPN experts having predictions/scenarios about where everyone would go.  Second the thing hits, we have cameras following them everywhere, false rumors abundant, everything.  If someone, especially someone who is obviously shielded from the real world like 'Bron is only hears hype, he is going to feed into it.  I'm not saying it justifies "The Decision," it will forever be a dumb thing, but I don't think that one thing is enough to determine who the guy is as a person like everyone else does.  I think it speak more about the general public burning his jersey and creating him into a monster than it does anything about him.

If the Decision was such an awful thing, than why the *%*+ did everybody watch it?  It was the second highest televised event on ESPN all year.  So we get to watch it and participate in it but put all the blame on him?  We build it up, create the suspense and the drama, he feeds into it but we shove all the blame on him.  For christ sake he gave the money from the decision to the Boys & Girls club.  Not saying that justifies it but like damn, people always say I don't like Bron as a person off that one thing.  !#%!#$@!@%$#, you don't know LeBron, you've never met him.  You don't know any athlete, you can't make a judgment on any of them.  There job is too dribble a damn ball not be some moral figures.  I just only remember hearing positive things about Bron throughout his whole, entire career and that one thing made him go from good guy to bad and I'll never understand that. He didn't do anything criminal or wrong, he just was a little ignorant, I don't think that is enough for him to be a villain.

I watch athletes to see them do athletic stuff. Bron is a top 10 talent in the history of the game and for that reason alone I want him to succeed.  Same reason I wanted Kobe to get his which has now.  I'ma Knick fan first and an NBA fan next, and I think him winning is good for the game.

Melo wasn't a free agent, he just held a team captive with his for half a season because of his own wants.  We talked about the Summer of '10 for 4 damn years, viral marketing campaigns, ESPN experts having predictions/scenarios about where everyone would go.  Second the thing hits, we have cameras following them everywhere, false rumors abundant, everything.  If someone, especially someone who is obviously shielded from the real world like 'Bron is only hears hype, he is going to feed into it.  I'm not saying it justifies "The Decision," it will forever be a dumb thing, but I don't think that one thing is enough to determine who the guy is as a person like everyone else does.  I think it speak more about the general public burning his jersey and creating him into a monster than it does anything about him.

If the Decision was such an awful thing, than why the *%*+ did everybody watch it?  It was the second highest televised event on ESPN all year.  So we get to watch it and participate in it but put all the blame on him?  We build it up, create the suspense and the drama, he feeds into it but we shove all the blame on him.  For christ sake he gave the money from the decision to the Boys & Girls club.  Not saying that justifies it but like damn, people always say I don't like Bron as a person off that one thing.  !#%!#$@!@%$#, you don't know LeBron, you've never met him.  You don't know any athlete, you can't make a judgment on any of them.  There job is too dribble a damn ball not be some moral figures.  I just only remember hearing positive things about Bron throughout his whole, entire career and that one thing made him go from good guy to bad and I'll never understand that. He didn't do anything criminal or wrong, he just was a little ignorant, I don't think that is enough for him to be a villain.

I watch athletes to see them do athletic stuff. Bron is a top 10 talent in the history of the game and for that reason alone I want him to succeed.  Same reason I wanted Kobe to get his which has now.  I'ma Knick fan first and an NBA fan next, and I think him winning is good for the game.

Originally Posted by airmaxpenny1

If the Decision was such an awful thing, than why the *%*+ did everybody watch it?  It was the second highest televised event on ESPN all year.  So we get to watch it and participate in it but put all the blame on him?  We build it up, create the suspense and the drama, he feeds into it but we shove all the blame on him.  For christ sake he gave the money from the decision to the Boys & Girls club.  Not saying that justifies it but like damn, people always say I don't like Bron as a person off that one thing. 
pretty much.. a lot of my homies that are laker fans always bring it up... " i hate lebron because of the decision show" so why in the hell did you watch it? nobody made you watch it..

If the Decision was such an awful thing, than why the *%*+ did everybody watch it?  It was the second highest televised event on ESPN all year.  So we get to watch it and participate in it but put all the blame on him?  We build it up, create the suspense and the drama, he feeds into it but we shove all the blame on him.  For christ sake he gave the money from the decision to the Boys & Girls club.  Not saying that justifies it but like damn, people always say I don't like Bron as a person off that one thing. 
pretty much.. a lot of my homies that are laker fans always bring it up... " i hate lebron because of the decision show" so why in the hell did you watch it? nobody made you watch it..

Originally Posted by YoungTriz

....had 'the decision' ended up with LBJ in LA it would be a different story.

- i dont see any MIA fans complaining
nerd.gif

Originally Posted by YoungTriz

....had 'the decision' ended up with LBJ in LA it would be a different story.

- i dont see any MIA fans complaining
nerd.gif

Why name tandems such as Magic-Kareem, Jordan-Pippen and Kobe-Shaq when they came about through entirely different means than Lebron-Wade-Bosh.
I dont think Magic and Kareem were discussing the creation of a super-team over the summer of '78, he was simply drafted onto Kareems team.

Same can be said about the other tandems (Pau-Kobe is questionable, but you should get the point).

Then just think, what if Magic and Kareem were on different teams .. you really think Magic would rage in the midst of his prime and embark on a mission to create a super-team?

C'mon.

I dont think the hate is about whether or not Lebron can do it on his own, just more so about how he went about everything.

Why name tandems such as Magic-Kareem, Jordan-Pippen and Kobe-Shaq when they came about through entirely different means than Lebron-Wade-Bosh.
I dont think Magic and Kareem were discussing the creation of a super-team over the summer of '78, he was simply drafted onto Kareems team.

Same can be said about the other tandems (Pau-Kobe is questionable, but you should get the point).

Then just think, what if Magic and Kareem were on different teams .. you really think Magic would rage in the midst of his prime and embark on a mission to create a super-team?

C'mon.

I dont think the hate is about whether or not Lebron can do it on his own, just more so about how he went about everything.

Kenny Smith said if Rondo's arm wasn't hurt. This series woulda have went to game 7.

Rondo gets easier shots for everybody on the Celtics.

Oh, keeping Perk would have helped also.

Kenny Smith said if Rondo's arm wasn't hurt. This series woulda have went to game 7.

Rondo gets easier shots for everybody on the Celtics.

Oh, keeping Perk would have helped also.

Originally Posted by DipsetGeneral

......if the Celts execute in the last 19 seconds of game 4. and the last 2 minutes of game 5 it goes to 7.

- i like the Celts but im at peace with the loss because they were only going to go so far anyway. had they beat MIA?........maybe they beat CHI, but no way they were going to beat DAL or OKC.

- im happy for the Heat. DAL and OKC too. there are some good games coming up....

Originally Posted by DipsetGeneral

......if the Celts execute in the last 19 seconds of game 4. and the last 2 minutes of game 5 it goes to 7.

- i like the Celts but im at peace with the loss because they were only going to go so far anyway. had they beat MIA?........maybe they beat CHI, but no way they were going to beat DAL or OKC.

- im happy for the Heat. DAL and OKC too. there are some good games coming up....

Originally Posted by chitown4eva

Originally Posted by Seymore CAKE

This thread is absolutely disgusting... I'm a Bulls fan through & through and don't root for any other squad in the league but I love watching LeBron play and root for him. Nolan has stated somthing in this thread and on this site countless times, and it couldn't be closer to the truth, when you watch him you are witnessing greatness/you're witnessing history.  You've had to the opportunity to watch the next GREAT evolve and grow with each magnificient performance, and you don't even realize it. I mean people criticize him for not getting past orlando but he averaged 40, 8, & 8 for the entire playoff series. Its sad that people don't even understand how crazy those stats are because he has the ability to do it regularly.
30t6p3b.gif

If we can't win it all I'd want them to win, even though I loathe The ({}), because I $@#! with and respect Bron's game that much.  People are going to look around and his career will be finished and it will finally hit them how special his game was, and that's sad.
Yeah that was incredible.

I can't speak for other people but the reason why I was rooting against LeBron before the season started was because of two things..

1. How he disrespected Cleveland with the whole presentation of his "decision."

2. He forgo any chances of being known as the greatest basketball player ever.

Those numbers that I highlighted in your post cake proved to me that LeBron, at that point in his career, was on his way to becoming better than Jordan. I felt that I was witnessing greatness to another level because I grew up watching Jordan play. I don't remember Jordan ever putting (he probably had) 37 10 10 (something similiar) on back to back nights in the playoffs. When he decided to leave Cleveland I was disappointed because he didn't want to become the greatest anymore. I believed that he was selling his talent short and just settling. Also I still remembered that performance from the playoffs the year before when it looked like he just quit on his team.

Then it was the "decision." That was horrible because it made LeBron look like a selfish jerk and just disrespected the Cleveland organization.

After I heard about how much the media was ripping him and just making it seem like he's not even as good as Troy Murphy I had to cheer for him. As was explained in this thread it just made more sense for him to leave. Between the organization not getting him any true help, Delante smashing his mom, and 7 years of not winning a championship it made sense for him to leave now while still in his prime to win some rings.

Even though in my eyes he will never be better than Jordan he can still be known as a great player.

Sidenote: Bulls got Scottie Pippen through the DRAFT not in free agency. Pippen was developed into a great player. He wasn't already one.

Back
Top Bottom