OFFICIAL HOCKEY THREAD: NHL, KHL, NCAA, IIHL

dang sad to see Kariya retire, wanted him to play for the Ducks one last time. Oh well
frown.gif
Savard next?
frown.gif

Wonder if Sabres can sign Ehroff. Miller would be happy if they do.

Hopefully the Capitals can get something big for Sasha Semin. It would be nice to package him and Green for a proven big time veteran, a talented prospect and a solid defenseman.

Originally Posted by FIRST B0RN

The Hawks needed to move players and will be better off because of it. We had a few players that weren't worth near what their salary indicated. Mark my words SCuse we will look back on this next June and see why things were done the way they were.

I hope your right, you would know more then me.
Moving Buff still kills me.

Jagr going to Pitt? 
nerd.gif

Anthony SanFillipo
Working on the story now... Let's just say Flyers are looking to bring in some veteran names who even casual #Flyers fans will recognize.

Bill Meltzer
There are rumors of Flyers bringing over a player from Europe.

Jagr signing with Philly??
grin.gif

what big name is in the KHL besides Jagr?

Originally Posted by PhilBalla09

Anthony SanFillipo
Working on the story now... Let's just say Flyers are looking to bring in some veteran names who even casual #Flyers fans will recognize.

Bill Meltzer
There are rumors of Flyers bringing over a player from Europe.

Jagr signing with Philly??
grin.gif

what big name is in the KHL besides Jagr?

Radulov?

Anyway Sabres with a near steal with signing Ehrhoff 10yr/40mill and if it isn't front-loaded
sick.gif

eek.gif
. Buffalo looking really nice to join, Mr. Brad Richards

Originally Posted by sosly

dang sad to see Kariya retire, wanted him to play for the Ducks one last time. Oh well
frown.gif
Savard next?
frown.gif

Wonder if Sabres can sign Ehroff. Miller would be happy if they do.
kariya was my favorite player in the 90s

i was hoping he would come back in 11-12 after taking the whole last season off but man....those concussions
30t6p3b.gif

There's still some names in the KHL, eg Alexei Yashin and Maxim Afinogenov.

It's sad to see my favourite player Paul Kariya retire. Gary Suter never got what he deserved for his cheapshots on Gretzky and Kariya. And Suter's nephew was actually Kariya teammate in Nashville, apparently Gary would ask through Ryan to see how Paul was doing, guy didn't even have the guts to talk to Kariya in person. Kariya played in an era that wasn't meant for players of his size.

Wow, 10 years for Ehrhoff is ridiculous  

Even though Mark Chipman says we won't spend to the cap I hope we can do something because we're about $15 million below the cap floor
laugh.gif

Ken Holland had a brain fart and signed Jon Ericsson to a 3/$9.75 deal. I am ready to say they will be a terrible defensive team again this year. A bottom pairing D for that much? Kronwall will for sure get north of $6 mil at this rate.

Originally Posted by Newbs24

Ken Holland had a brain fart and signed Jon Ericsson to a 3/$9.75 deal. I am ready to say they will be a terrible defensive team again this year. A bottom pairing D for that much? Kronwall will for sure get north of $6 mil at this rate.

I have nothing to say about this horrible signing
mad.gif

after all these reports... i'm really afraid for tomorrow...which is exactly 7 mins away
laugh.gif

Hoping to see Gagne and Cole in a Flyers uniform...

Originally Posted by Winged Wheel

I have nothing to say about this horrible signing
mad.gif

he's making as much as ICarle
laugh.gif
....i didn't think Montador is worth $2+...

Leino is probably is going to get 4+ which is an overpayment

Holland panicked is what it looks like.

No good DMen really out there and he didnt want to overpay.

I would rather get Jovo and Kaberle for a couple years than keep Ericsson around. The guy just doesn't work hard and is a mental ******. Two things that a DMan do not need to be.

My trust in Holland is going downhill fast unless he makes a significant move to upgrade this team. They are too soft and weak on the backend especially with nobody to play next to Lids.

I am not saying go crazy and overpay everyone but they need a Top 4 D and nobody on this team currently fits the bill. That is where the money should have been spent not on Ericsson.

The Circle of Life in Sports

Free agency is a fun time for fans and media. It is a tough time forfront offices as the auction atmosphere makes for some deals and offers that teams live to regret for many a season. Getting an asset without losing a player in return is what motivates teams to play in free agency. Nabbing a key player or a player that fits a role in the lineup is what is so attractive about free agency. Because there is a lack of multiple options the offers are perhaps richer or longer than standard offers. It is a time of risk. Analysis shows that there are more bad deals than good deals offered during free agency.

Also players work hard during their careers to get to free agency. This is their time. It is about their needs and wants and their freedom. They have earned this right.

Be that as it may, I am hopeful we do nab some new players today to add to the lineup. See this article and quotes within. We have some cap space. I expect we will make our offers and I am hopeful we add some players to the lineup. I also expect we will lose some players as well to free agency. The circle of life in pro sports.

We want to improve our team via the draft free agency and trades. Also via call ups of some prospects that we think are ready for NHL play. Player retention is also key. We win some and we lose some. All teams live within this kind of cycle. As was once said…

Jovo is an injury waiting to happen and Kaberle is a mental breakdown waiting to happen. Trust Detroit's FO.

BTW, am I the only one thinking Buffalo is going to swoop in and steal Richards away from everyone?

So Pens and Red Wings withdraw offer on Jagr?   I thought Jagr said it wasn't about the money 
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

I guess Florida is not retaining Voukon, they signed Jose Theodore to a 2 year contract.

Hearing Flyers have signed Michal Handzus. Waiting on a number.

frown.gif
frown.gif
frown.gif

Hardest working forward, if I ever saw one. 

Gonna miss the old duo of Handzus and Simmonds. 

Jagr gonna be back in Russia
laugh.gif

After seeing some of these contracts being given, I'm liking the Laich #'s more and more
laugh.gif

*Sean O'Donnel won't retire...

Jagr to the Flyers....

*edit*

Boyd Gordon to PHX

Raffi Torres to PHX

Scottie Upshall/Jose Theodore to FLA

Jeff Halpern to WAS

Jovo about to go to PHI

Holland panicked is what it looks like.

No good DMen really out there and he didnt want to overpay.

I think this is what it boiled down to Newbs.

Jagr got...*wait for it.....wait for it*

Spoiler [+]
3.3 mil

eek.gif

%%#!!!!
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom