OFFICIAL HOCKEY THREAD: NHL, KHL, NCAA, IIHL

Originally Posted by AddictedToFreshKicks

Originally Posted by empirestrikesfirst

Anyone know any info on the Heritage Classic?

I don't think they're doing it next season
tired.gif
 I don't understand why... the one in Calgary was pretty successful, even in the -24 weather.
Vancouver pushing for 2013 it looks like. I hope they get it just so I can get me a Vancouver Millionaires jersey. 
pimp.gif

big realignment coming for 12-13 season with winnipeg/atlanta situation. nashville, columbus, detroit looking to go east, atl/win go west, go from six divisions to four. very interesting.

^ The realignment proposal sounds like a good thing, I heard they'll base it on time zones to allow teams away games to be viewed more often on TV.

Bettman's proposal to the Board of Governors had Pacific, Midwest, East and South divisions, but we'll see if thats what they end up doing, but it sounds like most people are in favour of that idea

Originally Posted by DeadsetAce

detroit in the east
30t6p3b.gif

sick.gif

gotta go thru team USSR to even get outta the East...

Kovy - NJ always around
Ovi - Not goin anywhere soon
Datsyuk - Detroit always around

and for u DS... Malkin/Kovalev/Jagr
laugh.gif

laugh.gif

it's all good...we drafted a russian who should be ready either for realignment or one year in to it...i hope
laugh.gif

So the Winnipeg Jets will have completely different jerseys/logo design? Their old jerseys were classic, it's a shame they're changing their look.

Originally Posted by Winged Wheel

So the Winnipeg Jets will have completely different jerseys/logo design? Their old jerseys were classic, it's a shame they're changing their look.
We have to change the logo/jersey for a couple reasons.
-It is a different team, so it would be weird to use the same logo as a team that is currently somewhere else

-So many people have Jets jerseys here that you need a new logo so you can sell the new jerseys
laugh.gif

I've heard they might use the Moose colours, which would be pretty good cause I always thought the colours looked great- white/black/dark green and bronze

Plus all of the seats in the MTS Centre are green so if you went with the white/red/blue you would need to change every seat in the building

5 more days til friday
pimp.gif

still no contract for Stamkos yet
laugh.gif
devil.gif

anyway seeing Gagne is not coming back to Tampa and he still hasn't sold his house in NJ....

cliff-lee-600ml121510.jpg

needs to come back!

I completely understand from a business standpoint why the Jets would get an entire makeover. It's just too bad because I think they had a sweet color/uni combo.

Originally Posted by JewSeeJay

Originally Posted by DeadsetAce

detroit in the east
30t6p3b.gif

sick.gif

gotta go thru team USSR to even get outta the East...

Kovy - NJ always around
Ovi - Not goin anywhere soon
Datsyuk - Detroit always around

Malkin/Kovalev/Jagr
laugh.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
 UGH!

Originally Posted by dmxfury

Keep Det out west please!
Seriously. Leave Detroit in the west. I don't want to see these animals on skates. By animals, I mean highly skilled animals.

Bring Columbus to the east!
laugh.gif

yeah, just thinking about it now, we send the friggin thrashers and get back the best franchise of the last two decades. not fair.
laugh.gif

In my opinion 

EAST

Patrick Division:  Devils, Islanders, Rangers, Flyers, Penguins, Canes, Panthers, Lightning.  

Adams Division:  Canadiens, Sens, Leafs, Capitals, Sabres, Bruins, Wings, Jackets 

WEST

Smythe:   Kings, Ducks, Oilers, Canucks, Stars, Coyotes, Sharks 

Norris:   Jets, Blackhawks, Predators, Blues, Avs, Wild, Flames 

Either way, some teams, geographically will be off, but this would accommodate the Eastern time zone teams, that are currently in the West. 

Originally Posted by bjm5295

yeah, just thinking about it now, we send the friggin thrashers and get back the best franchise of the last two decades. not fair.
laugh.gif

If you think about it we had no business in the West to begin with. We are in the Eastern time zone for heavens sake. Realignment is going to be a major improvement for some teams.

Back
Top Bottom