OFFICIAL HOCKEY THREAD: NHL, KHL, NCAA, IIHL

I would love to see Detroit move East. One more playoff spot for every other team in the West to contend for.
happy.gif

The problem I have with the re-alignment proposal that was made is that the top four teams from each division make the playoffs. Say they go with this possible setup.

West Divison 1

ANA, LA, SJ, VAN, CAL, EDM, PHX

West Division 2

COL, DAL, CHI, NSH, WPG, STL, MIN

East Division 1

BOS, MTL, TOR, OTT, BUF, NYR, NYI, NJ

East Division 2

CBJ, DET, PIT, PHI, WSH, FLA, TBL, CAR

You could have teams miss on the playoffs that have a better record than teams that make it. Not to mention if they do move the Wings and Jackets east, what happens when/if Phoenix gets moved to Quebec City. You would have 17 teams in the east and 14 out west.

By the looks of it, the Yotes are/will be looking to move, so it's gonna be a realignment mess.
Hamilton Tigers
pimp.gif
, Quebec Nordiques
pimp.gif
, Portland or Kansas City. 

Originally Posted by FrenchBlue23

Quebec Nordiques
pimp.gif

pimp.gif

i'm w/ pro i ain't scared of Detroit
laugh.gif

Also heard from #NHL draft #Lightning and RFA Stamkos are not close to getting a deal done. Teams are eligible to submit offer sheet July 1   
for some FA news...uh oh...
nerd.gif
 would Stevie match and have 2 players with 10 million $$ salary or will he take the 4 first round picks?

edit all of them were arb...  

Erhoff traded to NYI for a 4th....

reports coming out of philly is the Flyers will offer Stamkos a huge offer sheet.

garylawless gary lawless
Lightning already have huge money tied up in vinny and marty - need to sign hedman next year - could be vulnerable to a stamkos offer sheet

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Burkie and the Leafs better stay out of it
laugh.gif
mad.gif

Originally Posted by PhilBalla09

Erhoff traded to NYI for a 4th....

reports coming out of philly is the Flyers will offer Stamkos a huge offer sheet.

garylawless gary lawless
Lightning already have huge money tied up in vinny and marty - need to sign hedman next year - could be vulnerable to a stamkos offer sheet

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Burkie and the Leafs better stay out of it
laugh.gif
mad.gif
Since the Penner fiasco, Burke won't do offer sheets. That's one of the reasons the Kessel trade went down.

I just hope Philly didn't make all the moves they did, and trade away Powe etc to free up Cap Space just to throw out that offer sheet........

It's quite obvious Tampa will match it (as they have said they will)........just hope Holmgren made those moves cause he thinks it'll help his hockey club, and not to be "that guy" who once gave Stamkos an offer sheet.

VERY disappointed Burns is not getting in again this year. Hockey HOF should be ashamed of themselves.

But, congrats to Nieuwendyk, Eddie, Gilmour and Mark Howe
pimp.gif

there was more to be reported kind of like Brindamour when they suddenly traded him. def. not just because Stamkos is a RFA.
laugh.gif
 I just think the timing makes it look that way.

Originally Posted by PhilBalla09

there was more to be reported kind of like Brindamour when they suddenly traded him. def. not just because Stamkos is a RFA.
laugh.gif
 I just think the timing makes it look that way.
What was the reason they traded Powe? Pure salary dump by the looks of it if you ask me.........doesn't seem as if Pronger wanted him out of the room
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

I don't know
laugh.gif
 he could be making room for Stamkos/Richards.

I want a combo of Gagne and Cole

edit: twitter is saying he could resign tomorrow...i hope he does so it can end the drama here in philly
30t6p3b.gif

There is no way Stamkos leaves TB, I'd love to believe we have a chance but I dont, best case scenario is a huge contract forces them to trade Vinny.

dammit...the caps re-upped laich, huh?
30t6p3b.gif

dude would have been nice on our squad. good for him tho...6 year deal, 27M

Originally Posted by DeadsetAce

dammit...the caps re-upped laich, huh?
30t6p3b.gif

dude would have been nice on our squad. good for him tho...6 year deal, 27M
This was a good year for him to be a FA....cashed in BIG TIME.  I think he's overpaid, but he's not a guy that I would want playing anywhere else.  Glad to have him back.  He'd be tough to replace. 

Supposedly LA, Ottawa, and Dallas are interested in Semin. 

With a lot of money tied into AO, Green, Backstrom, and now Laich....I think the writing is on the wall for Semin. 

Yeah...Semin has gotta go...he just hasn't produced in the playoffs...

Laich...overpaid, but we know how it goes in FA. It sometimes has to happen.

Would Ehrhoff go from a Stanley Cup finalist who lost in a Game 7 to a team that's in a 4-year playoff drought and could still be two years away from serious contention, just because they break the bank for him? (The Kurtenbloggers think it could go as high as $6.5 million per season, which is Chara-ville or PhaneufLand.)
Or would Ehrhoff make slightly less coin — but still a considerable amount — as the puck-moving replacement for Brian Rafalski(notes) with the Detroit Red Wings?

New York would be tighttttt

I am guessing Ehrhoff will get an offer around 5.25 per from the Wings. Unless the have a trade in the works they need to sign a Top 4 defencemen. Ehrhoff is the only UFA that fits that bill.

[h1]Brouwer: Players 'frustrated' by Hawks' roster shakeup[/h1]

June 28, 2011|Staff report

The breakup of the 2010 Stanley Cup-winning Chicago Blackhawks team continues, with Brian Campbell, Troy Brouwer and Tomas Kopecky among those being dispatched to new teams in the past week.

Brouwer expressed disappointment Tuesday over the reshaping of the team and said he wasn't the only player to feel that way.

I agree pretty much on what he is saying, seems like a lot has left with not a ton of good return... 
tired.gif

The Hawks needed to move players and will be better off because of it. We had a few players that weren't worth near what their salary indicated. Mark my words SCuse we will look back on this next June and see why things were done the way they were.

Back
Top Bottom